Talks with Mulumba

Booch

3 hours ago, Floyd said:

Might want to understand how the practice roster works before commenting.

Might want to understand slavery before commenting?

Any player can walk away from the Bombers at any time.  We don't own them.

Thorpe asked to be released.  As in, he quit.  How and why people still bring this up...?  Not a thing to do with Mulamba.  Not even remotely.  Stop ham-fisted shoving this stupid agenda into every thread.  Go revive the long-dead Thorpe thread if you really want to keep talking about Thorpe.

If a playerleaves without us granting his release, he is placed on the suspended list and is not allowed to sign with another CFL team.  That is the only difference.  We still don't own him.  He quit.

He quit.

He quit.

He quit.

This really seems lost on certain people.

He's allowed to quit.  He's allowed to have good reasons to quit.  He's allowed to have bad reasons to quit.  He's allowed to have no reason at all, and still quit.  But the quitting part, that's not in dispute.

So, just to be clear, he quit.

2 hours ago, JCon said:

I'm not sure why some are so obsessed with blaming Walters/O'Shea on this, when it's pretty clear Thorpe quit.

After the devastating loss of Brian Bennett in the offseason, there is only so much people can take.  Walters is on thin ice.

Edited by mbrg

So many insiders on here...

the team cut Thorpe with the intention of placing him on the PR - he declined the offer of a PR spot.

things we know: Thorpe was 'cut' and he's no longer a bomber

things we don't know: everything else including personal motivations and meetings between the player and coach

2 minutes ago, Floyd said:

the team cut Thorpe with the intention of placing him on the PR - he declined the offer of a PR spot.

things we don't know: everything else including personal motivations and meetings between the player and coach

False. He was on the PR.....he'd accepted the spot.......then asked for his release, so they granted it. 

5 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Pretty sure he was on the PR at the time he requested his release. In other words, he quit on the team by being unwilling to have patience and take what was given to him. Thorpe made that decision, requested his outright release, and that's that. Nobody to blame but himself.

What "personal motivations" would even be at play here besides Thorpe's own impatience, anyway?

Edited by blue_gold_84

14 minutes ago, SPuDS said:

but again... why tf does it even matter at this point.

Especially given the name of the thread.  I think some one touched on this briefly but does Mulumba deserve a Westerman level deal? Westerman played what 55 games in NFL.  How many games did Mulumba actually play? The uncertified agent thing does seem like a this is not a serious negotiation so we can just let this whole thing go and worry about how banged up the Bombers are now.

Just now, Fan Boy said:

Especially given the name of the thread.  I think some one touched on this briefly but does Mulumba deserve a Westerman level deal? Westerman played what 55 games in NFL.  How many games did Mulumba actually play? The uncertified agent thing does seem like a this is not a serious negotiation so we can just let this whole thing go and worry about how banged up the Bombers are now.

I think he deserves a decently high paying contract. He was a high round pick.  he does have NFL experience.  I don't think he deserves a massive signing pricetag but definitely higher then the average bear.

33 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Wow wrong again......he was already on the PR for a week. But hey go figure you still think that it is Osh et al's fault that he left. He could not handle the PR so he bailed.....guess what he is not coming back....not sure if the guys on the team would take him back either.

For god's sake why are we still talkingabout Thorpe?  Dude decided that "paying one's dues" didn't apply to him.  He thought that he was a starter and should be on the roster.  I guess he never talked to Flanders, who seems to have every bit as much talent, but recognized that roster management is a little more involved.  Guy walked away and yes, the fact that he was not picked up by anyone does matter.  It suggests that there are 9 GM's in the league that don't see him as starter or primary backup material yet.  Turns out that his best chance at being one was only a week away.   Sucks for him, but life is choice.

11 minutes ago, holoman said:

This thread is about Mulumba, and the last 2 pages are about Thorpe (who hasn't been on the team for a month) and purple monkey dishwasher. 

My point was that Thorpe was cut for less and that I couldn't see Osh/Walters signing a guy who wants a four game contract and who's agent just openly mocked the CFL.

However, I have made mistakes:

1.  I didn't realize Tyrone Thorpe was legit evil.  

2.  I didn't understand that I hated Oshea.  I feel bad for this now, I just never knew.

3.  I thought teams had to cut guys to put them on the PR.

34 minutes ago, WBBFanWest said:

For god's sake why are we still talkingabout Thorpe?  Dude decided that "paying one's dues" didn't apply to him.  He thought that he was a starter and should be on the roster.  I guess he never talked to Flanders, who seems to have every bit as much talent, but recognized that roster management is a little more involved.  Guy walked away and yes, the fact that he was not picked up by anyone does matter.  It suggests that there are 9 GM's in the league that don't see him as starter or primary backup material yet.  Turns out that his best chance at being one was only a week away.   Sucks for him, but life is choice.

In Thorpe's defence ...

**to read the rest of these thoughts and more, they can be found in the "Thorpe Released" thread, where they were posted two months ago...

So I'll just pretend talking about Mulamba is still a thing...

For Mulamba to really help us we need him here now.  There seems to be a 4 game transition period for DE's coming from the NFL (see Westerman, Okpaluago), so if we want him to be an impact player for us in the playoffs, that transition period needs to start soon.