Around the League - Regular Season Discussion (Redux)

BigBlue

3 minutes ago, bluto said:

I'm stuck on a pick for the BC at Ottawa game.

Both need the win. I rate BC higher but not so much as to negate a home field advantage.

Thoughts? Who and why?

Ottawa in a squeaker. Jennings is too inconsistent...he'll toss up some meatballs. Take Ottawa at home by a FG...

After this weekend I see all those bottom 3 in the west being 7-7

Wally will have BC turned around and Edmonton has too much offence to keep losing....Sask bubble burst and aren't as good as their record indicates

After that, it wouldn't be shocking to see BC go 2-2 over their last 4...Edmonton going 2-2 and Actually SASK only going 1-3 their lone win against sad sack Montreal. I see Ottawa going in to Mosaic and winning next week with Harris back,  as well as losing to both Edm and CG Y as both those teams will have a lot to fight for still during their games and certainly Edm wants a bit of a payback game.

And another losing record (8-10) on them would sure look nice as a bonus

1 minute ago, Booch said:

After this weekend I see all those bottom 3 in the west being 7-7

Wally will have BC turned around and Edmonton has too much offence to keep losing....Sask bubble burst and aren't as good as their record indicates

Just to clarify Edm is currently 7-6... so a win (as you've predicted) would put them at 8-6...

7 minutes ago, SPuDS said:

I thought it was the West side Sucks.  they were always the quiet ones in the old stadium.

BC sucks chant is almost as old as that if not older lol.

It was. I am not thinking right today. I just typed that and thought wait a minute. I remember the sun going down and chanting. Far too much anti freeze for those games. 

Just now, Fan Boy said:

It was. I am not thinking right today. I just typed that and thought wait a minute. I remember the sun going down and chanting. Far too much anti freeze for those games. 

hah its all good. its Friday, my brain is already at home waiting for game time. my body is just going thru the motions.

7 minutes ago, Fan Boy said:

I loved it when we were playing Toronto and suddenly BC sucks starts and  Everyone joins in.  So weird. If it was Riders Suck I could understand but BC?

yea I never truly understood the BC hate other then them being in our division.. maybe its the westcoasters versus prairie folk?   either way, hilarious when those chants used to sproadically break out yup,.

2 hours ago, bluto said:

Both need the win. I rate BC higher but not so much as to negate a home field advantage.

Thoughts? Who and why?

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

Ottawa in a squeaker. Jennings is too inconsistent...he'll toss up some meatballs. Take Ottawa at home by a FG...

BC is the home team in this one, just to make it tougher. Always felt the Lions were better than their record shows, but at some point you are what your record says you are, and they are 1-5 in their last 6.  That loss to Hamilton really has me scratching my head about them. But teams coming out of the bye are 9-4 this year, so say BC in a close one.

2 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

BC is the home team in this one, just to make it tougher. Always felt the Lions were better than their record shows, but at some point you are what your record says you are, and they are 1-5 in their last 6.  That loss to Hamilton really has me scratching my head about them. But teams coming out of the bye are 9-4 this year, so say BC in a close one.

8-5, actually. ;) (https://www.cfl.ca/2017/10/05/cfl-ca-game-notes-look-week-16-2/)

That said, I'm picking the Lions in a tight one.

2 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

8-5, actually. ;) (https://www.cfl.ca/2017/10/05/cfl-ca-game-notes-look-week-16-2/)

That said, I'm picking the Lions in a tight one.

Winnipeg, Bye week 1, W @ Sask 43-40

Hamilton, bye week 2, L @ Sask  20-37

Edmonton, bye week 3, W vs Ott 23-21

Saskatchewan, bye week 4, L @ Cal 10-27

Ottawa, bye week 6, L vs Wpg 30-33

Montreal, bye week 7, W vs Tor 21-9

Calgary, bye week 8, W @ BC 21-17

Saskatchewan, bye week 9, W @ Edm 54-31

Hamilton, bye week 10, W vs Tor 24-22

BC, bye week 11, W vs Mtl 41-18

Toronto, bye week 12, W vs Edm 34-26

Winnipeg, bye week 13, W vs Ott 29-9

Edmonton, bye week 14, L vs Wpg 19-28

9-4 by my math and the CFL schedule maker..

11 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Winnipeg, Bye week 1, W @ Sask 43-40

Hamilton, bye week 2, L @ Sask  20-37

Edmonton, bye week 3, W vs Ott 23-21

Saskatchewan, bye week 4, L @ Cal 10-27

Ottawa, bye week 6, L vs Wpg 30-33

Montreal, bye week 7, W vs Tor 21-9

Calgary, bye week 8, W @ BC 21-17

Saskatchewan, bye week 9, W @ Edm 54-31

Hamilton, bye week 10, W vs Tor 24-22

BC, bye week 11, W vs Mtl 41-18

Toronto, bye week 12, W vs Edm 34-26

Winnipeg, bye week 13, W vs Ott 29-9

Edmonton, bye week 14, L vs Wpg 19-28

9-4 by my math and the CFL schedule maker..

Well, colour me incorrect. And unimpressed by the CFL.ca Staff's basic math skills.

2 hours ago, bluto said:

Thoughts? Who and why?

Harris is better than Jennings, and the RBs have a much better balanced team overall. The Lions have lost so many games lately that it has to be messing with their heads.

3 hours ago, SPuDS said:

I thought it was the West side Sucks.  they were always the quiet ones in the old stadium.

BC sucks chant is almost as old as that if not older lol.

My mom and her pops got seasons in '84 and were going for years before that.  BC SUCKS has been around since at least that era.  Mom's got great memories of the usually reserved Pops going ballistic at Bomber games. Hahaha at least I know where I get it from.