Lions @ Bombers - Right The Ship Edition

USABomberfan

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

When I get home from work, I'm going to try gripping the game ball I have at the house. I'm curious, trying to think about it, how much impact the ring and pinky have on release, when compared to the thumb, index and middle fingers....

Ring finger probably not so much, pinky definitely. 

But honestly I think Nichols came out of the game only to prevent more damage from happening. He got his hand hit twice, the rest of the team was flat as all hell so maybe they just figured live to fight another day. 

4 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Ring finger probably not so much, pinky definitely. 

But honestly I think Nichols came out of the game only to prevent more damage from happening. He got his hand hit twice, the rest of the team was flat as all hell so maybe they just figured live to fight another day. 

Agreed. It was obvious to all and sundry that the Bombers were flat as piss on a plate. At least his driving finger is intact.

32 minutes ago, tracker said:

I am beginning to have doubts about Davis. He certainly didn't look anything like a starting QB last game, and he has been in the league for SIX years. It seems to me that if a player has been in the league for six years and hasn't shown enough to challenge for a starting or look good in relief, you're probably never going to.

Davis has been in the league since 2015. I'm not willing to declare him a dud yet after one half of football. 

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

When I get home from work, I'm going to try gripping the game ball I have at the house. I'm curious, trying to think about it, how much impact the ring and pinky have on release, when compared to the thumb, index and middle fingers....

and by "game ball" you mean....?

Edited by kelownabomberfan

22 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Davis has been in the league since 2015. I'm not willing to declare him a dud yet after one half of football. 

I'll take your word for this, but yesterday in the morning monologue on 1290, Olshevsky said he'd been in the league for 6 years. That didn't fit for me but what the heck, I don't make a living at this sort of thing.

12 minutes ago, tracker said:

I'll take your word for this, but yesterday in the morning monologue on 1290, Olshevsky said he'd been in the league for 6 years. That didn't fit for me but what the heck, I don't make a living at this sort of thing.

LeFevour.

You can easily find this information with Google.

14 hours ago, tracker said:

I am beginning to have doubts about Davis. He certainly didn't look anything like a starting QB last game, and he has been in the league for SIX years. It seems to me that if a player has been in the league for six years and hasn't shown enough to challenge for a starting or look good in relief, you're probably never going to.

How do you figure he looked out of place?  He hit his receivers, he got yards with his feet.  he looked semi-slow on his reads but thats to be expected coming off the bench cold. 

the expectations around here continue to astound me daily.  "our backup isn't bo levi mitchell in his greatness! cut him!" or "Drew Wolitarsky dropped 1 pass out of 2! Cut him!" 

smh.

28 minutes ago, SPuDS said:

How do you figure he looked out of place?  He hit his receivers, he got yards with his feet.  he looked semi-slow on his reads but thats to be expected coming off the bench cold. 

the expectations around here continue to astound me daily.  "our backup isn't bo levi mitchell in his greatness! cut him!" or "Drew Wolitarsky dropped 1 pass out of 2! Cut him!" 

smh.

Spuds your head has gotta hurt from all the smh over the years..?

The biggest problem Davis had was hesitating in the pocket. Now I dunno if his receivers just weren't getting open or he just wasn't pulling the trigger for fear of making a mistake, but that's the danger of a young guy going into a game where the rest of the team is so flat. He knows that mistakes sink you so he doesn't even try anything that isn't certain. 

@DarrinBauming  46m46 minutes ago
Timothy Flanders and Trent Corney are again non-participants at #Bombers practice today. Mike Miller is practicing again.

@EdTaitWFC  49m49 minutes ago

Matt Nichols is still wearing GLOVE on throwing hand, but zipping passes at #Bombers practice

@EdTaitWFC  59m59 minutes ago
Terrence Edwards, who will be formally inducted into the #Bombers HOF tonight, is here at practice this morning

3 hours ago, bearpants said:

Interesting that he ignored Mr Loffler... 

If I could find the debate between me and arcenaux on my Instagram I'd post it. Cfl posted something about the hit and I jokingly said that Emmanuel probably didn't remember the hit. EA messaged me back calling me a little boy and such. Someone mentioned to him that he couldn't be that good of a receiver if he was cut after playing against a bunch of NFL pre season backups. It was quite funny.

21 hours ago, Stickem said:

Someone in the media said it's a 'costume glove'.....Matt breaking in  his 'Phantom Of the Opera' outfit for the 31'st I guess.  Kidding aside I'm just glad he's playing....We have to have our best down the stretch

Someone in the media who hasn't seen that picture earlier in the thread. That there is a receivers glove that lots of players wear. Typical media BS. Too lazy to use google .