Around the League - Regular Season Discussion (Redux)

BigBlue

https://www.bluebombers.com/2017/10/02/upon-review-wpg-28-edm-19/

Randle is having an all-star worthy season, despite offences often opting to attack the opposite side of the Bombers secondary. The 29-year-old Utah State product has a career-high five interceptions this year and two touchdowns – Saturday’s score and a fumble recovery major in Ottawa earlier in the year – while adding 41 tackles, one shy of his career best.

When I saw him picking off that pass, all I could think about was ‘Randle Island’,” said Bombers left tackle Stanley Bryant. “He’s great, man. I always tell him he’s great when he’s doing his thing. He’s always working on his craft. I’m always talking junk to those guys, him and T.J. (Heath) in the boundary (side of the field) during practice because they think they’re the best.

“Today I crown him ‘Randle Island’. Shout out to him.”

5 minutes ago, Rich said:

When I saw him picking off that pass, all I could think about was ‘Randle Island’,” said Bombers left tackle Stanley Bryant. “He’s great, man. I always tell him he’s great when he’s doing his thing. He’s always working on his craft. I’m always talking junk to those guys, him and T.J. (Heath) in the boundary (side of the field) during practice because they think they’re the best.

“Today I crown him ‘Randle Island’. Shout out to him.”

ITS A THING!!! IT BECAME A THING!!!

Interesting article on the officiating in the Hamilton / Toronto game.

http://3downnation.com/2017/10/01/questionable-officiating-costs-ticats-dearly-loss-argos/

Some video clips and screen shots in there that show some clearly wrong calls, including the phantom PI call on SJ Green that the league has since said shouldn't have been PI (even though the command centre ruled it as PI on a review)

The fumble knocked out of bounds by Lawrence should have been called Hamilton's ball as well IMO.

Also a couple of screenshots of blatant offsides by Toronto that were never called.

Some theories out there that the officials are being biased to Toronto.    After watching bad Bomber teams for years, I think the refs tend to not give the benefit of the doubt to "bad' teams.  Either way, another game with horrible officiating in the CFL.

30 minutes ago, Rich said:

http://3downnation.com/2017/10/01/questionable-officiating-costs-ticats-dearly-loss-argos/

Some video clips and screen shots in there that show some clearly wrong calls, including the phantom PI call on SJ Green that the league has since said shouldn't have been PI (even though the command centre ruled it as PI on a review)

The fumble knocked out of bounds by Lawrence should have been called Hamilton's ball as well IMO.

Also a couple of screenshots of blatant offsides by Toronto that were never called.

Some theories out there that the officials are being biased to Toronto.    After watching bad Bomber teams for years, I think the refs tend to not give the benefit of the doubt to "bad' teams.  Either way, another game with horrible officiating in the CFL.

That PI call was brutal... I can't believe video review "confirmed" it...

As for the off-sides screen shots... you can't see where the ball is but it looks like there is some other movement on the field, which means the ball is probably snapped already... so you can't put too much into where the receivers are...

1 hour ago, Rich said:

I think the refs tend to not give the benefit of the doubt to "bad' teams.

I think this is true in other sports as well. You see it in the NHL a ton as well. Teams and players with a reputation of being good get away with a lot more than teams or players with the bad reputation. 

3 hours ago, Rich said:

There was also about 1 min of game time run off the clock for some reason. CFL has not addressed that. It was between plays. The clock just kept ticking....