Fire Richie Hall !!!! DISGRACE COACH

2 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

When they were 7-0 and everyone was praising them as the best thing since sliced bread? Wasn't the game in Edmonton the last time they lost? Here's what I think, I think the Bombers just know how to handle that Eskimo team and it doesn't matter when they play, the Bombers just do the right things to beat them. 

Let's hope so, I just felt at that point with all their injuries piling up at 7-0 and them just barely getting by with wins at that point we were setup well to knock em down.  They've gotten a bit healthy since.  But no, I hardly bought the hype.

I just really wanted the Ridirts because I believe they're the worst team in the playoffs this year, and I think they're going to get beat bad by Ottawa this weekend because Ottawa's playing that game on the site of this year's Grey Cup and have the formula with a healthy Trevor Harris and Willy Powell to run wild on them.  I think we can beat Edmonton, but Richie Hall better go with tight press man coverage all day long because soft zone is a bad formula to use against them.

25 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

When they were 7-0 and everyone was praising them as the best thing since sliced bread? Wasn't the game in Edmonton the last time they lost? Here's what I think, I think the Bombers just know how to handle that Eskimo team and it doesn't matter when they play, the Bombers just do the right things to beat them. 

Doesn't this even go back to last year??  Haven't they not beaten us single the Nichols trade!??   Could be the Nichols curse for them.... the football gods can be funny that way! :)

3 minutes ago, trueBlue83 said:

Doesn't this even go back to last year??  Haven't they not beaten us single the Nichols trade!??   Could be the Nichols curse for them.... the football gods can be funny that way! :)

They beat us once late last season after the Nichols trade, but we've taken 3 of the last 4 since starting him including 2 in Edmonton.  I just hope this squad is ready to go come this Sunday though because playoffs can be a different animal.

33 minutes ago, USABomberfan said:

They beat us once late last season after the Nichols trade, but we've taken 3 of the last 4 since starting him including 2 in Edmonton.  I just hope this squad is ready to go come this Sunday though because playoffs can be a different animal.

The last Bomber victory against the Esks. was an impressive performance seeing as a lot of their injured players had returned, D shut down Reilly in the first half completely and held him to 31/46  on the night.  O responded each time the Esks. scored in the second half and Chris Randle sealed the victory with a timely pick off.  Edm. has had trouble containing the Harris/Flanders combo. this season so hopefully that trend continues.

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

1 hour ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

The last Bomber victory against the Esks. was an impressive performance seeing as a lot of their injured players had returned, D shut down Reilly in the first half completely and held him to 31/46  on the night.  O responded each time the Esks. scored in the second half and Chris Randle sealed the victory with a timely pick off.  Edm. has had trouble containing the Harris/Flanders combo. this season so hopefully that trend continues.

Seems to me Reilly gets impatient against our D and will try and force something that leads to interceptions. Even in the first game vs. the esks if the dbs didn't have stone hands we likely come out with a few ints. 

11 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Seems to me Reilly gets impatient against our D and will try and force something that leads to interceptions. Even in the first game vs. the esks if the dbs didn't have stone hands we likely come out with a few ints. 

Heath dropped a sure one, and Roc Carmichael............well............he had a rough outing.

While Reilly is certainly a gunslinger, I'm not underestimating Maas's willingness to go to the run on draw plays.  Also, he seems to like quick outs to Vidal Hazelton.  I kinda wonder if we shouldn't shade Loffler over to his side to lower the boom on him as opposed to him doing that on one of our guys like he did to Jovon J last game.

25 minutes ago, USABomberfan said:

While Reilly is certainly a gunslinger, I'm not underestimating Maas's willingness to go to the run on draw plays.  Also, he seems to like quick outs to Vidal Hazelton.  I kinda wonder if we shouldn't shade Loffler over to his side to lower the boom on him as opposed to him doing that on one of our guys like he did to Jovon J last game.

I want Loffler watching Zylstra first but, overall, I don't think we can cheat on any of them. We can't afford to let them burn us on those "explosion" plays.

We're going to have to rely on our LBs and DBs making plays and Loffler to keep them honest.

2 minutes ago, JCon said:

I want Loffler watching Zylstra first but, overall, I don't think we can cheat on any of them. We can't afford to let them burn us on those "explosion" plays.

We're going to have to rely on our LBs and DBs making plays and Loffler to keep them honest.

I wouldn't be surprised if Fogg is put on his side.

10 minutes ago, JCon said:

So many weapons.  If I was making odds today I'd be putting Esks as the Grey Cup favourites.

Which suits me fine as a Bomber fan, since I've always preferred cheering for underdogs.

Just saw on Twitter the Ridirts cut Jacoby Ford.  Guy has a little mileage on him, but YES ... I'd say he is an upgrade over Greg Carr and certainly over Lankford.  Also has kick return experience btw and has done a better job in that department than a few others we got.  I'd tell our scouts to look in on him.

I'm a bit surprised they did that btw without Naaman Roosevelt back yet.

Edited by USABomberfan

7 hours ago, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

Plus we're already in Maas' head with the prospect of facing our hurry up offense. No opposing team had more problems with it than the Eskies.

Yeah, this guy isn't stable when faced with any kind of adversity.

Maas.gifMaas2.gif

6 hours ago, Noeller said:

I say this while knocking on wood *taps forehead*, but I like Lapo vs Benevides.......

Isn't Benevedes the defensive coach? Carson Walch is the OC.

Oh, I see what you did there! :D

8 minutes ago, J5V said:

Yeah, this guy isn't stable when faced with any kind of adversity.

Maas.gifMaas2.gif

guy has got to remember he is on camera ALL THE FREAKIN' TIME.. if you gotta throw a hissy fit, do it in the locker room or walkway.

I can't believe I actually wanted to have Maas as a coach here at one point.

2 hours ago, USABomberfan said:

That was a hell of a hit to JJ and JJ is still seeing stars.

6 minutes ago, SPuDS said:

guy has got to remember he is on camera ALL THE FREAKIN' TIME.. if you gotta throw a hissy fit, do it in the locker room or walkway.

I can't believe I actually wanted to have Maas as a coach here at one point.

Yep, I hope Lapo and Hall are taking notes. I think this guy can be singled out for some mental abuse and once he goes off, we've got him!