Talks with Mulumba

Booch

Just now, tracker said:

I resent his slur on the CFL. The agent and Mulumba both have to know that time is not on their side- I would bet that if nothing gets done in the next few days, it isn't going to get done at all.

ya I don't think insulting the league that pays the people who you are dealing with is really the best way to endear yourself and your client to the team.. frankly, it sounds to me like Mulumba doesn't want to play for Winnipeg and his agent is trying to poison this situation.

I really like our D-line with both Nevis & Poop starting with Thomas rotating in, Corney coming along nicely too.  Would be great to have Westerman in there as well, but Jeffcoat is really playing well, Oka starting to pick it up too. For those reasons I would try and trade him to try and get a positional need, i,e, WR or LB. I trust Walters whatever happens. 

1 minute ago, shadybob said:

I really like our D-line with both Nevis & Poop starting with Thomas rotating in, Corney coming along nicely too.  Would be great to have Westerman in there as well, but Jeffcoat is really playing well, Oka starting to pick it up too. For those reasons I would try and trade him to try and get a positional need, i,e, WR or LB. I trust Walters whatever happens. 

Is a trade like that even possible with the deadline having passed last week, though?

35 minutes ago, Dr. Blue said:

Curious what others think fair market value would be for a guy like Mulumba?

2nd overall National draft pick ~ $100k

+ NFL experience  ~$80k - 100k?

so 180 - 200k?

No way.  Not base salary.  He’s not a free agent.  If he doesn’t sign with the Bombers he won’t play until 2018.  Doesn’t sound like he’s too eager to play at all.

The lack of professionalism in the CFL is why the CFL is the CFL and always will be the CFL," said Tafelski. "It's portrayed (that way) by the agent world and the athletic world... OK, here you go. Don't have time for dialogue. It's a lack of professionalism. I don't care if you print that or not."

I laugh.

This guy talks about professionalism and he procedes to act like a complete unprofessional. It’s a strange negotiating ploy. 

The Andy Mulumba saga takes yet another turn. Why can’t things go easy with this draft pick? 

He talks about Mulumba being a smart guy with international business acumen. Then why did he hire a putz?

55 minutes ago, Rich said:

Interesting comments from his agent.  Apparently there has been no contact for two weeks.

https://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sports/football/bombers/bombers-draft-choice-cut-by-nfl-wants-money-or-freedom-agent-says-451283713.html

So basically they want a lot of money and likely only for the remainder of this year.

Geeez the guy almost makes Trouba's agent sound like a peach. 

2 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

I laugh.

This guy talks about professionalism and he procedes to act like a complete unprofessional. It’s a strange negotiating ploy. 

The Andy Mulumba saga takes yet another turn. Why can’t things go easy with this draft pick? 

He talks about Mulumba being a smart guy with international business acumen. Then why did he hire a putz?

Its the Sleepy Joe curse.

6 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

It's not hard to figure out the angle the agent is going for, wants the guy signed for the remainder of the year which would make him a free agent going into next year and then he can take offers from everyone rather than only the Bombers, and Kyle Walters not being ******** isn't playing that game. 

Doesn't his first contract have to be for at least two years?

So does this agent think we are going to  sign a guy for the rest of the year give him a boat load of money and then have him bolt next year to the destination of his choice, Walters may be friendly a Canadian manager but  he is not stupid, tell his agent this is the offer take it or retire or wait for another  NFL offer that's not coming.

Edited by bustamente

2 hours ago, Dr. Blue said:

Curious what others think fair market value would be for a guy like Mulumba?

2nd overall National draft pick ~ $100k

+ NFL experience  ~$80k - 100k?

so 180 - 200k?

I would think that a deal similar to the one Westerman got would be fair.  To me it's logical we sign Mulumba and let Westerman hit the market as he's going to be a free-agent and getting older (takes too many penalties).  Its possible that Mulumba's agent is asking for a rediculous offer. Like Ted Laurant money or something like that. In that case we should trade his right to the highest bidder and try and re-sign Westerman.

Yeah... plus it makes no sense to bring him in for the remainder of this year and only next year. If they only want a two year deal they can wait until the off season and put in 2 full years.

Hes a rookie with some nfl experiance and should be paid a fair rate based on that. He doesnt like it he can retire. Funny thing is the agent was trying to play some kind of game to put heat on Walters... when in reality he just did Walters a huge favour and saved face on Kyles part from any kind of fan back lash.

2 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

So a no name agent with minimal clients slams the CFL and he's not even certified. What a jackass. You'd think Mulumba if he was so smart would know enough to hire a certified agent.

How would said agent know what would be an appropriate salary if he has had no CFL experience or certification?