Talks with Mulumba

Booch

5 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

Just so much righteousness in this thread. Given the ratio issues this team has had, they should be trying harder to bring him in. I don't think they're in any position to just let him walk. 

I don't believe we should let him walk either BUT what other course is there? Overpay him?  let his Agent walk all over Walters just to get a deal done?  The guys a ****** nozzle.  (the agent)  and hes making this a much more difficult situation then what it needs to be.  Mulumba has no body of work to showcase beyond "I'm an NFL baller" that is overly exciting to me.  He's looked good in his time down south no doubt but not "OMFGZ WE NEEEEEDS HIM" type stuff..

I want him in blue and gold.  with that said, if he is going to be a massive headache, trade his rights for some good stuff.. hell, establish that whom we are gonna trade him to will give him whatever outrageous demands he wants and make sure you get back a pick or 2 or a good canuck..

15 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

Just so much righteousness in this thread. Given the ratio issues this team has had, they should be trying harder to bring him in. I don't think they're in any position to just let him walk. 

It's not us. It's him. There's no self righteousness. Mulamba & his agent are the ones acting like jerks. Fine, let him sit & rot. 

46 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

As usual, we can have it both ways. He's a jerk, he has nothing to offer that know of, but other teams will give up assets for him. 

Good. If another team wants to give up picks or a Proven CFL player for him... I take that deal all the time. Mulumba and his agent (who is just doing what Mulumba wants) can go **** themselves really. 

1 hour ago, Mark H. said:

Read Walters' quotes from today. He made a reasonable and fair offer and has attempted to negotiate in good faith with Mulumba and his agent for the last two years. Walters shouldn't be expected to just give in to whatever they want, especially when neither Mulumba nor his agent seem to understand how CFL contracts even work.

Mulumba's been nothing more than a journeyman in the NFL, anyway. No team up here is going to back up the Brinks truck to his front door. He isn't exactly bargaining from a position of strength, especially based on how his agent has behaved by whining to the media and calling the CFL bush league.

4 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Read Walters' quotes from today. He made a reasonable and fair offer and has attempted to negotiate in good faith with Mulumba and his agent for the last two years. Walters shouldn't be expected to just give in to whatever they want, especially when neither Mulumba nor his agent seem to understand how CFL contracts even work.

Mulumba's been nothing more than a journeyman in the NFL, anyway. No team up here is going to back up the Brinks truck to his front door. He isn't exactly bargaining from a position of strength, especially based on how his agent has behaved by whining to the media and calling the CFL bush league.

Walters has dealt openly and honourably with players, coaches and the public , so I will take him at his word.

3 hours ago, Mark H. said:

As usual, we can have it both ways. He's a jerk, he has nothing to offer that know of, but other teams will give up assets for him. 

He is a jerk. With our DL what can a PR NFL player offer that we don't have already? Plus he wants a lot of money & then just a 1 year deal.  Sorry. Buh bye. 

5 minutes ago, Mike said:

What makes him a jerk exactly? 

Trying to act like he has other playing options when he doesn't. Not responding to Walters contract offer. The comments by his agent that the CFL lacks professionalism. Pretty obvious he doesn't want to be here. There are many players who dream of playing pro football. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

20 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Trying to act like he has other playing options when he doesn't. Not responding to Walters contract offer. The comments by his agent that the CFL lacks professionalism. Pretty obvious he doesn't want to be here. There are many players who dream of playing pro football. 

Or maybe football isn't the end all be all for him and he's not a jerk.

26 minutes ago, Mike said:

Or maybe football isn't the end all be all for him and he's not a jerk.

Trying to crack an NFL roster for 5 years tells me that football is the be all & end all for him. I think he believes the CFL & especially the Bombers are beneath him. If he has other options then fine, get on with them. All the best. Don't take back anything I said. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

15 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Mulumba has apparently no interest in the CFL. This year, however, he and his camp seemed to express some interest but only to play for a season, even though it doesn't work like that (shitty agent if he can't do his research on behalf of his client). Walters put forth what he believed was a reasonable and fair offer, and instead of a counter-offer, Mulumba's agent bitched to the media, basically saying his client's rights should be traded or he'd retire. Walters then stated the Bombers have his rights for the next two years (based on the contract offered, I surmise), so the ball in his court and that's that.

Man, f^3k 'em both. A couple of clueless knobs.

Walters was referring to the minimum new contract length that Mulumba would have to sign, not about having his rights that long.

Spuds, Walters was saying Mulumba's side wanted a contract for the remainder of the 2017 season and wanted to be let out of if at the end of the season so he would be a free agent in 2018. Walters said that with the season over that Mulumba would have to commit to 2 years in the CFL now regardless of whether he signed with the Bombers or had his rights traded to another team.

Edited by Jacquie

15 hours ago, Stickem said:

Can we not just sit down with Andy and by pass that unregistered , uninformed bozo of an agent and talk signing here for a couple of years...Why some of these players pay guys like this clown to represent them is beyond me...Sometimes (not in every case with green rookies) it would be better to represent yourself...Mulumba is an intelligent guy and been around the NFL circuit...It's a mystery to me why he just doesn't pick up the phone and hash things out with Kyle...Get the real cards on the table and by pass the joker.

Joe Mack basically wasted a first round draft pick on a player that immigrated to Canada from the Congo when he was 12 and probably never had any knowledge or interest in the CFL to begin with.   I wonder if Joe even bothered to interview him?  David Onyemata from the U of M basically stated he had no interest in playing in the CFL either, yet the Riders still drafted him in the 4th round last year. 

4 hours ago, Jacquie said:

Walters was referring to the minimum new contract length that Mulumba would have to sign, not about having his rights that long.

What I meant (which is what I think Walters also meant) was any team that offers Mulumba a contract will technically have his rights for two years. There's no single-year option.

4 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

What I meant (which is what I think Walters also meant) was any team that offers Mulumba a contract will technically have his rights for two years. There's no single-year option.

Ah I did not know this...  like this is an official rule now for first contracts?