Around the League - Regular Season Discussion (Redux)

BigBlue

2 hours ago, Booch said:

A good and occasionally funny article- well worth the read. And yes, Carter's talent is contaminated by his stupidity.

18 minutes ago, Blueandgold said:

He’s better than Kyle Knox, but if Wild is back soon I don’t see a need.

I though Burnett played great in relief last year. Just made plays. I remember him coming in for an injured wild against saskabush and immediately had an awesome knockdown and then a nice stop.

He's only a 1990 guy, so still plenty young. He had a high ceiling, imo 

Edited by Judd

1 minute ago, Judd said:

I though Burnett played great in relief last year. Just made plays. I remember him coming in for an injured wild and immediately had an awesome knockdown and then a nice stop.

He's only a 1990 guy, so still plenty young. He had a high ceiling, imo 

also a fantastic teams guy. Plus who knows how wild will look when he comes back he has missed a TON of football. 

19 hours ago, Brandon Blue&Gold said:

This seems like a giant troll job by some Rider players.   I don't doubt something happened in practice but that description from Madani defies belief (Staffers setting up fights?  uh huh. <_<).  Maybe Carter takes a seat for Friday's game or maybe not.  But this reeks of more of the attention grabbing the Riders have been doing all season.  Go back to working on your 1st Down err I mean TD celebrations fellas.  The Hadoken/Street Fighter thing is played out.  Maybe try some Mortal Kombat stuff.  :P

So Naylor confirmed that a coach setup the fight so my apologies to Madani.  What the hell is their deal in Regina?  I guess anything's possible with a Jones led team but this?  Any other team and that coach is looking for a job now.  Ridiculous.  But Carter is still an attention ***** with that tweet from last night insinuating he was done and out when at worst he'll probably just sit a game.  With his talent he should be in the NFL.  Too bad about his 10 cent brain.

2 minutes ago, Brandon Blue&Gold said:

So Naylor confirmed that a coach setup the fight so my apologies to Madani.  What the hell is their deal in Regina?  I guess anything's possible with a Jones led team but this?  Any other team and that coach is looking for a job now.  Ridiculous.  But Carter is still an attention ***** with that tweet from last night insinuating he was done and out when at worst he'll probably just sit a game.  With his talent he should be in the NFL.  Too bad about his 10 cent brain.

To be fair, I think Naylor said the coach allowed the fight to proceed .. he didn’t set it up .. that said .. what a gong show.

3 minutes ago, voodoochylde said:

To be fair, I think Naylor said the coach allowed the fight to proceed .. he didn’t set it up .. that said .. what a gong show.

Naylor used the words "encouraging Carter and Williams to fight".   You're right it's not "set it up" but it is worse than "allowed".  Just a bad look in general. 

10 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

"Saints promote Daniel Lasco; cut Adam Bighill, Bryce Harris"

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2017/10/saints_promote_daniel_lasco_cu.html

Not sure this means much as the Saints have shuffled Bighill between the PR and the roster a few times this season.

If he was released & cleared waivers it would be too late for Bighill to help the Lions this season.