Fire Richie Hall !!!! DISGRACE COACH

2 hours ago, USABomberfan said:

I say fire him right now and make an example out of him.

As much as I would want Hall's head on a post outside IGF field, it's not going to happen. With a terrible DC, we're probably going to lose in the first playoff game. Without a settled defensive playbook, we're almost certainly screwed. Hall might even be back next year- weird stuff happens. Look at Reed returning as GM in Montreal.

Just now, tracker said:

As much as I would want Hall's head on a post outside IGF field, it's not going to happen. With a terrible DC, we're probably going to lose in the first playoff game. Without a settled defensive playbook, we're almost certainly screwed. Hall might even be back next year- weird stuff happens. Look at Reed returning as GM in Montreal.

I'm praying to god our current management isn't as brain-dead as the Wettenhalls.

#FIRERICHIEHALLRIGHTNOW

I'm praying to god our current management isn't as brain-dead as the Wettenhalls.

#FIRERICHIEHALLRIGHTNOW

It probably comes down to slim chance vs no freaking chance at all. Take your pick. Look at how long some of the previous assistant coaches (and players) hung around when it was painfully obvious they were incompetent.

1 hour ago, USABomberfan said:

I say fire him right now and make an example out of him.

That makes no sense. I want Hall gone as much as anyone but firing him now is the equivalent of the WFC proclaiming "we made a mistake" and "the post-season doesn't matter," like waving the white flag. It's not going to happen.

He'll get fired in the day after the defense gives up 500+ in the WSF.

2 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

That makes no sense. I want Hall gone as much as anyone but firing him now is the equivalent of the WFC proclaiming "we made a mistake" and "the post-season doesn't matter," like waving the white flag. It's not going to happen.

Are player or personnel moves during the playoffs and before the Grey Cup frowned upon by the league?

51 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

I admit I'm blowing a little steam right now from the frustration of seeing Nichols and Harris join Darvin Adams on the injury report and yeah I know what you said is true.  It's just when you got situations like this, the problems on defense get magnified.

But we did make a mistake in bringing him here and I think he's as bad a DC as Bellefeuille was an OC.

The unfortunate part is that while the defence gave up a gajillion yards. They gave the ball to the offence on a couple turnovers with good field position but without Nicholls we couldn't convert them to major scores.    

If Nichols didn't get injured I'm sure we'd be celebrating 2nd place right now.  

2 hours ago, B-F-F-C said:

The unfortunate part is that while the defence gave up a gajillion yards. They gave the ball to the offence on a couple turnovers with good field position but without Nichols we couldn't convert them to major scores.    

If Nichols didn't get injured I'm sure we'd be celebrating 2nd place right now.  

Maybe. The offence under Nichols wasn't exactly on fire before he went down. With him down, the maybe went to zero.

.\

Well if we did it right now we wouldn't have to delay the inevitable.  I'm just so tired of a guy worse than Reinebold coaching this defense.

Can't fire Hall now. It will be done (if it's even done at all) in the off season. Don't hold your breath. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

Just now, tracker said:

Maybe. The offence under Nichols wasn't exactly on fire before he went down. With him down, the maybe went to zero.

.\

I know it's tough for you to see things in a positive light but come on this game is in the bag with a  semi competent QB.  

2 hours ago, B-F-F-C said:

I know it's tough for you to see things in a positive light but come on this game is in the bag with a  semi competent QB.  

i disagree. The Lions were marching up and down the field at will, our running game was almost non-existent and our receivers apart from Dressler were doing squat. Doug Flutie would have had a tough time.

2 hours ago, tracker said:

Yes, lets look to emulate the club that is a clown show.

2 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

Two drives, where we got fgs versus the rest of the game. Why let facts get in the way.

And when we got a FG, they rolled right down the field and got a TD.  With the Bomber defence as flaccid as it has been as was, it was obvious that the odd field goal wasn't going to do it.