Fire Richie Hall !!!! DISGRACE COACH

37 minutes ago, tracker said:

This game was a microcosm of the 2017- riddled with a few obvious (to most of us)  flaws and almost good enough but not quite. The problems that were there last year are still mostly there- the worst MLB in the league, a porous defence, and a head coach who is apparently loyal to "his" players and staff to the point of stubbornness. Our O-line is suddenly suspect, the offence is absent in critical situations, and the revamped D-line is just not good enough. Yes, BC, Edmonton and Calgary have problems, but our participation in the playoffs is going to be short and ugly. As much as we have mocked the Riders, they have progressed through the last half few games, whereas we have regressed.

I watched #10 repeatedly run into the line, get buried, and have no positive impact whatsoever. He is slow, lacks power, and doesn't give himself an opportunity to make a play.

The defence was indeed porous, especially between the 20's. They made some good goal line stands though.

Why do you say our O-line is suspect? You do realize Bond got his bell rung early and was out, right? I thought Lapo's play calling was poor today and Andrew Harris suffered for it. I thought Matt Nichols did an excellent job running the offense today.

DSCF2947.jpg

I agree about the D-line. Nowhere near enough pressure on Ricky Ray.

I was so disappointed and frustrated watching how Hall schemed (or didn't) to stop the run.  Watching Hurl repeatedly run straight into the Argo o-line (assignment sound I suppose ?), only to leave a massive hole for Wilder Jr to run through was maddening.  Whenever I saw  him whiff on tackles... good gravy I almost had a stroke from trying not to swear in front of my poor parents.

We've definitely got some ballers on this D... but they're handcuffed by dead weight and a dud scheme.

someone earlier said it is time for our secondary players to step up and I agree with that statement as long as they are given the chance to step up. Givens was thrown 3-4 balls tonight and did the best he could (I don't have the stats to verify but I believe it was around 3-4 balls) Denmark was thrown to 3 times, he caught 2. Perhaps it might be better said that when someone is returning from injury LaPo doesn't target that person what 15 times? Dressler was thrown to on 3 consecutive plays. I find that hard to believe he was the only one in the open. It is a LaPo tradition or tendency to do this whenever someone returns. I think the secondary players can and will step up if given the chance but at least give them the chance.

33 minutes ago, Old Bomber Fan said:

someone earlier said it is time for our secondary players to step up and I agree with that statement as long as they are given the chance to step up. Givens was thrown 3-4 balls tonight and did the best he could (I don't have the stats to verify but I believe it was around 3-4 balls) Denmark was thrown to 3 times, he caught 2. Perhaps it might be better said that when someone is returning from injury LaPo doesn't target that person what 15 times? Dressler was thrown to on 3 consecutive plays. I find that hard to believe he was the only one in the open. It is a LaPo tradition or tendency to do this whenever someone returns. I think the secondary players can and will step up if given the chance but at least give them the chance.

It's simple, Dressler had been out, Nichols missed having him, wanted to get back in sync and therefore targeted him.

Enough calling Dressler washed up now.

But no matter, the Richie Hall excuse machine is over.

Erg!   Toronto games are always weird.  the bombers just seem flat right from opening kick off.    body language and demeanor on all sides of the ball was 'meh'.   You couldnt really tell they were playing to clinch home field today.   Dressler and a slim few others were actually  playing with any type of intensity.  Wilder's arm bar that jolted Hurl's entire upper body to prevent any type of tackle was exceptionally brutal.     Harris even had an unchracteristic 3 drops and didnt seem like his ole' fired up self.   

Bmo had what...15,000 people. ? They sounded pretty loud. The  'Winnipeg is sinking...and I don't want to swim' sign was a nice Hip shout out, and pretty clever.  Jerks!!  Haha    

onward to week 19!!   

59 minutes ago, Mike said:

The way we've used our defensive personnel all year has driven me nuts. Way too many participation medals being handed out.

The fact that we DI a second-string and third-string WIL while we leave Nevis out of the lineup blows my mind. Bench one of Knox or Wild and get that constant rotation on the interior going - it's what allowed JT to have so much success earlier in the year.

At one point in the fourth quarter, I saw us line up with Thomas, Jones, Briggs, Hurl, Loffler and Ekakitie on D. Why? Why on earth do we have 6 Canadians out there at once? On a key down? Come on.

We're suddenly thin and I don't see how we're going to overcome it. That being said, we've got a lot of talent.

Yeah, saw Briggs & Elkakite out there with Hurl & just shook my head. 

2 minutes ago, Trogdor777 said:

Erg!   Toronto games are always weird.  the bombers just seem flat right from opening kick off.    body language and demeanor on all sides of the ball was 'meh'.   You couldnt really tell they were playing to clinch home field today.   Dressler and a slim few others were actually  playing with any type of intensity.  Wilder's arm bar that jolted Hurl's entire upper body to prevent any type of tackle was exceptionally brutal.     Harris even had an unchracteristic 3 drops and didnt seem like his ole' fired up self.   

Bmo had what...15,000 people. ? They sounded pretty loud. The  'Winnipeg is sinking...and I don't want to swim' sign was a nice Hip shout out, and pretty clever.  Jerks!!  Haha    

onward to week 19!!   

We hear this excuse all the time about how badly we play down east. I've always hated that. Do we want to win as a team or not? Who cares if the games are in Mtl, Tor, Ham or Ott?? Go out play your hearts out & win. It's only a 1 hour time difference so playing down east shouldn't matter. BC has to deal with a 3 hour time difference.  Can the excuses & play the game. 

Oh yes, I agree.  I wasn't trying to make an excuse for today.  And it shouldnt be an excuse.  I just find it more of a weird anomaly on a  historical franchise level.  I remember there were years where we couldn't win in Calgary stadium, or LDC.   The team was brutal on all facets today, absolutely no excuse.  They under-performed, and now is the time to continue to win the dirty ones, especially on the road. 

1 minute ago, Trogdor777 said:

Oh yes, I agree.  I wasn't trying to make an excuse for today.  And it shouldnt be an excuse.  I just find it more of a weird anomaly on a  historical franchise level.  I remember there were years where we couldn't win in Calgary stadium, or LDC.   The team was brutal on all facets today, absolutely no excuse.  They under-performed, and now is the time to continue to win the dirty ones, especially on the road. 

They're about 10 mins away from clinching second & a home playoff game if the Lions can hold off the Esks who are down 22-12. 

8 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Disgusting is right. 

More so cuz it's just insane that a team we beat twice still has the possibility of finishing ahead of us at season's end.  My gut tells me though that we'll finish burning that refuse stinking up Vancouver next week.  Oh well ... Guess we wouldn't want everything to be too easy now would we?

Edited by USABomberfan

47 minutes ago, USABomberfan said:

More so cuz it's just insane that a team we beat twice still has the possibility of finishing ahead of us at season's end.  My gut tells me though that we'll finish burning that refuse stinking up Vancouver next week.  Oh well ... Guess we wouldn't want everything to be too easy now would we?

The only thing that stinks is our defense. 

I was watching the Stamps/Riders game on Friday and I couldn't help but notice how well Henoc Muamba was playing and wondering what a player like that would do to improve the middle of our line backing corps.    

he hasn't set the CFL on fire since he's returned from the NFL but damn he's head and shoulders better than Hurl. 

4 hours ago, B-F-F-C said:

I was watching the Stamps/Riders game on Friday and I couldn't help but notice how well Henoc Muamba was playing and wondering what a player like that would do to improve the middle of our line backing corps.    

he hasn't set the CFL on fire since he's returned from the NFL but damn he's head and shoulders better than Hurl. 

I am head and shoulders better than Hurl! And I am old and slow :)