Question from Kuta, Bali.

do or die

18 minutes ago, do or die said:

What in the Blue hell happened?

Team looked completely unprepared,  caught with their pants down many a times.   

Guys who usually make big plays on defense ended up getting burned.

Lots of missed tackles. 

Outcoached.

Shot themselves in the foot several times in the first half.  

For some reason they kept giving the rock to Flanders instead of Harris early on.  

The time bomb in the Bomber team finally detonated. The D-line which was supposed to be a major improvement over last year and provide the pressure on opposing QB's to force them into either hurry their throws or get sacked has been mediocre at best and was really exposed as such last night. The Bomber O-line was not good at all and Hurl played like he usually does, only Hamilton went right at the MLB position. I didn't realize it until it was mentioned in the telecast, but Loffler is the Bomber leading tackler. This would mean that a) we are not getting to the opposing QB and our linebacking collectively sucks. Santos-Knox and Leggett are good, and that points out how utterly terrible Hurl and Knox are. If a rookie CFL head coach like June Jones can diddle the Bombers like this, imagine what Calgary with good coaching and talent will do to the Bombers.

Edited by tracker

So many times they had Masoli deep in trouble and he tossed a prayer down the field... only for our db to be 15 yards away from the receiver. 

I would say the d-line did their job,  lb'ers were also decent.   This was on the db's being so bloody far away and/or just not making the play.   

23 hours ago, Brandon said:

So many times they had Masoli deep in trouble and he tossed a prayer down the field... only for our db to be 15 yards away from the receiver. 

I would say the d-line did their job,  lb'ers were also decent.   This was on the db's being so bloody far away and/or just not making the play.   

completely agree, the DL got pressure, the coverage was just not there. Masoli runs for his life and tosses a duck downfield and there's a wide open receiver to save his ass. 

20 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

completely agree, the DL got pressure, the coverage was just not there. Masoli runs for his life and tosses a duck downfield and there's a wide open receiver to save his ass. 

I disagree about the effectiveness of our D-line. Stupid is as stupid does, and good is as good does, and the Bomber D-line has not been good this year, even against poor O-lines.