Kittens vs Bombers GDT

MrFreakzilla

1 hour ago, rebusrankin said:

I'd like to see what Chris Givens can do.

Normally there is a good bit of adaptation to the cfl game. WR is a bit more plug and play, and a guy who played in the slot for as much as he did in the nfl should be good to give er a go pretty quick. 

Denial is one thing, hope is another. The late season injury bug has tackled the Bombers late in the season.

It doesn’t take a medical expert to realize the injuries to Adams and especially to Leggett, are serious. Call it what you will, but those boys will only be watching the rest of the games from the sidelines...

The next man up, for the Bombers has never had more significance.

Leggett, who was having a real impact on our defence, will sorely be missed. He was our defensive juggernaut.

I like what the Lions did with Johnson at RB and the direct snaps. I like it so much, we should incorporate it with Harris. This would be right up his alley, especially if they create an alley for him to run in. 

Then, as was mentioned last night, run that play a couple of times and reverse it with LanKford’s speed. 

This would work and Harris would get his yards...and the Bombers would move the ball.

Edited by Mr Dee

9 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

I like what the Lions did with Johnson at RB and the direct snaps. I like it so much, we should incorporate it with Harris. This would be right up his alley, especially if they create an alley for him to run in. 

I liked that play too, but was surprised that they never just snapped it to Jennings as the Bombers completely ignored him after the first two times they ran that play. Jennings had half the field to  himself. I was expecting him to get the ball in the 4th when they really needed something to go their way.

5 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

The Bombers may have to slap a soft cast on Ian Wild’s arm and get him in the lineup ASAP. 

Wild, is a terrific pursuer and gets to the ball carrier quickly. He is not as good a tackler as Leggett, but then again, who is? 

There is no situation where Wild can replace Leggett. They play entirely different positions. Assuming this is what you are suggesting. 

22 hours ago, voodoochylde said:

You'd think so, right?  

Outside 2001, I've been pretty consistently disappointed with how fans in this city support the team  at times.  Lacklustre turnouts for late season or playoff games .. there's always a reason why people don't turn out:  too cold, too wet, better on TV, cottages (summer) ..

This team is playing well. They've demonstrated (organizationally) they are committed to the fans .. hope the fans will show their commitment in turn .. pack the house, sell out the playoff game 

I was very disappointed with the crowd. I know they said 26k tickets sold, but there wasn't anything close to that number actually there. If we are fortunate enough to get a playoff game it damn well better be sold out!!

I was at the game with a good view of the Bomber bench and after Adams' injury, I believe I saw him in a Bomber hoodie sporting a brace that covered his left arm from the wrist to just above the elbow so I'm thinking it's not a shoulder or collar bone injury....dislocated elbow, fractured radius/ulna? One way or another, it's not looking positive.

52 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

Then, as was mentioned last night, run that play a couple of times and reverse it with LannKford’s speed. 

This would work and Harris would get his yards...and the Bombers would move the ball.

It couldn't hurt.

5 hours ago, Jpan85 said:

Wild will not be playing SAM lb

5 hours ago, AKAChip said:

There is no situation where Wild can replace Leggett. They play entirely different positions. Assuming this is what you are suggesting. 

Wild doesn’t have to necessarily play SAM. He wouldn’t be in the lineup continuously in any case. He could be the 4th LB in a 3 rush situation, or, he could even fill in at MLB if they can work the ratio to be friendly. 

My point is, Wild gets to the ball. Get him a handful of reps if he can play..

21 hours ago, J5V said:

Andrew Harris wasn't being played by Wally Buono and also had a "hissy fit". Andrew was right, he deserved to be playing.  Wally got rid of him instead and look at him now. Wally made a mistake with Andrew and O'Shea made the same mistake with Thorpe. Thorpe was right and deserved to be playing. One of the things I loved about Mike Riley was that he parked his ego and his best players played. He was smart enough to know that that is how you win a championship.

Remind me again who signed him after he was released by us?  Oh yea, that's right, no one.  And it's been almost a month.   Seems like the entire CFL is less enamored of his skills than you.