Bombers @ Argos: Dressler Return? + Lapo Must Call Deep Balls To Non-Lankfords Edition

USABomberfan

1 hour ago, BomberBall said:

Too bad today's practice is a closed session.  Would love some updates on who's practicing where and how the reps are being distributed.

That's probably the point.  They want to run through options with nobody reporting who lined up where on both sides of the ball.  Also gives Toronto nothing to work with.

@BobIrvingCJOB
Mike oshea says Darvin Adams won't be available for a number of weeks and he is not counting on him for the playoffs.

....But.....

@DarrinBauming
Weston Dressler says he is ready to go and will play Saturday against the #Argos. #Bombers

Edited by Noeller

12 minutes ago, Noeller said:

@BobIrvingCJOB
Mike oshea says Darvin Adams won't be available for a number of weeks and he is not counting on him for the playoffs.

....But.....

@DarrinBauming
Weston Dressler says he is ready to go and will play Saturday against the #Argos. #Bombers

Darvin Adams is a must if we play in Calgary for the West Final. High end talent has been a problem for us at receiver, we can’t afford to be without our best and most consistent performer.

9 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I never in a million years thought I'd see Weston Dressler as "just okay" consolation prize for Darvin Adams...

Ya me either but wow has Adams stepped it up this season.. that and Dressler hasn't been himself this year it seems..

5 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Dressler was outstanding before he got hurt the first time. When he came back, he wasn't the same. Here's hoping he's back to 100%. When he's fully healthy, he's as good as anyone...

oh I agree, hes an elite receiver in this league imo.  I'm hopeful hes back at 100% as well, because we gotta need him at his highest level.

Brandon Zylstra is a remarkable receiver for the Edmonton Eskimos. He’s extremely dangerous and Mike Reilly knows when to look for him. He’s a difference maker in any one game he plays. 

Why do I bring up Zylstra? Because, Weston Dressler can be our Zylstra. He’s that good. All’s we have to do is use him. Not only will that free up our passing game, but Harris would feel the positive effects also. A win-win, in my books..

9 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

Brandon Zylstra is a remarkable receiver for the Edmonton Eskimos. He’s extremely dangerous and Mike Reilly knows when to look for him. He’s a difference maker in any one game he plays. 

Why do I bring up Zylstra? Because, Weston Dressler can be our Zylstra. He’s that good. All’s we have to do is use him. Not only will that free up our passing game, but Harris would feel the positive effects also. A win-win, in my books..

I hope Weston has that positive impact.  However I am going to harp on this:  Drew Wolitarsky can be our version of Zylstra.  It was about this time last year that Zylstra was activated for the first time by the Esks.  He had a great end of season run and has become a top notch WR this year.  Hopefully we can at least try him out the remainder of this year (split reps with JFG and Coates) to see if can help us get to the GC.

38 minutes ago, tracker said:

Dressler was good, no question, but he's not 22 years old any more and sustained a number of serious injuries, so all we can do is hope. Thankfully, the next game against the Boatmen will give him the equivalent of full-contact practice.

Guys like Dressler, Adams, etc. are too small/frail for my liking. I prefer the bigger, meatier receivers like Arceneaux and Ellingson. More durable. Dressler and Adams always seem to be one hit away from being hurt, again. It's great that Dressler is back but how long is he going to last?

5 minutes ago, J5V said:

Guys like Dressler, Adams, etc. are too small/frail for my liking. I prefer the bigger, meatier receivers like Arceneaux and Ellingson. More durable. Dressler and Adams always seem to be one hit away from being hurt, again. It's great that Dressler is back but how long is he going to last?

Adams has taken a beating this year and it took one of the most vicious hits I've seen... ever.. to knock him out of the game.  I don't think Adam's is too slight or small..  I think he plays a big game and like most receivers who bang thru the middle, they are going to get hurt sometimes.

not every receiver can be built like Nik Lewis.

1 minute ago, SPuDS said:

Adams has taken a beating this year and it took one of the most vicious hits I've seen... ever.. to knock him out of the game.  I don't think Adam's is too slight or small..  I think he plays a big game and like most receivers who bang thru the middle, they are going to get hurt sometimes.

not every receiver can be built like Nik Lewis.

Plus I'm sure I've seen Ellingson on that list take some big shots.  I'd sorta like a guy with some height and vertical though that could go up and spot a few deep ones.  That's an element we're lacking a little of right now.

ROSTER                          17-Oct-17

WPG ADD FROM INJURED INT Weston DRESSLER (WR)    North Dakota – Removed from 6-game injured list

WPG ADD FROM INJURED INT Ian WILD (LB)    Mercyhurst College – Removed from 6-game injured list

WPG TRF TO INJURED INT Darvin ADAMS (WR)    Auburn – to Oct-27

WPG TRF TO INJURED INT Maurice LEGGETT (DB)    Valdosta State – to Oct-27

https://www.cfl.ca/transactions/