Lions @ Bombers - Right The Ship Edition

USABomberfan

So it looks like Flanders is a no go, and apparently they might go with both Coates AND Gudino this week. Corney practiced today, and is a maybe. Darvin Adams did not practice, but spoke to the media after, which usually indicates that he'll play this weekend...

25 minutes ago, shadybob said:

I worry about our offence with JFG & Coates starting and no Flanders.

I'm not really worried, they got enough guys can play receiver and both Coates and JFG can make some catches. Helps the ratio and just means they gotta lean on Harris more, oh noes, not one of our best players getting the ball more. Against his old team and knowing how much he loves to shove it right in Wallys face. 

1 hour ago, Fan Boy said:

Someone in the media who hasn't seen that picture earlier in the thread. That there is a receivers glove that lots of players wear. Typical media BS. Too lazy to use google .  

I'd like to think the writer meant to use the word "custom" and made a mistake. I hope that's the case, anyway. :unsure:

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

So it looks like Flanders is a no go, and apparently they might go with both Coates AND Gudino this week. Corney practiced today, and is a maybe. Darvin Adams did not practice, but spoke to the media after, which usually indicates that he'll play this weekend...

I haven't heard anything about Shayon Green getting first team reps. this week but if Corney is a no go they have little option but to shake up the ratio.

On ‎2017‎-‎10‎-‎10 at 7:11 PM, tracker said:

I am beginning to have doubts about Davis. He certainly didn't look anything like a starting QB last game, and he has been in the league for SIX years. It seems to me that if a player has been in the league for six years and hasn't shown enough to challenge for a starting or look good in relief, you're probably never going to.

DDavis  hasn't really had any opportunity to play this entire season, and played a very small amount last year. I didn't see the last game and no doubt if he had come in and destroyed the Tabbies we wouldn't be having this discussion......but I think we gotta give the guy a break. It's not like the old days when teams got their #2 into the game, our #2 hasn't played since Nichols took over last year.

Did Davis even play last season? I thought prior to this season when he played in garbage time vs. the RedBlacks, the last time he saw regular season action was in 2015.

I agree on giving him a break. Going in cold on relief duty for a half where the team didn't look good from the get-go isn't a reasonable sample size.

7 hours ago, 17to85 said:

I'm not really worried, they got enough guys can play receiver and both Coates and JFG can make some catches. Helps the ratio and just means they gotta lean on Harris more, oh noes, not one of our best players getting the ball more. Against his old team and knowing how much he loves to shove it right in Wallys face. 

QFT. This, so much this. 

9 hours ago, Blueandgold said:

It's a shame that we couldn't get Mulumba under contact.

Pretty obvious O'Shea or Walters didn't want anything to do with him when he was available, he skipped Wpg. on his cross Canada tour event.  It does look like he is now approaching his pre-NFL form, so it's a pity he wasn't considered an option.

9 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Pretty obvious O'Shea or Walters didn't want anything to do with him when he was available, he skipped Wpg. on his cross Canada tour event.  It does look like he is now approaching his pre-NFL form, so it's a pity he wasn't considered an option.

I think you are confusing Mulumba and Muamba.