Around the League - Regular Season Discussion (Redux)

BigBlue

34 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

He was signed to the PR, so that has yet to be determined.  They have quite a good group of LB there so them signing Bass is a mystery.

Not such a mystery. They're a veteran group and each have taken their knocks and missed series/quarters/games.

On 10/2/2017 at 4:21 PM, Noeller said:

Anyone remember who started that whole Randle Island thing? I want to say it was @Mike but I can't remember for sure...

I was thinking that too.. couldn't remember for the life of me.  Thought it was you or mike tho yup.

12 minutes ago, Dirty30 said:

What are the chances? What position? I actually could see the club making one or even two trades. This is the year to make a run. Why hold back?  The Bombers are arguably one of the two best teams right now. Load up and go for the jugular 

I don't think anyone... other than rider fans... is actually arguing this... :D

yeah...that's the only fanbase to  not actually realize the facts that Winnipeg is a top level team.

they are still on the delusion that our record last year and this is mainly due to lucky breaks, ref's incompetence and unsustainable turnover's which is the reason for our wins. That and the fact we have an inferior ham and egger QB who isn't good enough to win games...funny part of that is it almost exactly explains their team to a T

1 minute ago, Noeller said:

I don't think we'll do anything for the same reason we didn't push hard for any of the NFL cuts. We're a dance with the on who brung ya team. They like the guys they have and want to roll with that. 

"If it isn't broken, don't fix it."

Minor tweaking here and there as needed but that's about it. If last week's win is Edmonton is any indication, this team continues to trend upward.

Just now, Blueandgold said:

The only thing that is really interesting is if a guy like Collaros gets moved. 

With that being said, a guy like Capicotti would really help out our ratio.

except he kinda sucks now.   So I mean, sure. he could spell Thomas but really.. he hasn't looked very good in any of his recent landings.

46 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I don't think we'll do anything for the same reason we didn't push hard for any of the NFL cuts. We're a dance with the on who brung ya team. They like the guys they have and want to roll with that. 

It’s pretty abnormal for a good team to add guys to the 44/46 this late in the season unless they had the guy before and they are coming back from the NFL.

Usually it’s the teams in crisis making trades, Hamilton, Edmonton etc.

I wouldn’t mind a move on a receiver or DL though, particularly non-imports.