Game 4 : @ Canucks

I really don't see a controversy here.  Maurice himself was quoted yesterday as saying "No, I'm not mad they went fishing.. I'm Jealous!" 

so does that sound like someone who's got a player in the dog house for sucking?  No. sounds like hes sticking up for an injured player who used the time off to go fish.

8 hours ago, BomberBall said:

Yes, but I believe the point he's making is we wouldn't have to use Lowry there.  If Maurice is dead set on having a big body in front of the net, Buff would be a good option.  And he actually has good hands too.

Crazy that Lowry gets on the PP over guys like Little, Ehlers.  The guy to stand in front of the net thing is useless if the guy can't handle the puck and the team can't get set up.  Let Wheeler and Byfuglien shift there once we actually have the puck under control.  Maurice is over coaching this team.  Literally with the amount of talent on this team the PP should be top 5 in the league, top 10 at worst, if he just tossed his 5 best guys out there. 

32 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Crazy that Lowry gets on the PP over guys like Little, Ehlers.  The guy to stand in front of the net thing is useless if the guy can't handle the puck and the team can't get set up.  Let Wheeler and Byfuglien shift there once we actually have the puck under control.  Maurice is over coaching this team.  Literally with the amount of talent on this team the PP should be top 5 in the league, top 10 at worst, if he just tossed his 5 best guys out there. 

Somehow Lowry has ended up on both top PP and PK units...  I like the guy but Maurice's usage is ridiculous.  

Buff-Scheif-Wheeler-Laine-Trouba would be an insane A unit

Lowry-Little-Petan-Ehlers-Morrissey would be a very good second unit...  I'd still put Dano out there over Lowry for net presence and hands though

Still not a huge fan of this system... Jets have a net front presence but still cannot get legit scoring chances from the zone

25 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Somehow Lowry has ended up on both top PP and PK units...  I like the guy but Maurice's usage is ridiculous.  

Buff-Scheif-Wheeler-Laine-Trouba would be an insane A unit

Lowry-Little-Petan-Ehlers-Morrissey would be a very good second unit...  I'd still put Dano out there over Lowry for net presence and hands though

Still not a huge fan of this system... Jets have a net front presence but still cannot get legit scoring chances from the zone

I'd go Ehlers-Scheifele-Wheeler-Laine-Buff or Trouba.

Ehlers has great chemistry with those 3 other forwards and none with Little.  Still have a pretty good 2nd group with Perreault-Little and Trouba or Buff with Morrissey and another forward.

Edited by JuranBoldenRules

Helle unreal again. This has always been his team.

Sphincter was fully tight at the end. Wheeler had a brutal game. He was gassed and mo continuously trotted him out. What was that about?! Regardless they held on. 

2-2 coming home. 7-2 and 6-3 losses are long gone. It would be nice to start off the season with a 3 game win streak, something the jets just couldn't do much of in recent years until it was too late.

Also ehlers icing them is gold. Canucks could and should have picked him instead they picked a bust in virtanen. They also ended the laine draft year on a winning streak essentially knocking them out of the draft sweepstakes. They should probably have both ehlers and laine but instead they are ours. Sucks to suck canucks 

Edited by Judd

When does Tanev get nicked for uniform violation?

Good game by Hellebuyck.

Never seen a curve puck in hockey.

WTF Myers but he makes up for it.

No winner in the Nik Petan Sighting of the Night contest. Anyone can enter.

So we've beaten the Oilers and the team that beat the Oilers.

Are the Canuck fans like Leaf fans now? Pay hundred + for ticket and not show up.

gRZc93K.jpg

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg