Fire Richie Hall !!!! DISGRACE COACH

1 hour ago, Mark H. said:

They didn't fix the OL by looking for answers on their current (at that time) roster.  

I don't know when they added Jevaris Jones to the PR but the following video shows him to be a lethal hitter, especially in the backfield.  The sound of his collisions are as good as the video!

https://www.hudl.com/video/2/15709/586fff03b018fd2b8810bf47

42 minutes ago, J5V said:

I guess it's just that we see guys like Elimimian and Singleton and wonder what kind of impact a player like that might have on our team. 

Well Elimimian isn't Canadian, so that doesn't help anything.  Now people would just be bitching about how Derek Jones keeps getting beat on the corner.

Singleton isn't on our team.  He's obviously better than Hurl, but so what?    As in, why aren't people spending countless hours complaining about Feoli-Gudino not being as good as Sinopoli?  That would be an identical situation, but it never happens.  What kind of impact would Sinopoli have on our team?  The same.  We'd be better.  If we replaced all our non-all-star players with the CFL all-star team, we'd be better.

I completely agree that we don't have all the best players in the league on our team.

3 hours ago, mbrg said:

Well Elimimian isn't Canadian, so that doesn't help anything.  Now people would just be bitching about how Derek Jones keeps getting beat on the corner.

Singleton isn't on our team.  He's obviously better than Hurl, but so what?    As in, why aren't people spending countless hours complaining about Feoli-Gudino not being as good as Sinopoli?  That would be an identical situation, but it never happens.  What kind of impact would Sinopoli have on our team?  The same.  We'd be better.  If we replaced all our non-all-star players with the CFL all-star team, we'd be better.

I completely agree that we don't have all the best players in the league on our team.

I said we wonder what kind of impact those players would have. The impact of an Elimimian or Singleton would, in my opinion, be huge. Maybe championship huge. I doubt that would be the case with Sinopoli. 

10 hours ago, mbrg said:

That's enough!!!  Logic has no place within these walls!!!!

9 hours ago, Blueandgold said:

If Sam Hurl is such a good player, why couldn't he see the field last year?

YEAH AIR!  WHY?

I assume you're arguing with the air, since literally no one has claimed he's "such a good player".

Also, he did see the field last year.  He was a regular part of the defensive NI rotation with 3 or 4 other guys.

On 10/12/2017 at 10:06 AM, Atomic said:

So what's the problem then.... our DC or our lack of an impact MLB?

I'll say this, I'm not a Hurl fan if nothing else because it seemed like Masoli was targeting his area of the field and completing a lot of passes that direction since his coverage skills are lacking, and he seems to diagnose plays a bit slow.  I do think yes Hall's defense would be marginally improved with some better LBs.  BUT ....

He's historically been pretty passive and good reasons are there for why he got fired out of SSK.  There may have been a time when bend but don't break defense would have worked quite well in the CFL, but not today in the wild wild west.  Whether or not you agree, I'd say there's ample evidence to say this D has to go in a new direction if we're going to get this current personnel group (with a few exceptions) a Grey Cup win.

16 minutes ago, USABomberfan said:

Bad at route-running, and also paddlehands dropping an easy catch.  Can we just cut his butt outta here right now?

#CutRyanStankford

Totally agree. I’d even prefer they brought back Thorpe despite his sulking. Can the team still bring in players or are the rosters frozen?

And even if we did lose Leggett, Richie Hall's silly prevent D was embarrassing

I will say though, I think Lapolice does deserve some criticism for this game too, I didn't like his uber conservative approach against that awful D.

Make no mistake, it's a good day to be a Bomber fan, we got the W, but we won't be playing against inept QBs like this in the playoffs.

Edited by USABomberfan

1 minute ago, USABomberfan said:

Yeah but that's still bad on his part.

Why? Its irrelevant. And how is that on hall? Guys were there and missed tackles. Both of burnhams TDs were due to missed tackles. D shut the lions down. Bitching for the sake of it. 

Edited by Goalie

2 hours ago, USABomberfan said:

And even if we did lose Leggett, Richie Hall's silly prevent D was embarrassing.  I will say though, I think Lapolice does deserve some criticism for this game too, I didn't like his uber conservative approach against that awful D.  Make no mistake, it's a good day to be a Bomber fan, we got the W, but we won't be playing against inept QBs like this in the playoffs.

Its sad when we need to worry more about our defensive coach than the opposing team.