Around the League - Regular Season Discussion (Redux)

BigBlue

1 hour ago, rebusrankin said:

So Demski has really dropped off since the first two weeks, anybody else wondering if this is making him unhappy in Saskatchewan. Would be a nice add in February. Also what is the deal with Lafrance?

I would love to snag one of Demski or Coombs in the off season. That would be a huge move for the Bombers.

10 hours ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

I would love to snag one of Demski or Coombs in the off season. That would be a huge move for the Bombers.

Coombs signed a two-year deal in the offseason. Unless he's released or traded, he's not coming here. 

Austin steps down as HC, will retain VP title; Jones takes over as HC: http://www.tsn.ca/jones-appointed-as-new-head-coach-of-ticats-austin-remains-vp-1.838227

Hamilton Tiger-Cats vice president of football operations Kent Austin appointed June Jones as the team's new head coach on Thursday. 

Jones joined the winless Ticats on August 2 as an assistant coach. 

Austin has coached the Tiger-Cats for the past four seasons, winning two East Divisional titles and making two Grey Cups.

“June and I have established a great relationship, and I feel comfortable and very confident with him handling the on-field product moving forward,” said Austin in a press release. “This organization, its’ fans and partners deserve a championship calibre team and we fully expect to work together to return us to that level.”

Jones is the former head coach of Southern Methodist University and University of Hawaii. Jones was named Conference USA Coach of the Year in 2009 during his tenure at SMU. 

He also had a stint in the NFL, coaching the Atlanta Falcons from 1994 to 1996.

This isn't the 64-year-old's first stint in the CFL. He was co-offensive coordinator for the Ottawa Rough Riders in 1986. 

Before agreeing to the assistant coaching job, Jones was in an athletic administrative job with the St. Louis School. 

The Tiger-Cats are 0-8 on the season, having scored only 148 points and allowing a league-leading 310. Hamilton is off this week, but will play the Toronto Argonauts on Sept. 4 in the Labour Day Classic.

Damn.