Bombers @ Argos: Dressler Return? + Lapo Must Call Deep Balls To Non-Lankfords Edition

USABomberfan

35 minutes ago, Noeller said:

@DarrinBauming 
 Super fluid situation as we watch the reps amongst linebackers at #Bombers practice. Knox, Santos-Knox, Wild, Hurl all involved at mack&will. The #Bombers D found success vs BC by bringing multiple looks and different personnel packages to throw off their opponent.

And just to remove any suspense, Hurl will be listed as the starter on Saturday.

For those who have a negative emotional response to this, you now have extra time to prepare for those emotions.

For those who recognize this is largely an on-paper maneuver to allow maximum player substitution flexibility, keep on keepin' on.

18 minutes ago, BBlink said:

As great a player as Moe Leggett is (probably my favourite Bomber), we've got pretty good depth behind him. Fogg has already shown that he can step up and make some plays on defense.

The concern is of course our offense. A QB with a busted up hand (I saw a difference), and virtually no receiving depth. We need one of our new receivers to step up big time. 

Is Walker back practicing?  If not who plays HB?

10 minutes ago, blueingreenland said:

Really looking forward to seeing Givens this weekend (assuming he gets into the lineup). Can't expect too much from him in his 1st game, but from his highlights the guy looks good.

Well, I should ******* hope so....pretty shitty highlight reel otherwise..........

6 hours ago, mbrg said:

And just to remove any suspense, Hurl will be listed as the starter on Saturday.

For those who have a negative emotional response to this, you now have extra time to prepare for those emotions.

For those who recognize this is largely an on-paper maneuver to allow maximum player substitution flexibility, keep on keepin' on.

This requires Baileys - at least. 

For those of you talking about how we should not have released Thorpe, I present the curious case of Nic Grigsby. A player of similar talent that asked for his release. The Bombers obliged, and Grigsby bounced around the league a bit, before finally being released in 2016 by the Redblacks. Asking to be released is the regular job equivalent of handing in your two weeks notice, then having your boss say you can't quit, but you still have to show up to get paid.

The bottom line is football is a team sport, if you hang on to players that don't want to be there, they won't put in the work, and they'll just cause dissent among the ranks. No doubt Thorpe was talented, but if he doesn't want to be part of the team or system - get rid of him.

Bob Irving - Rookie DB Brian walker has shaken off accidental hit from Loffler and is ready to go Sat. In Toronto

?‍?You do not have to worry any longer regarding the story behind the release of TJ Thorpe. The Bombers are rumoured to have put out a video to explain the move. Watch for The Story of TJ Thorpe - The Uncut Version coming out soon..

?‍?What’s with Steve Morley and his love of Jones and Carter and green things?

Wpg. Sun - With six more catches, Harris would become the fifth Blue Bomber to record 100 receptions in a season.

Stegall is one of them (106 in 2002).

Eugene Goodlow (100 in 1981) was the first CFLer to do it. Other Bombers in the century club are James Murphy (116, '86) and Gerald Wilcox (111, '94).

?‍?Gladys Knight must be missing two pips, and they’re on Twitter. Bo Levi Mitchell and Duron Carter. Yappers...

?‍?But in Carter’s defence...

Ahh...I got nothing

Mike O’Shea -"He’s fast, he’s strong, he’s an intuitive football player. I don’t know that there’s much Ian (Wild) can’t do.”    ? | ow.ly/dHNF30fYzGs

Ian Wild - "I'm definitely itching to play."

?‍?Like I said..just get him in the lineup..

?‍?I see penalty trouble for Duron Carter on D on Friday 

45 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

Bob Irving - Rookie DB Brian walker has shaken off accidental hit from Loffler and is ready to go Sat. In Toronto

?‍?You do not have to worry any longer regarding the story behind the release of TJ Thorpe. The Bombers are rumoured to have put out a video to explain the move. Watch for The Story of TJ Thorpe - The Uncut Version coming out soon..

?‍?What’s with Steve Morley and his love of Jones and Carter and green things?

Wpg. Sun - With six more catches, Harris would become the fifth Blue Bomber to record 100 receptions in a season.

Stegall is one of them (106 in 2002).

Eugene Goodlow (100 in 1981) was the first CFLer to do it. Other Bombers in the century club are James Murphy (116, '86) and Gerald Wilcox (111, '94).

?‍?Gladys Knight must be missing two pips, and they’re on Twitter. Bo Levi Mitchell and Duron Carter. Yappers...

?‍?But in Carter’s defence...

Ahh...I got nothing

Mike O’Shea -"He’s fast, he’s strong, he’s an intuitive football player. I don’t know that there’s much Ian (Wild) can’t do.”    ? | ow.ly/dHNF30fYzGs

Ian Wild - "I'm definitely itching to play."

?‍?Like I said..just get him in the lineup..

?‍?I see penalty trouble for Duron Carter on D on Friday 

proud to say I was a bright bushy-tailed young Bomber fan in 1981 who got to witness Goodlow get his 100th catch live at Winnipeg Stadium.

13 hours ago, Eternal optimist said:

For those of you talking about how we should not have released Thorpe, I present the curious case of Nic Grigsby. A player of similar talent that asked for his release. The Bombers obliged, and Grigsby bounced around the league a bit, before finally being released in 2016 by the Redblacks. Asking to be released is the regular job equivalent of handing in your two weeks notice, then having your boss say you can't quit, but you still have to show up to get paid.

The bottom line is football is a team sport, if you hang on to players that don't want to be there, they won't put in the work, and they'll just cause dissent among the ranks. No doubt Thorpe was talented, but if he doesn't want to be part of the team or system - get rid of him.

I think most of us agree with this, but the assumption is that Thorpe asked to be released because he didn't like the practice roster demotion, and perhaps didn't like the favoritism Lankford was getting.  Us fans don't like that either because of how bad a receiver Lankford is.

Nowwww ... that's no excuse for Thorpe quitting.  People have to know in this league, esp with ratio management that demotions are gonna happen.  Thorpe needed to be patient because I'm certain his time was coming to shine on the field once again.  It's just upsetting to us though cuz Lankford is utter crap out there.

1 hour ago, bluto said:

Wilder is practising. Looks like a weekend return for him.

Was it J5V who was going to meet me for a beer?

Yup. Wife and I got tickets behind the Bomber bench. 122/4/8-9. Win or lose I'll definitely buy you a wobbly-pop!