Pyrrhic victory?

Blue_Dragoon

My god...

I am thrilled with the win, but almost think I would be happier with a loss where nobody got injured.

If some of these were as serious as they looked I think they could seriously jeopardize our playoff chances.

On offense, our already devastated receiving corp lost its best player in Adams and it looks like it could be a bad one. This on the heels of a knicked up Dressler and Flanders. Nichols also got up wincing after a hit and looked sore all game, although he did finish.

Then on defense we lose Walker (did he ever come back in?) and the core of our defense (IMO) Mo Leggett. Leggett's at least certainly looks serious and potentially season ending.

Edmonton still statistically has a shot at taking second so we can't just rest the starters yet. At the very least though I hope we let our borderline players rest against TO rather than risk further injuries.  As long as we win at least one more game we are secure in second and even if we don't Edmonton has to win out, which I think is unlikely.

Still, what a devastating win today. I hope I am just being overly pessimistic in this case.

That's about how a lot of us feel about the injuries... imho a loss isn't the lesser of two evils in this case.  It's not like we won *because* our guys got injured.

I'd also like to thank you for using devastated instead of decimated.  They're both over used in sports but at least the one makes sense in context.  Decimation is simply the division of something by ten and then removing one.  Well ok if four or five players off the 44 got hurt in a game then yeah I suppose ?

Sadly I think both Adams and Leggett are gone for the year and they may no longer have the horses to beat a team like Calgary.  Hopefully Flanders, Dressler and Wild are back within the next game or two so that they have time to get in game shape and work out the needed adjustments to the receivers and the secondary. 

OUCH......that one is going to hurt....The game itself was an ending we wanted....those injuries IF as serious as they looked just put a big hitch in our giddyup....I guess we'll find out how deep we are in this important stretch run....Not easy to replace Adams or Moe BUT we have to if our playoff run is going to be successful...Don't like what I'm seeing

1 minute ago, CodyT said:

Asked about Darvins shoulder . Said it wasn't separated and he'll be good to go 

That would be incredibly good news. Fingers and arms crossed, but seeing as the Bombers only need 1 victory to secure home field advantage, I would target the Lions for that win, and sit Adams for the Toronto game. 

That shoulder, in any case, is going to be sore and movement will be restricted. 

Rest is needed.

I’ll even give him a doctor’s note..

Just now, Mr Dee said:

That would be incredibly good news. Fingers and arms crossed, but seeing as the Bombers only need 1 victory to secure home field advantage, I would target the Lions for that win, and sit Adams for the Toronto game. 

That shoulder, in any case, is going to be sore and movement will be restricted. 

Rest is needed.

I’ll even give him a doctor’s note..

I imagine that's exactly what they will do but it's not season ending. That's basically what I was getting at. So rest easy all. Lol ?

At first I thought Mo got hurt when the BC player deliberately tried to injure him.  All he had to do was touch him. Thought BC played a rather dirty game yesterday. Hit on Darvin was nasty, and Nichols clearly was playing hurt for most of the second half. Thought it was his back actually..

12 minutes ago, ddanger said:

Just posted this myself. How about all the out of bounds tackles?? BC got away with a lot of bad crap yesterday

Typical of a Wally Buono coached team. He has always been one to work the officials and gets away with a lot.

8 minutes ago, ddanger said:

Just posted this myself. How about all the out of bounds tackles?? BC got away with a lot of bad crap yesterday

The way the refs have been calling those out of bound tackles throughout the year, I was more than a little surprised at the leniency shown on some Lion tackles. I mean, they were not just finished plays...they were out of bound tackles.

3 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

The way the refs have been calling those out of bound tackles throughout the year, I was more than a little surprised at the leniency shown on some Lion tackles. I mean, they were not just finished plays...they were out of bound tackles.

You're absolutely correct. I saw the coach giving it to the ref after one of those. That's a 15 yard penalty.

And.....when players can get away with crap like that, they will push farther to see where they can go. Just ask Mo Leggett....that was piling on, unnecessary roughness whatever.

1 hour ago, rebusrankin said:

As Andrew Harris said on CJOB post game, BC piled onto Leggett on that play and there should have been a flag.

I agree the piling on was crap, but I think the injury was because of how he came down after jumping for the ball. I don’t think there was contact when he hurt it. I could be wrong.