Around the League - Regular Season Discussion (Redux)

BigBlue

3 hours ago, bluto said:

-Surely I'm not the only one who wonders in astonishment every time Bob Young offers an opinion about something about how  someone who seems so dim became so wealthy...?

-On one hand, I'd prefer to face the REDBLACKS since they'd only have about 400-600 supporters invade BMO as opposed to the drug-adled several thousand Riders' fans that would show up and I should support the Eastern team by default... but on the other hand I have so many next-level putdowns of the Riders and their lame province that it'd be a shame not to have occasion for them.

-Could be my Double-Blue glasses, but the team coming together after a rebuild late in the season to finish 9-9 with the GC being in Ottawa... dare I say it... feels like 2004

But at the same time, if you double the number of paying customers at BMO, that's a good thing, right?

It's also typical of Winnipegers to wait until the last minute to make their decision... the forecast right now looks good, but it could get worse.  I'm sure there are lots of people waiting for Saturday to see the forecast for the game before making the decision.

Looking forward to it either way... it's always a great day for football when you're in the playoffs :)

3 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

I'll take that bet. My guess is 24,000.

I don't think it'll be that bad, but I'll be very surprised if we hit 30k. Split the difference and that's somewhere in the neighbourhood of where I think (hope) we'll be.

3 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

I am positive that Bomber fans suck at showing up for playoff games. Better? :)

We show up for Division finals, just not semi-finals.

I am always disappointed with Bomber playoff attendance.  Sometimes I think Winnipegers are happier to complain that their teams never win anything.  Or, maybe it is that the crowd who go only to get noticed outside the rum hut don't want to come because it is harder to notice or get noticed when you are dressed for a winter game. 

I hope I am wrong this time and we fill the place. 

Even if it is only 24,000, it will be the right 24,000 and it will be loud regardless.