Lions @ Bombers - Right The Ship Edition

USABomberfan

Just now, Firekid said:

Looking weak in the receiving department. If Nichols is going to get injured, this is the week. With these receivers I feel like he may need to hold on to the ball longer which gives BC defenders time to get to him. 

Maybe they will get back to running the ball. Got the line, and the ball carrier to do it.  

1 hour ago, Mark F said:

Maybe they will get back to running the ball. Got the line, and the ball carrier to do it.  

I honestly feel the light load for Harris was intentional last week. I just can't see another reason for it. He wasn't shut down by any means. Lapo and Oshea know what he means to the Offense and I think he will be a big factor in the game tomorrow.

I'm not worried about Coates or JFG. They have both shown they can get open and make the hard catches. Adams is going to go off again!!! I just hope the Oline can shut down Bazzie. They had issues stopping the blitz off the ends last week.

29 minutes ago, AKAChip said:

I do not like this offensive lineup. Would have hoped Givens would have been given a shot over both Washington and Lankford. Washington has had his chance to impress and didn't. 

i didn't remember a whole lot of when he played earlier this season.  But I'll say Lankford should not be in there period, I'm tired of seeing him run piss poor routes.

1 minute ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

I have some good news guys! We're 0-2 at home when I attend. And 5-0 at home when I don't attend. I'll be at a wedding social Saturday evening so I won't be able to attend the game. Therefor according to my calculations that I've ran extensively.. We should come out with the W!!

I knew it was you!

3 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

I have some good news guys! We're 0-2 at home when I attend. And 5-0 at home when I don't attend. I'll be at a wedding social Saturday evening so I won't be able to attend the game. Therefor according to my calculations that I've ran extensively.. We should come out with the W!!

Well, at least just make sure you're willing them to win on a mobile device.

1 minute ago, AKAChip said:

I would argue he didn't impress the coaches either since he was removed from the lineup in favour of Thorpe. 

Not technically true, as Thorpe was ahead of him, but injury gave Washington the opportunity. Granted one could argue that was his chance to take the reigns and not let Thorpe get them back. But with the way Oshea works, I doubt he would have let someone lose their spot due to injury. But the fact he's still on the team, is evidence enough that he's shown something...I'm not trying to say the guy is a star in the making. Just that, he hasn't really shown anything either way but the coaches obviously feel he's got some talent.

2 hours ago, Judd said:

That is an ugly offensive lineup. When is dressler back?

Is it though? Still got Harris, still got Adams, still for Denmark... those are the guys they were always going to rely on. 

I agree I would love to have someone like Dressler back in there, but if the offense doesn't work I won't blame it on not having a couple guys in there simply because there are already enough guys there who should be able to pick up the slack. 

3 minutes ago, AKAChip said:

I would argue he didn't impress the coaches either since he was removed from the lineup in favour of Thorpe. 

Running 10 yards backwards into the endzone off balance was impressive.

He did something in the second game to lose his job.  I'm not sure what it was.  Missed a key block, ran some wrong routes, I don't know.  That was the end of his first audition.  Now he might be getting his second chance.  Or be one of the 2 scratches.

I am not so worried about  being able to catch the ball when it comes to them, I am concerned on them running their routes and giving Nichols some pass options in time before he gets hit. I expect their will be more focus from BC defenders on guys like Adams, Denny and Harris which will leave some opportunity for the other guys...... if they can run their routes and get open. And that is the worry I have. Sure hope that JFG, Coates, and Langford can step up because I see them as the guys that will have less defensive coverage on them. I believe their performance will be key. 

Just now, Firekid said:

I am not so worried about  being able to catch the ball when it comes to them, I am concerned on them running their routes and giving Nichols some pass options in time before he gets hit. I expect their will be more focus from BC defenders on guys like Adams, Denny and Harris which will leave some opportunity for the other guys...... if they can run their routes and get open. And that is the worry I have. Sure hope that JFG, Coates, and Langford can step up because I see them as the guys that will have less defensive coverage on them. I believe their performance will be key.

The first 2 have done pretty good on that front.  That third guy ... not so much.