Fire Richie Hall !!!! DISGRACE COACH

2 hours ago, 17to85 said:

They lost by 1 point in a game where the kicker missed 2 kicks that should have been routine for him.... Not even holding their own? They played like **** and the Argos still needed a missed kick to win that game so get ****** with the doom and gloom ****. 

This is not a gloom and doom post. It is an acknowledgement that the issues that the Bombers have had all season and have managed to dodge all season due to Nichols having a career best year have come home to roost. These deficiencies, like Hurl and Hall's defensive philosophy  will screw us in the playoffs and have been predictable. The only way for doom to be inevitable is to pretend it isn't happening.

20 minutes ago, tracker said:

This is not a gloom and doom post. It is an acknowledgement that the issues that the Bombers have had all season and have managed to dodge all season due to Nichols having a career best year have come home to roost. These deficiencies, like Hurl and Hall's defensive philosophy  will screw us in the playoffs and have been predictable. The only way for doom to be inevitable is to pretend it isn't happening.

They are 11 and 5, and even with all those issues had a chance to win that game without the offense being amazing. Things are not nearly as dire as you think they are. The team has weaknesses, every team in the league does, but they find ways to win or have chances to win, can't expect much more than that. 

2 hours ago, tracker said:

I'm starting to become really annoyed that the three teams were laughing stocks last year and the first half of this one are all getting better and the Bombers cannot even hold their own. We can shrug and blame the injuries to Adams and Leggett, but the warning signs have been there all year. The game against BC is not just "another game".

Of course it's not just another game, there's no such things as those in October and our guys are well aware of that.

You're also wrong about all three of those teams getting better as Montreal is getting worse and will not get better until their incompetent boob owner sells the team.  Even SSK getting that much better is debatable.  I call them a lucky team more so than a good team, and I say they'll lose either to us or in the crossover by double digits in the playoffs.

2 hours ago, USABomberfan said:

Of course it's not just another game, there's no such things as those in October and our guys are well aware of that.

You're also wrong about all three of those teams getting better as Montreal is getting worse and will not get better until their incompetent boob owner sells the team.  Even SSK getting that much better is debatable.  I call them a lucky team more so than a good team, and I say they'll lose either to us or in the crossover by double digits in the playoffs.

The three teams I was referring to were Toronto, Hamilton and Saskatchewan. Bridge has proven to be a decent QB and I would not want the Bombers to meet them the way the two teams have been playing of late.

Just now, tracker said:

The three teams I was referring to were Toronto, Hamilton and Saskatchewan. Bridge has proven to be a decent QB and I would not want the Bombers to meet them the way the two teams have been playing of late.

Meh... One week the Riders look like world beaters (last Friday in Calgary) and a week earlier they choked to a sketchy team on home field (two weeks earlier vs. the RedBlacks). Still a bit of a roller-coaster going on in Jonestown.

3 hours ago, tracker said:

Then you ranked them wrong since Montreal has been worse than Hamilton.  And I think it was a given that Toronto would improve if Ray could last a season for once and with the hiring of Marc Trestman.

2 hours ago, USABomberfan said:

Then you ranked them wrong since Montreal has been worse than Hamilton.  And I think it was a given that Toronto would improve if Ray could last a season for once and with the hiring of Marc Trestman.

There was no ranking- I named three teams which were disasters last year and earlier this year, but managed to find ways to shore up their teams and get better. And we're still saddled with Hurl, Knox , an underperforming D-line and defence in general.

3 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Meh... One week the Riders look like world beaters (last Friday in Calgary) and a week earlier they choked to a sketchy team on home field (two weeks earlier vs. the RedBlacks). Still a bit of a roller-coaster going on in Jonestown.

Exactly, one win in which their offense did nothing and all the sudden they're world beaters?

Just ridiculous what I hear around here.

4 minutes ago, tracker said:

There was no ranking- I named three teams which were disasters last year and earlier this year, but managed to find ways to shore up their teams and get better. And we're still saddled with Hurl, Knox , an underperforming D-line and defence in general.

All of which I believe will lead to Richie Hall getting fired this offseason as he should be.  But it doesn't change my mind that we still got a better shot than SSK to grab the cup.

6 hours ago, tracker said:

And of course, grousing about everything possible game in, game out,  is magically going to lift the Bombers to victory...

And for anyone thinking that the Lions are playing with nothing to lose, I think that you're dead wrong on that.  The players probably know that there is a strong possibility of a shake up coming and each one of them is playing to prove that they deserve a job, that they didn't quit.  They're playing for pride and their future.  That's not nothing.

2 hours ago, WBBFanWest said:

And for anyone thinking that the Lions are playing with nothing to lose, I think that you're dead wrong on that.  The players probably know that there is a strong possibility of a shake up coming and each one of them is playing to prove that they deserve a job, that they didn't quit.  They're playing for pride and their future.  That's not nothing.

If that was their motivation, they would have shown a lot more in the past few games. They have a couple of significant disruptions in their locker room, one of which is a certain kick returner.

3 hours ago, USABomberfan said:

All of which I believe will lead to Richie Hall getting fired this offseason as he should be.  But it doesn't change my mind that we still got a better shot than SSK to grab the cup.

That would be a tough one to call. Emotionally, I would pick the Bombers, mostly due to Nichols vs. Bridge, but the way things have been going lately, if they had to play this weekend it would almost be a toss-up, IMO. Plus, I have almost zero confidence in Hall's defence in crunch time. The loss of Leggett has hurt them badly.

7 minutes ago, tracker said:

That would be a tough one to call. Emotionally, I would pick the Bombers, mostly due to Nichols vs. Bridge, but the way things have been going lately, if they had to play this weekend it would almost be a toss-up, IMO. Plus, I have almost zero confidence in Hall's defence in crunch time. The loss of Leggett has hurt them badly.

Even with Leggett Richie Hall's D gave up big yardage. Having watched pro football for over 40 years I'm left with the impression that it rarely, if ever, goes well come crunch time for teams with defenses like ours. That said, you just never know for certain. Go Blue!

3 hours ago, tracker said:

At worst the Bombers are the same as last year but have a great chance to do better, in both regular season record and playoffs, get over this stupid ******* idea you have the the Bombers are coming apart at the seams and everyone else is playing amazing football. 

2 hours ago, 17to85 said:

At worst the Bombers are the same as last year but have a great chance to do better, in both regular season record and playoffs, get over this stupid ******* idea you have the the Bombers are coming apart at the seams and everyone else is playing amazing football. 

Hyperbole much?

10 hours ago, tracker said:

Hyperbole much?

your entire doom and gloom sentiments are just as much hyperbole. Of course teams like Hamilton have gotten noticeably better as the season has gone on, they were playing like one of the worst teams ever, there was nowhere to go but up, but the Bombers have been playing at a pretty high level for the past couple seasons, there's not as much room above them to show huge gains. 

While the Bombers' defense gives up the most yardage per game, they remain in 4th in terms of points allowed. (http://statfox.com/cfl/defstats.asp?season=2017&stype=all)

There isn't necessarily a correlation between yardage allowed and points surrendered. However, I think Hall's defense benefits greatly from a potent offense capable of winning TOP, putting together long drives, and ultimately scoring points. With the recent struggles on offense, the defense's shortcomings are magnified. Medlock's kicking issues also don't help.

Green Eggs and Ham (with apologies to Dr Seuss)

I am Sam. Sam-I-am 

Bomber fan: That Sam-I-am! That Sam-I-am! I do not like that Sam-I-am! 

Sam-I-am: Do you like green eggs and ham? Do you like them on a train, or in the rain?

Bomber Fan: I do not like green eggs and ham Sam-I-am. I do like you to tackle in the rain and hit like a train and many more tackles on the green terrain.

Sam-I-am: Would you like them here or there? 

Bomber Fan: I would like them here and there. I would like them anywhere. Sam-I-am. 

Sam-I-am: Would you like them in a house? Would you like them with a mouse? 

Bomber Fan: What are you talking about? House? I do not like how you tackle like a mouse. I do not like them here or there. I do not like them anywhere. I do not like green eggs and ham. I do not like them, Sam-I-am. 

Sam-I-am: Would you like the tackles in the box? Should I outsmart them like a fox? 

Bomber Fan: Yes, in a box. Not like a fox. Fill in the gap is how you play, and you do it well, or so they say, but I do not want to see a space filled, would rather you tackle all over the field.

Sam-I-am: Would you like me more then my fan? Could you like me more my friend? 

Bomber Fan: I guess I would, I guess I could if we had somebody else who could and would.

Sam-I-am: You may like me, wait and see. We could change our strategy.

Bomber Fan: Then here’s the green sword my friend, it’s time for this charade to end. Fall on it and don’t be a mouse, don’t let the opposition run all over our house.

Speak with the man and tell him you care, tell him how you just don’t compare. Tell him you will play anywhere a Canadian should be, just not in the position of MLB.

Sam-I-Am: And what’s my reward for pulling off this scam?

Bomber Fan: We will give you plate after plate of green eggs and ham....