Fire Richie Hall !!!! DISGRACE COACH

40 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Combo of wild-santos-leggett could make up for a lot...  probably change a couple big plays against into big stops

hurl doesn't have closing speed for hall's passive D so he's using hurl as an extra DL... like our new greg peach....

would mean we have to start 2 Canadian WRs then since Hurl would be coming out. 

15 minutes ago, Noeller said:

why do you think Wild/Santos could cover the MACK spot? Remember when Bass had a superb run on the outside and then tried to convert to the middle? 

well, can it be any worse than Hurl right now? Dont know until you try them out there. Of course, this is all based on the assumption that Wild is ready to come back to game action, which I really doubt. 

39 minutes ago, Noeller said:

why do you think Wild/Santos could cover the MACK spot? Remember when Bass had a superb run on the outside and then tried to convert to the middle? 

I believe I remember hearing an interview with Santos-Knox that he used to play MLB in university. In addition to safety as well. Can't remember the source, but I believe it was in a CFL:60 interview.

True. But that doesn't mean they are worse than Hurl. Passport and O'Shea's stubbornness also come into play. We've seen a few times with O'Shea where everybody else can see a change is necessary (Willy, Kuale) and when he finally makes the change the team does much better. I don't know if this is the case, but its not always the best or most effective players on the field.

19 minutes ago, WildPath said:

True. But that doesn't mean they are worse than Hurl. Passport and O'Shea's stubbornness also come into play. We've seen a few times with O'Shea where everybody else can see a change is necessary (Willy, Kuale) and when he finally makes the change the team does much better. I don't know if this is the case, but its not always the best or most effective players on the field.

Switching QBs last season could've probably happened a game sooner but I still doubt the Bombers win in week 5 with Nichols behind centre. What was the alternative back in 2014 for Kuale, though? IIRC, his last game was in Ottawa in week 15 (injury?) and the Bombers didn't play better after that.

I'm not sure if I buy the theory O'Shea is too stubborn to make changes. I think the team gambled at a crucial defensive position and it simply hasn't paid off.

2 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I was doing my best to not call people f***ing morons......

It can be a struggle at times.

So the Bombers originally had 5 imports in to compete for the starting middle linebacker job.  None of them stood out as exceptional.  In the meantime, Cory "Poop" Johnson had a fantastic camp and did look exceptional.

So OShea, being so incredibly stubborn, changed the plan and put Johnson in as a starter rather than Thomas as he was clearly superior in talent, and in the meantime at middle LB, no one stood out as being any great shakes better than Hurl, so they stubbornly switched the ratio from DL to LB.

12 minutes ago, mbrg said:

It can be a struggle at times.

So the Bombers originally had 5 imports in to compete for the starting middle linebacker job.  None of them stood out as exceptional.  In the meantime, Cory "Poop" Johnson had a fantastic camp and did look exceptional.

So OShea, being so incredibly stubborn, changed the plan and put Johnson in as a starter rather than Thomas as he was clearly superior in talent, and in the meantime at middle LB, no one stood out as being any great shakes better than Hurl, so they stubbornly switched the ratio from DL to LB.

You guys and your logic. MOS NEVER changes the lineup EVER. Except when he does...and that doesn't count.

I appreciate what MOS sees in Hurl;    calls a good game for LB positioning;    fills the right gap and occupies an O-lineman;    runs sideline to sideline in pursuit.

What I would appreciate more;  Continue to call the right defence for the LBs;   Fill the right gap to shed the O-Lineman and make the tackle; run sideline to sideline to make the tackle...not to be next on the scene. 

The difference is in our perception of the prototypical MLB. We just don’t have that, and when the pressure isn’t there, and the mistakes pile up, we see who’s slow out there, and it bothers us.

Its either love or hate...there is no middle ground, so to speak...

31 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

I appreciate what MOS sees in Hurl;   

Serviceable skills and a Canadian passport.

That said, I don't get the vitriol hurled his way.  We have to play minimum 7 NI's.  If he doesn't start, someone not as good has to play.  People don't want to wrap their heads around that, just complain.  Taking out Hurl and putting in Mr. USA LB just shifts the problem to a different spot on the field.  Replacing Hurl isn't an answer due to it being incomplete.

3 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

The passport has only become a valid reason since Westerman went down. Before that he was the 8th starting Canuck, which gives us an extra backup import instead of an extra starting import.

Which, if I understand the rules correctly, matters literally on only the first defensive play of the game.

3 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

The passport has only become a valid reason since Westerman went down. Before that he was the 8th starting Canuck, which gives us an extra backup import instead of an extra starting import.

What was/is the alternative, though? Even if the ratio were a moot point, who goes in at MLB on this roster and is more impactful?

5 hours ago, mbrg said:

Serviceable skills and a Canadian passport.

That said, I don't get the vitriol hurled his way.  We have to play minimum 7 NI's.  If he doesn't start, someone not as good has to play.  People don't want to wrap their heads around that, just complain.  Taking out Hurl and putting in Mr. USA LB just shifts the problem to a different spot on the field.  Replacing Hurl isn't an answer due to it being incomplete.

I guess it's just that we see guys like Elimimian and Singleton and wonder what kind of impact a player like that might have on our team.