Around the League - Regular Season Discussion (Redux)

BigBlue

1 hour ago, Rich said:

http://3downnation.com/2017/10/18/kavis-reed-return-gm-search-new-alouettes-coach-begun/

Kavis Reed confirmed back as GM for Montreal next year.  The search for a new head coach is under way ....   

guess someone needs to keep tossing the rubber on this tire fire.. why not the architect of the carnage.

23 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

Apparently Carter has to meet with Jones everyday to keep him inline. Pretty childish.

Interesting to compare Carter to the Bombers  very quiet, low maintenance Jackson Jeffcoat,  also a son of one of the great NFL players.

Edited by Mark F

30 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

Apparently Carter has to meet with Jones everyday to keep him inline. Pretty childish.

But can Carter keep Jones inline?

Seriously though, what a joke of an organization Jones has created there. They used to have down-to-earth heroes there like Dressler and Chick.

If Montreal was smart they would have axed Reed the moment the reg season concluded,  reached out to Hervey for GM then made some strong pushes for guys like Khari Jones or Devone Claybrooks (assuming AC has no interest or isn't seen as a good fit for HC). Cut loose DD and picked up Collaros. That would be what I would do the first day/week of my offseason in trying to get my team back on track

37 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

If Montreal was smart they would have axed Reed the moment the reg season concluded,  reached out to Hervey for GM then made some strong pushes for guys like Khari Jones or Devone Claybrooks (assuming AC has no interest or isn't seen as a good fit for HC). Cut loose DD and picked up Collaros. That would be what I would do the first day/week of my offseason in trying to get my team back on track

What makes you think Khari Jones is a good candidate to be a head coach?  He’s been middling as an offensive coordinator.

6 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

What makes you think Khari Jones is a good candidate to be a head coach?  He’s been middling as an offensive coordinator.

I've always thought he'd make a good HC or at least as strong candidate as any for "the next one" , he's been around as an OC for the last 5 years, former player,  and thought he's done a good job to date as an OC.  BC's woes this year IMO was his QBs getting hurt.  Jennings hasn't been the same since he returned and losing Lulay proved untimely.  I would have given him a crack sooner than Maas but obviously the Mass/Hervey connection trumped that.

I think Claybrooks will be the next new HC though before Khari

Edited by Taynted_Fayth

CFL.ca Writer Picks

Week-17-Picks-TOR-WPG.jpg

Wow! I guess with the loss of Leggett and the prospect of Ray throwing to S.J. Green compared to Nichols throwing to ... Lankford has us behind the 8-ball this week with the CFL writers.

4 minutes ago, J5V said:

CFL.ca Writer Picks

Wow! I guess with the loss of Leggett and the prospect of Ray throwing to S.J. Green compared to Nichols throwing to ... Lankford has us behind the 8-ball this week with the CFL writers.

So Lankford is our best receiver, according to you?

27 minutes ago, J5V said:

CFL.ca Writer Picks

insert rodney dangerfield gif here*

It seems like when the media pick against us we play our best. Dave ritchie would have this team chomping at the bit to show up the reporters in this league. 

5 hours ago, SPuDS said:

guess someone needs to keep tossing the rubber on this tire fire.. why not the architect of the carnage.

"with the first pick in the 2018/19/20 draft(s) the montreal alouettes are glad to select... :lol:

I dont know how many terrible seasons that franchise can survive. And Quebec is such an important part of our NI talent in the cfl >.< 

6 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

"with the first pick in the 2018/19/20 draft(s) the montreal alouettes are glad to select... :lol:

I dont know how many terrible seasons that franchise can survive. And Quebec is such an important part of our NI talent in the cfl >.< 

lolol.  its sad how accurate this post could be.   I agree though, Montreal fans are a rabid, loyal fanbase but they can only take so much gong show and bad teams before they will move on to something else to spend money on.

33 minutes ago, SPuDS said:

lolol.  its sad how accurate this post could be.   I agree though, Montreal fans are a rabid, loyal fanbase but they can only take so much gong show and bad teams before they will move on to something else to spend money on.

Yeah, its true of any major city with more then one sports franchise. But even out side of sports, competition for entertainment bucks seems to be at an all time high.  So i hope they straighten that franchise out sooner rather then later. 

Edited by wbbfan