Around the League - Regular Season Discussion (Redux)

BigBlue

2 hours ago, M.O.A.B. said:

Its his own discretion, what youre problem with that?

For example, will you disclose to your co-employees or classmates that you have boil in your butt? ?

Not only did I disclose it, I dropped my pants since I was going commando and invited everybody to have a good look and take pictures.

20 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Bring a guy who couldn't crack the two worst teams in the league?  No thanks...

Yup just like Nichols who cant win the Esks starting QB and beat out by Franklin for the #2. How did it play out for us? 

Sometimes players doesnt fit the system their in reason why they get cut.

No harm to bring the guy in.

Edited by M.O.A.B.

Just now, M.O.A.B. said:

Yup just like Nichols who cant win the Esks starting QB and beat out by Franklin for the #2. How did it play out for us?

Because this is the norm and not the exception, right? 

lol. 

more often then not, failures on one squad, end up being failures elsewhere.   Collins couldn't crack a Ti-Cat roster that is pretty weak.. I'm not sure i'd want to bring him in, nor would I want to have him jump washington or even Givens.

20 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Collins was already here and got cut.  I see no reason to beat a dead horse and bring him back just to get cut again.

was he here or was he a mini camp cut who usually only get a very small window to show anything?  He seemed pretty decent when he played for the riders but the key word in that was when. Seemed to be a bit injury riddled and then buried on the depth chart. I just don't see walters/oshea going after him, it's too bad we no longer have thorpe

2 hours ago, M.O.A.B. said:

Sometimes players doesnt fit the system their in reason why they get cut.

No harm to bring the guy in.

Comparing a QB and a receiver is apples and oranges.    

Ricky Collins couldn't crack the Ti-Cats who have crap for receivers...  Why bother wasting time on the guy.    I'd much rather they bring in guys like Givens who may be able to be elite talent in the league.

2 hours ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

was he here or was he a mini camp cut who usually only get a very small window to show anything?  He seemed pretty decent when he played for the riders but the key word in that was when. Seemed to be a bit injury riddled and then buried on the depth chart. I just don't see walters/oshea going after him, it's too bad we no longer have thorpe

Yeah he never made it to main camp, that's true.  He was signed mid-winter and cut shortly before camp.

It's actually funny that Justin Dunk reported back in August that the two sides were working on a contract. Reading all the Rider fans' tweets  to Dunk at that time was pretty funny. They were pretty much saying that Dunk was full of poop, and it wasn't going to happen,  and saying he wasn't credible...

Looks like Dunk was right again...

so he signed for 75-80k for this and next...Foster and Knox signings must have had a bigger price tag than a rookie...gave 20k to Holley today as a bonus towards this years cap..have a few higher priced guys even tho Glenn makes chump change as a base...but is prob hitting a lot of his bonus...they must be tight on cap space...if not over...most teams generally try to keep 300-400 as a safety net once season started and rosters finalized for injuries...NFL cuts..etc...you would think they have used that up...christ they sign new guys daily...tho i guess when u dump a pile on 6 game it helps you a bit

Edited by Booch