Kittens vs Bombers GDT

MrFreakzilla

6 minutes ago, tracker said:

I am not defending O'Shea's decisions, but if Thorpe had stuck around, maybe Lankford wouldn't be starting. Too bad Thorpe had a hissy-fit and got himself turfed.

Andrew Harris wasn't being played by Wally Buono and also had a "hissy fit". Andrew was right, he deserved to be playing.  Wally got rid of him instead and look at him now. Wally made a mistake with Andrew and O'Shea made the same mistake with Thorpe. Thorpe was right and deserved to be playing. One of the things I loved about Mike Riley was that he parked his ego and his best players played. He was smart enough to know that that is how you win a championship.

3 minutes ago, BigBlueFanatic said:

Denmark was targeted three times

The first throw was off target, or he wasn't where he should have been.

Second pass he dropped

Third pass caught for nine yards...

and that was it

I stand corrected. I saw the one catch. Meh. Maybe he is hurt.

10 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Source?

I know we all want to be hopeful but I'd be shocked if it wasn't that. Just the way he immediately went down when he landed. I doubt it's a sprain cause it didn't look like his ankle bent, and he landed on the front of his foot. Just seems like the kind of harmless thing where that **** happens. 

1 minute ago, BomberBall said:

He was on the sideline with a brace from his forearm to his bicep, roughly,  so I don't think it's either of those.

He seemed in good sprints FWIW.

Oh I didn't see that, only the way he was holding his arm coming off and the way he was sitting on the bench with his arm in his sweater. probably an elbow thing then. 

7 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Oh I didn't see that, only the way he was holding his arm coming off and the way he was sitting on the bench with his arm in his sweater. probably an elbow thing then. 

Yeah, I wondered the same thing when he came off the field, but when he came back out after the half, he had the brace on.

He was firing up the crowd and jumping around signaling first downs, so hopefully that's a good sign.

24 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I wasn't aware that we have so many armchair doctors on this site?   

Im not a doctor but I play one in real life. 

As for the WR core, its a strange spot. On the surface we have a good group. But stankford is a downgrade from mcduff, and we let him walk. Need to upgrade stanky. Then denny. I think we all love him for his heart and what he did last year. But he is just invisible in way too many games for an imp wr. Then dressler. I know we all love him. But the guy cant stay healthy. I dont wanna see it end badily for him. Id love to see him as a wr coach in the future. But hes a guy we cant invest star imp wr money on going into next year. 

For now dressler, adams, with a healthy flanders flanking, denny in the redzone and the unspectacular but dependable NIs will have to do.  

With what coates has shown, and JFG stepping up when we need him and woli a NI worth grooming im not too worried about our NI wr talent now. Sure a 1k ni wr would be great, but any star quality NI would be as well. 

We have to get younger at WR, and more dangerous. Washington has big up side. So does chris givens. Once we lock up a home play off game we should really try to get both of them in and see if they are guys we want to roster in the play offs.  As well as make more use of flanders when hes healthy. A lot of the juggernaut offensive performances we put on where enabled due to misdirection involving him. But as a weapon we didnt get a ton of use out of him directly. 

2 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Im not a doctor but I play one in real life. 

As for the WR core, its a strange spot. On the surface we have a good group. But stankford is a downgrade from mcduff, and we let him walk. Need to upgrade stanky. Then denny. I think we all love him for his heart and what he did last year. But he is just invisible in way too many games for an imp wr. Then dressler. I know we all love him. But the guy cant stay healthy. I dont wanna see it end badily for him. Id love to see him as a wr coach in the future. But hes a guy we cant invest star imp wr money on going into next year. 

For now dressler, adams, with a healthy flanders flanking, denny in the redzone and the unspectacular but dependable NIs will have to do.  

With what coates has shown, and JFG stepping up when we need him and woli a NI worth grooming im not too worried about our NI wr talent now. Sure a 1k ni wr would be great, but any star quality NI would be as well. 

We have to get younger at WR, and more dangerous. Washington has big up side. So does chris givens. Once we lock up a home play off game we should really try to get both of them in and see if they are guys we want to roster in the play offs.  As well as make more use of flanders when hes healthy. A lot of the juggernaut offensive performances we put on where enabled due to misdirection involving him. But as a weapon we didnt get a ton of use out of him directly. 

Gonna be some hard decisions for the BB coaching staff.

32 minutes ago, BomberBall said:

He was on the sideline with a brace from his forearm to his bicep, roughly,  so I don't think it's either of those.

He seemed in good sprints FWIW.

Demerol is like that. :(