Official Moe Out for Season

Jpan85

1 hour ago, M.O.A.B. said:

Limit the changes as little as possible. 

Leave Randle, Heath, Loffler, Alexander where they are. Put Fogg in place of Walker and Porter at SAM. Porter played there earlier when Leggett was down. 

Doing a lot of changes will not help. 

SAM is arguably the most important position in the secondary. I like Porter fine but you are not putting him or the team in a position to succeed playing him at SAM. Best case scenario is Walker doesn't miss a game and Alexander goes to SAM, Fogg goes to corner which he played a bit at last year and Porter comes in as the extra DB. If Walker misses time, Alexander plays SAM, Porter takes his spot at corner and Fogg replaces Walker. 

Edited by AKAChip

Awful news and definitely makes me question whether we have a real shot at a Grey Cup now. Mo was the key to our defence. That said, we will have to move on and do our best. Remembering that this is the CFL, and that anything can happen, helps.

Why wouldn't Randle at SAM make sense? We wouldn't have to re-shuffle the secondary too much to make this change, and I feel like Randle would be the next best player at that position. I could see Alexander too.

20 minutes ago, aalgernon said:

Why wouldn't Randle at SAM make sense? We wouldn't have to re-shuffle the secondary too much to make this change, and I feel like Randle would be the next best player at that position. I could see Alexander too.

He would... but that's not the point... I would assume they don't want to make too many adjustments to the defensive personnel and why take one of the best corners in the league out of his position...

only complaint is his durability (if one could find a complaint) due to loss of games from injury but yes, I do realize they are flukey as hell injuries..  I don't believe he has an injury issue personally but could see it sway votes for MODP.

17 minutes ago, SPuDS said:

only complaint is his durability (if one could find a complaint) due to loss of games from injury but yes, I do realize they are flukey as hell injuries..  I don't believe he has an injury issue personally but could see it sway votes for MODP.

16, 17, and 17 games his first 3 years.  But yeah thats about it.  Mo is a hell of a warrior, I just hope his recovery goes well and he comes back next year at 100%. 

On 10/16/2017 at 3:30 PM, bearpants said:

He would... but that's not the point... I would assume they don't want to make too many adjustments to the defensive personnel and why take one of the best corners in the league out of his position...

Yeah especially this late in the year. We now have a hole to fill at sam. If we move him from corner to sam suddenly he has to adapt to sam (not all dbs can, though im sure he could) And have to fill his spot on the corner. Id only want to do a double swap if it put a better NI on the field instead of hurl. 

5 hours ago, wbbfan said:

16, 17, and 17 games his first 3 years.  But yeah thats about it.  Mo is a hell of a warrior, I just hope his recovery goes well and he comes back next year at 100%. 

with football players isn't it usually about 11 typically before they play again (if they play again) from an Achilles injury? If that's his timeline we might see him for Labor Day

Moe's my favourite player on the team. Both on field and off field reasons for that. I've argued that he's the best linebacker in the league, maybe even best defensive player. He doesn't just come up with big plays stats wise, he's just very good at everything. Makes important tackles, covers well and of course the flashy stats above, usually at key times. He's about as clutch as they come and an incredibly classy guy as well.

For those who haven't heard it, listen to his interview on CFL:60 from Sept. 19. He used to be homeless, now lives in Winnipeg year round and volunteers his time frequently.

2 hours ago, WildPath said:

Moe's my favourite player on the team. Both on field and off field reasons for that. I've argued that he's the best linebacker in the league, maybe even best defensive player. He doesn't just come up with big plays stats wise, he's just very good at everything. Makes important tackles, covers well and of course the flashy stats above, usually at key times. He's about as clutch as they come and an incredibly classy guy as well.

For those who haven't heard it, listen to his interview on CFL:60 from Sept. 19. He used to be homeless, now lives in Winnipeg year round and volunteers his time frequently.

A good addition to our community. Good people should always be welcome.

The year the women's world cup was in town and they did TC at the soccer field.... We were there for a couple days practice. I remember watching Mo interact with some really young kids. Explaining what exactly his position was (Safety at the time) and just generally being a good person. It showed me a lot about him as a person, not just a football player. He's good people... 

21 hours ago, brett_c_b said:

with football players isn't it usually about 11 typically before they play again (if they play again) from an Achilles injury? If that's his timeline we might see him for Labor Day

I reall dont know my self. So I looked it up for atleast a superficial idea. My self ive seen crazy variances in injury recovery. I ruptured 2 discs in my back pinched nerve whole shebang and was recovered in 4 monthes. While some one i knew required over a year for 1 disc in the same area (lumbar) despite a more mild injury. So recovery times imo have to be taken with a grain of salt, especially when it comes to pro athletes. If you are motivated and work hard in recovery it helps a lot. If you are also a freak athlete and work hard crazy stuff is possible. So I hope for the best for mo. Though this article starts off pretty scary. 

http://lermagazine.com/article/return-to-football-after-achilles-tendon-rupture

20 hours ago, WildPath said:

Yeah a story like his just makes you appreciate him all the more. His talent level is that of a duron carter. Both have tremendous athletic ability. But where duron carter is a serious negative above the shoulders, mos attitude and heart are his greatest strength. When he does retire (hopefully many years and rings from now) I hope he moves into coaching.  He is the type of guy the world needs molding young athletes into adults.