Game 5 : Hurricanes

And we have a problem, Mason is going to start tonight.

Maurice we talked about this.

Ever since we made the playoffs two years ago, the Jets keep getting caught in this little curse that would prevent the Jets from winning more than two games in a row and it's a streak that we don't normally break until the end of the season and the playoffs are far out of their reach

The Hurricanes' penalty killing is better at 83.3 percent, good for 12th overall, while the Jets are 28th with 70.6 percent.

I know it's only four games in but wow. We need two forwards up high. I noticed they've tweaked their box to one guy high. Imo we need two guys, we have the personal to play an aggressive box not passive.

3 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

The Hurricanes' penalty killing is better at 83.3 percent, good for 12th overall, while the Jets are 28th with 70.6 percent.

I know it's only four games in but wow. We need two forwards up high. I noticed they've tweaked their box to one guy high. Imo we need two guys, we have the personal to play an aggressive box not passive.

Maurice is on record saying passive pk. The idea seems to be... Shooting gallery. 

3 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Maurice is on record saying passive pk. The idea seems to be... Shooting gallery. 

Let me guess. If reporter said, 70.6 percent would suggest passive box isn't working he would say lack of execution. Coaches goto phrase when defending a system. I've used it as well. :-)

In theory, passive box clogs up shooting lanes with big bodies and sticks.  In reality with our team, to use your terms, shooting gallery.

My guess is teams with the best PK have an aggressive PK. In hockey passive box is one of my biggest pet peeves. I'll move on now.

so yeah that sounds like Buff returns tonight, why is it that it takes almost a whole season for Myers to recover from his LBI and yet Buff has the same LBI and it takes him a week to recover

wait don't answer that, Buff is a big guy

Edited by iHeart

3 hours ago, iHeart said:

so yeah that sounds like Buff returns tonight, why is it that it takes almost a whole season for Myers to recover from his LBI and yet Buff has the same LBI and it takes him a week to recover

wait don't answer that, Buff is a big guy

Because buffs injury wasnt as serious and buff didnt have a baby born prematurely with severe problems?