Game 4 : @ Canucks

1 hour ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Yeah, Sportsnet is garbage. What they've done to NHL coverage is vomit worthy.

When they got the rights I hoped for at least an upgrade to their personnel.  That hasn't happened.  

Even now, I like the TSN crew / panel better for both entertainment and insight vs. Sportsnet.  Dreger, McKenzie, Duthie, Ferraro.... these guys are the best in the biz. 

Evanka Os....? led Sportsnet a couple nights ago asking if the Leafs would visit the White House next year.  Pitt having just visited + we all know how the media views the Leafs = understandable.  Except for the bloody obvious fact that the Leafs play in Toronto, Canada.  If they win a Cup I'm pretty sure they'd visit Ottawa! :lol:

It's a little thing.  But there's numerous other examples.  Sportsnet just blows.

VERY fortunate to have tickets to the doubleheader tomorrow, so I won't be subjected to Rogers' garbage.   Now, how much of the Jets game I miss....that's very much in question lol. 

16 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Sportsnet hockey-specific personnel is pretty good, with the glaring exception of Kyprios. He is the only one I'd be in a hurry to get rid of.

I don't mind Kypreos. For an ex-player comparison, he's infinitely better than Jeff O'Neill. I like Friedman & McLean, and Millard is ok. My feelings on the rest of them start at indifference and go down from there.

7 minutes ago, Noeller said:

O'Neill is awful, but Kypreos is bad in a different way. Where O'Neill comes across as arrogant and cocky (with absolutely nothing to back it up), Kypreos is just an idiot who somehow got considered an "insider"....

And he seems to enjoy making fun of Friedman, who happens to be a much better insider. Kypreos does come across as arrogant at times, too.

Dreger, LeBrun, and McKenzie are the ultimate insider trio and TSN takes the cake easily in that regard, IMO. The only one on SN who comes close is Friedman.

6 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

And he seems to enjoy making fun of Friedman, who happens to be a much better insider. Kypreos does come across as arrogant at times, too.

Dreger, LeBrun, and McKenzie are the ultimate insider trio and TSN takes the cake easily in that regard, IMO. The only one on SN who comes close is Friedman.

100% this.....

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

O'Neill is awful, but Kypreos is bad in a different way. Where O'Neill comes across as arrogant and cocky (with absolutely nothing to back it up), Kypreos is just an idiot who somehow got considered an "insider"....

I respect Kypreos more for his Leafs career than his broadcasting career.