Lions @ Bombers - Right The Ship Edition

USABomberfan

1 hour ago, blue_gold_84 said:

I think Washington is the question mark right now; the rest are known commodities.

Getting Harris involved on the ground and through the air will be key to the offensive being successful.

1 hour ago, blue_gold_84 said:

I think Washington is the question mark right now; the rest are known commodities.

Getting Harris involved on the ground and through the air will be key to the offensive being successful.

Harris needs at least 25 touches don't care if by the run or by the catch, and the O line needs to rebound after last week.

4 hours ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

I have some good news guys! We're 0-2 at home when I attend. And 5-0 at home when I don't attend. I'll be at a wedding social Saturday evening so I won't be able to attend the game. Therefor according to my calculations that I've ran extensively.. We should come out with the W!!

I'll even one up you... we are 0-4 when I watch the game on tv live... and 10 -  0 when I wait until the game is over and watch it on PVR.  

I've had season tickets three times in my life...  the coaches were Reinbold,  Kelly and Burke.   I believe that I am the ultimate curse on the team.      I will avoid watching the game or even come close to any tv....

5 hours ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

I have some good news guys! We're 0-2 at home when I attend. And 5-0 at home when I don't attend.

Yet another example of O'Shea's stubbornness.

Whenever he sees Arnold_Palmer in the stands, he's like "shut 'er down, boys, we're phoning this one in."

Edited by johnzo

50 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I'll even one up you... we are 0-4 when I watch the game on tv live... and 10 -  0 when I wait until the game is over and watch it on PVR...  I believe that I am the ultimate curse on the team.

I've gone to 10-15 live bomber games since I moved from Ottawa to Seattle in 1999. Couple games in Winnipeg, mostly games in BC, one in Montreal.

They are 0-fer in those games.  In fact, I have not seen a Bomber win live since 1996, when the Bombers beat Ottawa in the very last Rough Riders home game.

Was certain that they'd break my personal streak this year in BC. Goddammit, Medlock.

Edited by johnzo

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

I'm actually kind of surprised at how much people are underrating both Gudino and Coates....what exactly have they done to make you think they're not threats? Is it because they're Canadian? Or is it a racial thing? I don't really understand...

Both guys are steady NI receivers but generally lack the explosive potential of say Manny, Burnham, Williams, Walker, Bowman, Zylstra, Duke Williams etc. I like them both but don't see them as threats near most starting receivers.

2 hours ago, USABomberfan said:

We absolutely have to win now.  The Ridirts lost which means if we do, we'll have officially beaten them in the race for WSF home spot.  We'll seal that spot if the Argos knock the Eskos down right after that.  Hopefully Wilder is ready to run wild.

Wilder is out vs Esks, I believe. https://www.cfl.ca/2017/10/12/wilder-jr-likely-saturdays-matchup-vs-esks/

12 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

Both guys are steady NI receivers but generally lack the explosive potential of say Manny, Burnham, Williams, Walker, Bowman, Zylstra, Duke Williams etc. I like them both but don't see them as threats near most starting receivers.

JFG is very under-rated by Bombers fans. He has been very consistent and made several game-winning clutch grabs for us over the past 3 years. Hopefully he is healthy and not a last minute scratch.

5 hours ago, USABomberfan said:

We absolutely have to win now.  The Ridirts lost which means if we do, we'll have officially beaten them in the race for WSF home spot.  We'll seal that spot if the Argos knock the Eskos down right after that.  Hopefully Wilder is ready to run wild.

not quite. 3 games would be left and we would have a 5 point cushion, which means we could still lose out and riders win out to host the semi

1 hour ago, White Out said:

not quite. 3 games would be left and we would have a 5 point cushion, which means we could still lose out and riders win out to host the semi

No if we win today the most we could lose is 7, the number the Ridirts already lost.  Both them and Edmonton are beaten by us so they're only hope is having better records.  We win 1 more and it will be impossible  for SSK to do so.

5 hours ago, Judd said:

Lets not overreact. This is actually the complete opposite of a must win. That's what we get for taking care of our own business throughout the year. We have a couple kicks at the cat to lock that home game up.

Well OK yes I get your point it's just with that objective right in front of us now, I just don't want to fritter it away.

23 hours ago, johnzo said:

I've gone to 10-15 live bomber games since I moved from Ottawa to Seattle in 1999. Couple games in Winnipeg, mostly games in BC, one in Montreal.

They are 0-fer in those games.  In fact, I have not seen a Bomber win live since 1996, when the Bombers beat Ottawa in the very last Rough Riders home game.

Was certain that they'd break my personal streak this year in BC. Goddammit, Medlock.

so you're why they lost. That game is the only Bomber loss I've attended in my Denmark jersey. Your curse was stronger than my undefeated Denmark

1 hour ago, tracker said:

Translation: done for the year.

Is that right? Or is this a way for his salary not to count against the cap. I guess that doesn't make sense. Maybe you're right.:(