Lions @ Bombers - Right The Ship Edition

USABomberfan

Crazy the Leos lost this last game despite Jennings throwing over 375 yards and 3 TDs.  Don't know what the word is on Nichols yet but hope he can start for this game.  Get this big win right here and we can get one step closer to solidifying that WSF homefield spot.  Also, I believe BC is all but eliminated if they lose on Saturday.

48 minutes ago, USABomberfan said:

Crazy the Leos lost this last game despite Jennings throwing over 375 yards and 3 TDs.  Don't know what the word is on Nichols yet but hope he can start for this game.  Get this big win right here and we can get one step closer to solidifying that WSF homefield spot.  Also, I believe BC is all but eliminated if they lose on Saturday.

Tweet from Jeff Hamilton this morning saying QBs are not available to media, which is an unusual move for the Bombers....

Just my opinion, but why not just deem Davis starter for this week giving Nichols a week for his hand to heal rather than risking further injury?  He’s not going to be 100% this week, but with some rest he could be next week and the final 3 games.  Davis practices with the # 1 offence and can develop a better connection with them.  The club is risking the season by playing Nichols.   

13 minutes ago, Dirty30 said:

Just my opinion, but why not just deem Davis starter for this week giving Nichols a week for his hand to heal rather than risking further injury?  He’s not going to be 100% this week, but with some rest he could be next week and the final 3 games.  Davis practices with the # 1 offence and can develop a better connection with them.  The club is risking the season by playing Nichols.   

Says who?  We have no idea what Nichols injury is.  Maybe extra rest would make no difference?  Saturday's game is a big one and we need him playing, if he's healthy enough to do so.  I'll trust Nichols and the staff to decide that.

10 minutes ago, BomberBall said:

Says who?  We have no idea what Nichols injury is.  Maybe extra rest would make no difference?  Saturday's game is a big one and we need him playing, if he's healthy enough to do so.  I'll trust Nichols and the staff to decide that.

Lol is that your opinion? I just was going by my observations from TSN. His throwing hand looked pretty mangled. Bauming is reporting that he is throwing some nice spirals, but some wobblers as well.  I guarantee one good smack on a helmet or caught between some pads and  he out of the game. That hand is going to be sore and the ball difficult to grip.  I’m just thinking that the safer bet would be to prepare Davis as starter on Saturday bc if he has to come in again like that the results will be no different.  Again...just my opinion 

1 hour ago, Dirty30 said:

Lol is that your opinion? I just was going by my observations from TSN. His throwing hand looked pretty mangled. Bauming is reporting that he is throwing some nice spirals, but some wobblers as well.  I guarantee one good smack on a helmet or caught between some pads and  he out of the game. That hand is going to be sore and the ball difficult to grip.  I’m just thinking that the safer bet would be to prepare Davis as starter on Saturday bc if he has to come in again like that the results will be no different.  Again...just my opinion 

If this wasn't against BC with the season series on the line, I'd agree with you. But this is actually a pretty big game. This team hasn't lost two games in a row this year, have an opportunity to clinch a playoff spot (maybe even home date?) and if they win they force the tie breaker two weeks from now, it's a 4 point swing if they win AND they need to keep pace with the other western teams who are all coming off wins . So all those things considered, Nichols needs to play if he can. As for getting his hand getting hit etc etc...if his hand hits a helmet or gets caught between pads, last week injuries or not, he's going to be in a lot of pain. "He might get hurt" is a great way for a coach to lose his job.

2 hours ago, Dirty30 said:

It's a flesh wound, it's not a bone or connective tissue injury. There really is no further risk. If he can handle the pain and it's not affecting his ability to throw you gotta play him.

Edited by gcn11

46 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

If this wasn't against BC with the season series on the line, I'd agree with you. But this is actually a pretty big game. This team hasn't lost two games in a row this year, have an opportunity to clinch a playoff spot (maybe even home date?) and if they win they force the tie breaker two weeks from now, it's a 4 point swing if they win AND they need to keep pace with the other western teams who are all coming off wins . So all those things considered, Nichols needs to play if he can. As for getting his hand getting hit etc etc...if his hand hits a helmet or gets caught between pads, last week injuries or not, he's going to be in a lot of pain. "He might get hurt" is a great way for a coach to lose his job.

I think you're bang on... the QB (or any player) is literally one injury away from being out any time they go out there... if he can grip and throw the ball... he plays, end of discussion... 

When I get home from work, I'm going to try gripping the game ball I have at the house. I'm curious, trying to think about it, how much impact the ring and pinky have on release, when compared to the thumb, index and middle fingers....

54 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

I played QB in high school id imagine that would be extremely difficult to throw with that thing.. Especially on your throwing hand. If there's rain, or if he gets it aggravated during the game I'd say let Davis show what he has. 

I am beginning to have doubts about Davis. He certainly didn't look anything like a starting QB last game, and he has been in the league for SIX years. It seems to me that if a player has been in the league for six years and hasn't shown enough to challenge for a starting or look good in relief, you're probably never going to.

Edited by tracker