Around the League - Regular Season Discussion (Redux)

BigBlue

16 hours ago, mfranc said:

Remind me again about SMS?  The team who just extended Labatte for four years, no doubt with a bonus from this year's cap, is over the cap?

How about the team who has an all-star NI running back, a 200 k kicker and had their starting NI tackle get injured yet he had no recollection of how  it happened?

The blue Kool-aid is strong.

Not as strong as the Green Flakka. Once a cheater...

TORONTO — The Canadian Football League (CFL) has released the following statement:

The CFL today levied a $60,000 fine against the Saskatchewan Roughriders, as well as a deduction in excess of $26,000 off the Roughriders’ 2016 salary cap.

This decision was made after Commissioner Jeffrey L. Orridge and the CFL completed a thorough investigation, spanning several weeks, of the Saskatchewan Roughriders’ alleged roster violations. The investigation included CFL officials visiting team practices in Regina.

After a review of the findings, it has been determined that the Saskatchewan Roughriders were in violation of policies which prohibit practicing with ineligible players, players participating in practice who are on the 6-Game Injured List and having free agents practice with players who are under contract.

Each of these actions constitute a violation of CFL bylaws.

“As Commissioner, I am compelled to make decisions consistent with protecting the competitive balance within our League, the spirit of our rules and the integrity of our game. The recent conduct, behaviour and activities of the Saskatchewan Roughriders have compromised the reputation of the CFL.

– CFL Commissioner, Jeffrey L. Orridge.

The current Riders' "brain"-trust are cheaters. Jones reminds me of a more morally challenged Mike Kelly. SUre- there is some success, but really at what cost? 

2 hours ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Not as strong as the Green Flakka. Once a cheater...

The current Riders' "brain"-trust are cheaters. Jones reminds me of a more morally challenged Mike Kelly. SUre- there is some success, but really at what cost? 

For the Riders and Jones, dignity and integrity are always negotiable.

6 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

How sad is it for the Riders that success is simple being better than some of the tire fires in the east? 

Not really.  Rider fans want the Grey Cup (something we have played for 4 times in the last ten seasons and won twice).  Yes, yes I know the Bombers won a lot of Grey Cups back when dinosaurs roamed the earth.

16 minutes ago, mfranc said:

Not really.  Rider fans want the Grey Cup (something we have played for 4 times in the last ten seasons and won twice).  Yes, yes I know the Bombers won a lot of Grey Cups back when dinosaurs roamed the earth.

4 times in a hundred years. Almost enough to fill one hand with rings.

You can show the rings on the next telethon.

Never mind that the Bombers since last winning regularly make it to the game, they just haven't had the win. Trying to boost themselves up with Grey Cup appearances is only more laughable. The Bombers I believe are still one of the top teams to Grey Cup appearances. 

RIder fans, never change. Your team is laughable at most points in it's history and no one cares about it at all. How does it feel to be irrelevant outside of your own little bubble? 

1 hour ago, mfranc said:

You forgot the #1990 comment, flatbilly.

Let us know when the Riders can manage to catch up with the rest of the league in terms of championships. It'll probably take another 100 years just to crack double digits.

Priceless you only showed up around here again now that the Riders are winning games. Ridernation: all cut from the same stinking piece of burlap.

On 11/2/2017 at 4:59 AM, mfranc said:

Remind me again about SMS?  The team who just extended Labatte for four years, no doubt with a bonus from this year's cap, is over the cap?

How about the team who has an all-star NI running back, a 200 k kicker and had their starting NI tackle get injured yet he had no recollection of how  it happened?

The blue Kool-aid is strong.

Are you honestly trying to imply we "injured" westerman to make some kind of sms move to save cap?   The guy who would arguably our best DE all season?  Sure.. that makes so much sense..

smh.  this is getting ridiculous already. Stop deflecting and at least own up to the fact your GM/coach has been caught red-handed before and looks to be continuing in the same vein..

On 11/2/2017 at 12:24 PM, sweep the leg said:

Ah yes, my favourite of all salary cap conspiracies. He even had surgery to help sell the realism of the injury.

wow did I laugh when I read the prider's post.  he honestly believed it too. said it with such conviction. lololol

4 hours ago, JCon said:

4 times in a hundred years. Almost enough to fill one hand with rings.

You can show the rings on the next telethon.

show.. auction.. whichever one keeps the team in town.. i'd offer up $10 for one just to make it a centre piece of a urinal in a local drinking establishment..

7 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

If Jones is cheating the SMS, there are 8 other GM's that already know it and appropriate fingers will be pointed.  Question is does the CFL hush it out of embarrassment, or broadcast it to humiliate the Riders and prevent a repeat.

This is an interesting point to consider.  The league is in a some what tough state as it is. The last thing we need is for it to get worse.

7 hours ago, mfranc said:

Yarly. What fans pray tell do not want their team to win a championship?  playing in 4 and winning 2 semi recently makes them want it more? Do you believe the yankees fans wanted another WS MORE then a team like the cubs when they won? 

It also doesnt really have to do with the statement. Perhaps jump to childish name calling next? Seems the counter point (if their was one really) has bottomed out short of that. 

The championships being spread around, especially to the franchise with the least wins is great. The less cleveland browns type teams in the league the better over all.  Its just too bad that it had to accompany and be followed by being such poor winners. The yankees used to be the most hated team in baseball. The red sox fans after breaking the streak has changed that. The riders fans, and management seem to be doing their best to go from loveable (by none peggers) losers to the classless winner. The type of pedantic bad guy team that starts off every sports movie ever. 

Attention CFL:

Bob Wettenhall has now surpassed Bernie Glieberman for worst CFL owner by hiring that know-nothing Kavis Reed.  Here's my advice to Montreal fans.

Lobby the CFL for a team in Quebec City.  Make it community ownership and with competent management.  That will force the Wettenhall to either sell the Als or shape up and hire good people.  Time to say enough is enough with terrible ownership and embarrassing teams.

22 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

OK, now it matters to me....where we finish. I want to host the semi-final with the Green slime as the opposition. It would be fitting to shut their petty mouths.

Hey man, haven't seen the "in case you missed it" topic lately. 

"In case" you don't think we missed it, we do