Around the League - Regular Season Discussion (Redux)

BigBlue

8 minutes ago, Noeller said:

apparently this is a thing:

@TShireGlobal

Duron Carter will play both defensive back & receiver on Friday. He will play a lot of football but won't see every snap. #Riders #CFL

Also, I'm sad to see that she's fallen on such hard times.  I had been wondering what happened to Talia Shire after the Godfather and Rocky movies.  Covering the Riders is quite the indignity to suffer.  A kickstarter campaign may be necessary.  I'll keep you all posted.

2 hours ago, mbrg said:

Also, I'm sad to see that she's fallen on such hard times.  I had been wondering what happened to Talia Shire after the Godfather and Rocky movies.  Covering the Riders is quite the indignity to suffer.  A kickstarter campaign may be necessary.  I'll keep you all posted.

Is she what the Hobbits meant by "returning to the Shire?"

1 hour ago, WinnipegGordo said:

I imagine the rule is in place so teams don't try to circumvent the trade deadline. Say for example the Bombers now need a Sam to replace Leggett. Then another team like the Als that are out of the playoffs just so happens to release an all-star quality Sam that the Bombers proceed to sign. Then in the off-season the Bombers and Als make a deal that heavily favours the Als as compensation for the Sam they released. 

Wouldnt it be easier and better for the league to just put in a rule about  teams releasing players  that they are not entitled to future compensation?And if a player can sign a deal with any team how is that unfair? Any way just some thoughts perhaps they will look at this in the future for the players and league.?

2 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

What kinda stupid idea is this...?

^^^^^
This.

This is nuts. I dont like carter. But i do admire the heart of any athlete willing to go out and try to play both ways. Thats insane. I remember eric wilson doing it for us on the line. If you go both ways as a db/wr you better have phenomenal milt like cardio. Cus dang even playing every other plays going both ways thats enough to tire me to death just watching. Id have his WR running a deep route every single play.  

2 hours ago, wbbfan said:

This is nuts. I don't like Carter. But i do admire the heart of any athlete willing to go out and try to play both ways. That's insane. I remember Eric Wilson doing it for us on the line. If you go both ways as a db/wr you better have phenomenal milt like cardio. Cus dang even playing every other plays going both ways that's enough to tire me to death just watching. Id have his WR running a deep route every single play.  

I would bet that is going to happen early and often, and he is also going to either play a lot of man coverage or his zone will be flooded. Dave Dickinson and Bo-Levi must be smacking their chops.

Lost in all this is that it pretty sad that at this point in the season Jones and the Riders have no better option than putting him in the defensive backfield.

Quite the slap in the face to guys there already all year getting bypassed and sure must ads to the lack of chemistry and cohesion there. 

Sure he's a decent receiver.. But he's no legit 2 athlete guy like Bo Jackson..Deion Sanders..Brian Jordan..hell even Gerry James.

I don't wish ill will on anybody but I actually hope he gets hurt out there on defence..leaving them without him or Roosevelt on offence for final push...and if they field Roosevelt again that organization is pathetic..he should be down for season and playoffs now

8 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Cus dang even playing every other plays going both ways thats enough to tire me to death just watching. Id have his WR running a deep route every single play.  

I think this is just good babysitting.  You run him hard, tire him out, he makes no trouble and falls right asleep at bedtime.