Around the League - Regular Season Discussion (Redux)

BigBlue

1 hour ago, Bomberfan85 said:

I can't figure out why they feature Nye's picks every week as well as all of the writers' picks, which include his. Spoiler alert! He picked Saskatchewan. Just like every week. 

once in a while he's right I guess.

In general, the CFL writer's attitude/record is laughable as far as the Bombers is concerned.

Probably for the best, since some of the Bomber players use it to their advantage. I think Nichols and Harris are two that enjoy proving these people wrong.

On 27/08/2017 at 6:34 PM, Noeller said:

Wasn't sure where to post this  but any further word on the Bisons OL in Green Bay? He apparently looked really good in one pre season game but was 3rd on the depth chart last I saw. Anyone read anything more? 

Another not so good update.  Gray had the worst grading of any player in the 3rd preseason game.  Green Bay is playing their last game tonight so this could be make or break for him.

Edited by bigg jay

16 minutes ago, Noeller said:

So let's say the guy doesn't show well again, gets cut, and is available to us. Is it a worry that he didn't show well? Should we be concerned about his future even at this level? 

No, as the NFL is a different game. Gray is used to having a DL one yard off & it isn't like that in the NFL. The terminology is different & guaranteed he has never played against DL as the ones he's up against now. 

On 28/08/2017 at 4:19 PM, blue_gold_84 said:

Typical opportunistic Damien Cox... He's the SN version of Rod Black, minus the hair.

C'mon now. He is NOT as bad as Rod Black. No one is. But I get your point.

I see Gray getting cut..and not certain about PR spot either...he got pushed around a lot tonight..and back into the pocket frequently.. .also took a dumb penalty.  So not sure if they are going to invest in a couple years in him just to cut him in the end.

Mulumba too hasn't done much..4th on depth chart..2 tackles all preseason and not much that has stood out. Definitely won't be rostered with his minimum salary way more than a just as good or slightly better younger guy.

If he wants to play this year then I think this may be the late season addition finally. 

A plus is he plays on punt return and punt coverage teams as well as I think kickoffs so he could step right into special team duties and rotate in on defence..allowing us to use a di on Thorpe or Flanders and not have to sit one of them

3 hours ago, Booch said:

I see Gray getting cut..and not certain about PR spot either...he got pushed around a lot tonight..and back into the pocket frequently.. .also took a dumb penalty.  So not sure if they are going to invest in a couple years in him just to cut him in the end.

Mulumba too hasn't done much..4th on depth chart..2 tackles all preseason and not much that has stood out. Definitely won't be rostered with his minimum salary way more than a just as good or slightly better younger guy.

If he wants to play this year then I think this may be the late season addition finally. 

A plus is he plays on punt return and punt coverage teams as well as I think kickoffs so he could step right into special team duties and rotate in on defence..allowing us to use a di on Thorpe or Flanders and not have to sit one of them

I doubt they'd add a DI on offence in pretty much any circumstance.  That's a guy who's going to stand on the sidelines a lot.  Keep in mind Medlock is an import who occupies a DI, so you basically have 2 on offence, 2 on D.  Don't see that changing unless there is some fairly extreme injury circumstance.

1 hour ago, M.O.A.B. said:

Bo Lokombo is a long shot to make the Raven's 53-man roster. If he gets cut, I hope Walters bring him here. He will be our MLB. 

I could get on board with that, but you have to expect that several teams, such as the Lions, would also be making a hard push.

1 hour ago, Atomic said:

I could get on board with that, but you have to expect that several teams, such as the Lions, would also be making a hard push.

They've got Elimimian. We've got Hurl. Fair is fair. ^_^

11 hours ago, Noeller said:

So let's say the guy doesn't show well again, gets cut, and is available to us. Is it a worry that he didn't show well? Should we be concerned about his future even at this level? 

no, I don't believe so.  The standards for O-line in the NFL are pretty freakin' high.   I wouldn't be too worried if he didn't make the cut after some pre-season games and training camp..

if he didn't make it outta camp... maaaaybe Id have some worries.

8 hours ago, Booch said:

oh how I would like to see this finally happen.