Around the League - Regular Season Discussion (Redux)

BigBlue

1 hour ago, blue_gold_84 said:

This is starting to remind me of your schtick on TEP a couple of years back. ******' nauseating.

If you don't like my posts there's an ignore function here. Just a thought.

Since Kavis Reed was told who he was going to hire for head coach as a condition of his job, what reason have we to believe that the same thing isn't going to happen all over again? God knows, Reed's judgement about who to hire would a helluva lot better than the Wettenhall's- we may not like Maas, but he he has been at least average.

1 minute ago, blue_gold_84 said:

But you like mine enough to reply to them twice. :)

I love yours almost as much as anyone else's. I always feel so much smarter after reading your posts. 

nothing-matters.gif

?‍?Andrew Harris faces a tough task to reach the 1K - 1K mark..3 games remaining..3 tough teams.

CFL.ca - Andrew Harris needs to average 43.0 rushing yards 61.3 receiving yards to become the first to record a 1k/1k season.

- Andrew Harris needs 6 receptions to reach 100 and 9 to set a single-season record for running backs (Craig Ellis 102, 1985)

2 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

?‍?Andrew Harris faces a tough task to reach the 1K - 1K mark..3 games remaining..3 tough teams.

CFL.ca - Andrew Harris needs to average 43.0 rushing yards 61.3 receiving yards to become the first to record a 1k/1k season.

- Andrew Harris needs 6 receptions to reach 100 and 9 to set a single-season record for running backs (Craig Ellis 102, 1985)

Gable destroyed Toronto last week...  biggest threat to Harris 1000-1000 is Lapo's overthinking

'they expect me to use our best weapons so I'm going to build a game plan around Matt Coates'

Does anyone know what Goossen did to Awe to earn his fine this week? I'd think they would have rewarded him instead for punishing one of the dirtiest players in the league. As I saw that game, BC dished out lots of dirty hits including a helmet to helmet job on Harris and late hits on Maurice Leggett who was down and hurt. Yet Goosen gets singled out for the only fine. Mindboggling.

colbert-jaw-drop.gif

Edited by J5V

2 hours ago, J5V said:

Does anyone know what Goossen did to Awe to earn his fine this week? I'd think they would have rewarded him instead for punishing one of the dirtiest players in the league. As I saw that game, BC dished out lots of dirty hits including a helmet to helmet job on Harris and late hits on Maurice Leggett who was down and hurt. Yet Goosen gets singled out for the only fine. Mindboggling.

I counted three late hits out of bounds.

43 minutes ago, JCon said:

I counted three late hits out of bounds.

Right. I forgot about those. I believe Harris was also abused out of bounds. No flags on any of them.

I can't shake the feeling that Harris is really showing the effects of all the tough miles we've put on him this year.  BC was ganging up on him but teams have done that all year.  It seemed like that last few percent of explosiveness and power that makes him so great was missing against BC.

I'm with greenland: hopefully we beat Toronto, clinch, and then we can give him a rest. 1K/1K is cool and all but against a Grey Cup, not that big a deal.

...tho I don't know who we'd line up in his stead.  The only other guy listed at RB in the entire org is a little guy named Zach Bauman, an import who doesn't even have a headshot on the Bomber roster.  Normand has played Harris' position, right?

Edited by johnzo

On 10/19/2017 at 10:33 PM, blueingreenland said:

My guess is Harris will easily get 100 catches, plus get 1000 yards running, but will fall just short of 1000 receiving.

HE needs a big game in one of these remaining games. However I would rather see the Bombers rest him a bit once we clinch 2nd.

It all depends on the outcome of Wpg & Cgy games this week and next week. 

We play Tor, BC (eliminated) and Cgy.

Cgy plays Edm (who are in the race for the 3rd in the West w/ Ssk) 

If Bombers take care of business today and next week, and Edm (playing @ home) beats Cgy 

.. then Wpg vs Cgy on last week of the regular season will be for the Div title and host West Final at home.

Edited by M.O.A.B.

1 hour ago, M.O.A.B. said:

If Bombers take care of business today and next week, and Edm (playing @ home) beats Cgy 

.. then Wpg vs Cgy on last week of the regular season will be for the Div title and host West Final at home.

Be still my beating heart!

Gold_Heart2.gif

2 hours ago, M.O.A.B. said:

Would be excellent to see Bombers host the W Final!

But alot of things need to fall into place for that, as you say, starting today vs Toronto.

Here's hoping Bombers just put the boots to Stamps in the final regular season game and make a friggin statement like Riders did last night. I see BLM eating some humble pie today on Twitter.

On 10/21/2017 at 1:04 PM, Doublezero said:

Would be excellent to see Bombers host the W Final!

But alot of things need to fall into place for that, as you say, starting today vs Toronto.

Here's hoping Bombers just put the boots to Stamps in the final regular season game and make a friggin statement like Riders did last night. I see BLM eating some humble pie today on Twitter.

BLM is good but not great.  The Stamps have an amazing defence and have surrounded BLM with talent so he shines.  Being a school yard bully if you smack the Stamps in the mouth early and often they don't know how to react.  The Bombers are plenty physical enough to do it.