Pyrrhic victory?

Blue_Dragoon

2 hours ago, ddanger said:

At first I thought Mo got hurt when the BC player deliberately tried to injure him.  All he had to do was touch him. Thought BC played a rather dirty game yesterday. Hit on Darvin was nasty, and Nichols clearly was playing hurt for most of the second half. Thought it was his back actually..

We can't complain about the hit on Adams. It's the exact same hit everyone loses their minds about how awesome it is, if delivered by loffler

30 minutes ago, brett_c_b said:

We can't complain about the hit on Adams. It's the exact same hit everyone loses their minds about how awesome it is, if delivered by loffler

I don't complain about that hit at all. Obvious shoulder to shoulder. In fact, I thought it was a catch and fumble, and we were lucky that the call went our way.

As Dirty30 menitoned, I think Mo's injury was caused by the way he landed after catching the ball. On the replay, you can see him immediately go down after his ankle lands awkwardly. I don't think the injury was caused by the BC player, although it possibly could have been considered piling on. That type of "extra curricular" play is usually allowed, though, as the BC player might not have known if Leggett had secured the ball, and was trying to pry it loose in order to recover.

1 hour ago, brett_c_b said:

AND I hope Loffler continues that kind of hitting especially in  the  upcoming game  against the Leos........not to even-up that hit on Adams  but just to remind them our heavy hitter is still back there and waiting ...

The hit on Adams looked much worse from the stands than when I got home to watch via PVR.

It was more that Darvin was going full clip into the defender and was stopped very suddenly with a shoulder to shoulder. The defender was not running at him with a full head of steam.....But of course, a fluke injury can happen anytime (see Mo).

Also when he was leaving the field, he was not supporting his left arm. No way anyone with a fracture/dislocation is going to trot off without favouring or supporting the limb with the other arm, or at least holding it close to his body (depending on the type of injury).

Edited by Pete Catan's Ghost

28 minutes ago, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

The hit on Adams looked much worse from the stands than when I got home to watch via PVR.

It was more that Darvin was going full clip into the defender and was stopped very suddenly with a shoulder to shoulder. The defender was not running at him with a full head of steam.....But of course, a fluke injury can happen anytime (see Mo).

Also when he was leaving the field, he was not supporting his left arm. No way anyone with a fracture/dislocation is going to trot off without favouring or supporting the limb with the other arm, or at least holding it close to his body (depending on the type of injury).

Separated shoulders happen with hits and collisions  like that....that would have been season ending and thank the football gods it's just a bruise....Losing Moe was enough....losing Adams as well would have been very concerning...As it stands maybe we'll get Wild back (hoping) and Dressler will make his return...should ease things a bit