Around the League - Regular Season Discussion (Redux)

BigBlue

21 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

I would love to have Bo at MLB. Mulumba would be nice too.

I'm with Mike on not liking Okaplaugo over Poop.

cant agree more.  with the rise of jeffcoat, I almost wonder if we should be dangling Oka as trade bait.

8 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Pretty sure I saw Jeffcoat getting some reps inside last game but I could be wrong.

we run a set where we have 4 DEs on the field at the same time.. was this maybe what you were seeing or was he actually in a tackle stance?

6 minutes ago, Tehedra said:

Blue Bomber Talk @BlueBomberTalk

Andy Mulumba, the 2nd overall pick of the 2013 #CFL draft, has been released by the L.A. #Rams. #Bombers #CFL #NFL

That HAS to be the end of the road for Mulumba in the NFL, no? He's too expensive to make a team now. I wonder if he's interested in coming to the CFL?

My question is; are there other players we have now that could also be coming back from the NFL that would be better suited?  I know everyone has seemed to want Mulumba for a long time and he is supposed to help us in our MLB spot I'm assuming but there's been others expressing interest in some other players down south now as well that might be coming back home.

I mean 2013 was not that long ago so Mulumba must still be fairly young which would indicate that if he wants to still play football that it might work out well for us to have him here.  

The question is; would he be a starter here above the other players?  He's been playing at the NFL level so I would assume he could be but then we have seen many others who played in the NFL that are not starting Canadian material in the CFL.

From Wikipedia he also hasn't played in many games since 2013 and I wonder if that could be due to his ACL injury causing him to have possibly lost a step?

Edited by Tehedra

53 minutes ago, Tehedra said:

From Wikipedia he also hasn't played in many games since 2013 and I wonder if that could be due to his ACL injury causing him to have possibly lost a step?

In the Rams' third preseason game, he had two tackles, a sack, a tackle for a loss, and recovered a fumble. I'd be willing to give him a chance to prove himself in the CFL.

2 minutes ago, nate007 said:

In the Rams' third preseason game, he had two tackles, a sack, a tackle for a loss, and recovered a fumble. I'd be willing to give him a chance to prove himself in the CFL.

I'm a Rams fan myself and have been following him closely.  From what I've read, he has no more PR eligibility so that doesn't make him an attractive option on the FA market and this is likely his last stand in the NFL.

6 hours ago, Tehedra said:

My question is; are there other players we have now that could also be coming back from the NFL that would be better suited?  I know everyone has seemed to want Mulumba for a long time and he is supposed to help us in our MLB spot I'm assuming but there's been others expressing interest in some other players down south now as well that might be coming back home.

I mean 2013 was not that long ago so Mulumba must still be fairly young which would indicate that if he wants to still play football that it might work out well for us to have him here.  

The question is; would he be a starter here above the other players?  He's been playing at the NFL level so I would assume he could be but then we have seen many others who played in the NFL that are not starting Canadian material in the CFL.

Mulumba has nothing to do with the MLB spot, he's a rush end.