Bombers @ Argos: Dressler Return? + Lapo Must Call Deep Balls To Non-Lankfords Edition

USABomberfan

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

Should make some people happy that it appears Lankford is out of the offense and back to KR only...

I'd wait on those two game-time scratches before popping any corks

but

Lankford has exclusively played wideout from what I remember, so if Givens is practising at slot then he's very likely playing

unless

Washington doesn't nail down the WR spot, and they decide to move him into the slot (I thought he's played both) and keep Lankford outside

and

Just to make it an extra-spicy meatball, from what I recall, Givens did kick returns in the NFL.

6 minutes ago, shadybob said:

For all the **** that's said about Lankford, I think I would rather have him line up as a WR over Washington. Sometimes you gotta choose between a ****** and a turd sandwich though I guess. 

Washington made a few decent catches against the Lions, that’s more than I can say for Lankford who provides literally nothing.

Just now, Blueandgold said:

What are the chances we can coax Ryan Smith to come play these last few games for us? That’s how desperate we are.

Considering Dressler is back and Givens will get a look this week, not really. It makes absolutely no sense to try and "coax" a guy out of retirement who probably hasn't done anything football-related in months.

2 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Washington last game contributed more on O than Lankford has in like the last oh i dunno... However many games since his first play TD. 

still hasn't looked good but I agree, looked more capable on offense then Lankford has.

3 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Considering Dressler is back and Givens will get a look this week, not really. It makes absolutely no sense to try and "coax" a guy out of retirement who probably hasn't done anything football-related in months.

I was being facetious, but with Denmark’s disappearing act, Lankfords inability, and Washington being meh we still have a need. 

I hope Givens looks good, but it’s his first CFL game.

@DarrinBauming 
 Super fluid situation as we watch the reps amongst linebackers at #Bombers practice. Knox, Santos-Knox, Wild, Hurl all involved at mack&will. The #Bombers D found success vs BC by bringing multiple looks and different personnel packages to throw off their opponent.

@DarrinBauming  
 Kevin Fogg is getting the lion's share of work at Moe Leggett's vacated dimeback spot today. #Bombers

@DarrinBauming 
 Mike O'Shea says they would like to get Ian Wild into the lineup this week. Sounds like it is a likelihood. #Bombers visit #Argos Saturday.

Edited by Noeller

1 minute ago, BomberBall said:

Only if there's a clearly blocked path for him.  Both of them have speed, but neither seems to have much shiftiness.

I think O'Shea beat the shiftiness out of Lankford and convinced him to run straight ahead, I recall early season games when he returned kickoffs like "a car without a steering wheel" to quote D.O.D.

1 hour ago, mbrg said:

I'd wait on those two game-time scratches before popping any corks

but

Lankford has exclusively played wideout from what I remember, so if Givens is practising at slot then he's very likely playing

unless

Washington doesn't nail down the WR spot, and they decide to move him into the slot (I thought he's played both) and keep Lankford outside

and

Just to make it an extra-spicy meatball, from what I recall, Givens did kick returns in the NFL.

You're writing very dramatically today.  

shatner5.gif?w=650

As great a player as Moe Leggett is (probably my favourite Bomber), we've got pretty good depth behind him. Fogg has already shown that he can step up and make some plays on defense.

The concern is of course our offense. A QB with a busted up hand (I saw a difference), and virtually no receiving depth. We need one of our new receivers to step up big time.