"Good" but "Stand Pat Sally" vs "Improving"

TheSource

23 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

They don't count. None of them are ex 1st round NFL draft picks.

"Coates (not going to scare anyone)"

Our back up Canadian Rec isn't going to scare anyone??? OMG THIS TEAM IS ****!!!!!

And anyone who dumps of Thomas needs to STFU and either relearn or just learn how the CFL works when it comes to CND players. Thomas would be scooped up immediately if released tomorrow.  He makes a significant play in almost every game. FOOOOOR example, against the ticats, he hustled off his block and tripped up Green AFTER he got to the second level. Had he not made that play Green scoots for at least 30 yards and possibly a TD. Thomas made the play and stopped the drive.

yeah true enough..but he got ate up and swallowed many times at the line and Green and couple times Masolli just breezed on into the second level untouched.

Jake is an adequate rotation guy especially when he has limited reps, not a real force  when asked to be out there as the de-facto starter and takes majority of the rotational reps, along with first team D-line (starter) reps

Pretty much any guy on a defense can be said to have a significant play during a game. 

2 minutes ago, Booch said:

yeah true enough..but he got ate up and swallowed many times at the line and Green and couple times Masolli just breezed on into the second level untouched.

Jake is an adequate rotation guy especially when he has limited reps, not a real force  when asked to be out there as the de-facto starter and takes majority of the rotational reps, along with first team D-line (starter) reps

Pretty much any guy on a defense can be said to have a significant play during a game. 

Fair, that's what I was getting at with the way the CND talent is in the league. Thomas isn't ever going to be a star. But he produces. And there's no team in the league that has all their CNDs at an all star level. Teams need to fill gaps with gap fillers. And if he's release. He won't be out of work long.

As a rotaional Canadian...especially at that position we can, and should be better. Over the course of a season if you were to break it down he probably hinders the defense and is a major part of a play going against us, more than a consistent positive. If we are or need to do a rotation as such I think we could be better served doing it elsewhere...especially come cold weather football

30 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

I'm do disagree to a point. I think he's been involved more than he should be. But as a rotational player, I think he does what is asked of him.

And does it well imo.  he dropped the ti-cat RB cold a few times and did it again for small gains a few other times.. I believe he was the last line of defense on at least 2 tackles where if he hadn't stopped or held up the RB, it was going to be a long gain.

19 hours ago, gcn11 said:

I highly doubt that any ex-HC, even a boneheaded one like Kelly, would make comments like the ones made by the OP.  Even Kelly wouldn't tear down a guy like Wolitarsky, or make commentary about players he's never coached. This is not Mike Kelly people...no matter how stupidly he tries to imitate him.

I think it's more fun to just pretend he is Mike Kelly :D

18 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

"Coates (not going to scare anyone)"

Our back up Canadian Rec isn't going to scare anyone??? OMG THIS TEAM IS ****!!!!!

Outside of Sinopoli... there is not one Canadian receiver that is "scaring" opponents...

18 hours ago, Booch said:

As a rotaional Canadian...especially at that position we can, and should be better. Over the course of a season if you were to break it down he probably hinders the defense and is a major part of a play going against us, more than a consistent positive. If we are or need to do a rotation as such I think we could be better served doing it elsewhere...especially come cold weather football

If Ekakitie develops into as good a player as Thomas next year... we have a solid starter at DT (that one starter being the rotation of Thomas and Ekakitie)... 

On ‎2017‎-‎10‎-‎10 at 2:53 PM, Booch said:

When the weather turns ice cold we can put a NAT at FC imo.

54 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

Bo Lokombo was cut the other day by the Raiders. Walters should be pursuing him. 

Who happens to also hail from Kinshasa, like a former Bombers NAT MLB.

Seriously, though, he could be a nice acquisition. Even if only for the future. Solid STer who could also have potential on defense.

Edited by blue_gold_84

• 5 weeks later...

So now Bombers have gone into the playoffs with essentially the same team that came into training camp. It is not a bad team by any means, but both the depth of this team and the effectiveness of their defence is going to be tested.

Hopefully they do well, but in my opinion they do not have the depth on either side of the ball to go deep into the playoffs, and based on the work of the entire season, the defense is not good enough to make it to the big game.

That said, the defense has played well lately, on any given day, anything can happen.

Good luck to your team today, this is  the one you clearly want in exactly this form, and the results, good or bad, are what you deserve.