Talks with Mulumba

Booch

12 hours ago, M.O.A.B. said:

Trade his rights to Montreal for their 2018 1st overall pick. He's a Mack pick let them have him.. 

I believe Walters can make it work. 

You think you get a first rounder for him?  Doubt it.

A second or third rounder or a solid NI and a neg lister seems realistic but Kavis is the Als GM so the sky may be the limit. 

18 minutes ago, mfranc said:

A second or third rounder or a solid NI and a neg lister seems realistic but Kavis is the Als GM so the sky may be the limit. 

Doubt all you want. Look what Walters got from Toronto for Drew Willy.

1 minute ago, mfranc said:

What happened to the guy who made that trade for Toronto?  That was a job ender.

I can assure you Walters shed no tears although I can understand why you'd be whining about it. Walters made the deal straight up, no cheating. Something you're not used to over there in the land of affectionate farm animals.

Rider_Fun1.gif

3 minutes ago, J5V said:

I can assure you Walters shed no tears although I can understand why you'd be whining about it. Walters made the deal straight up, no cheating. Something you're not used to over there in the land of affectionate farm animals.

Rider_Fun1.gif

Says the goof from the land of pot $hitters.  Priceless.

14 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Trying to act like he has other playing options when he doesn't. Not responding to Walters contract offer. The comments by his agent that the CFL lacks professionalism. Pretty obvious he doesn't want to be here. There are many players who dream of playing pro football. 

Not hearing back from the agent, likely has more to do with the fact his agent isn't legally allowed to operate in the CFL. Which was discovered after the initial talks started/after his agent ran his mouth. Also, during negotiations, you don't want the other side to think (even if it's a given) that you don't have other options. That's a really really bad tactic. Being a **** of an agent isn't great either though.

3 hours ago, mfranc said:

For what hes shown in the nfl when given reps, hed get a first rounder if willing to sign no doubt.  The value of a draft pick in comparison to a player you know you get right now, with nfl starts no less is dramatically higher then a first. I wouldnt expect a 1st or 2nd over all, but the als are soo poorly run any thing is possible. 

23 minutes ago, bearpants said:

Trade him for a 37-year old linebacker?... no thanks... I'd much rather have a few draft picks...

I dont know if hebert would fit well enough here to take as FA. Little on trade for. Couple lower picks, some back of the roster NIs, even a few choice Nlisters would be better for sure. I do like the edge hebert plays with, and commend him for still getting it done at his age. Cant question the guys love of playing (and hitting people) 

1 hour ago, Dr. Blue said:

1 year contract does not apply to a player's first CFL contract. Minimum is 2 years on their first contract. After that they can sign as many 1 year deals as they want.

This was put in what 2 years ago? Idr. This is why we see half of each roster as FAs every year. I think its good for parity in the league. And to aid in really bad teams turning it around quickly. It also increases the value of multi year deals to guys out side of the NFL window age range. 

44 minutes ago, bearpants said:

Trade him for a 37-year old linebacker?... no thanks... I'd much rather have a few draft picks...

I dont disagree with you... I'm thinking more in a 'win now' because we're right there, rather than a build for the future.  Upside to both, I just think we need an impact player in there next season.  His age aside, he's still a very good player.

Edited by trueBlue83
iPad autocorrect

19 minutes ago, trueBlue83 said:

I dont disagree with you... I'm thinking more in a 'win now' because we're right there, rather than a build for the future.  Upside to both, I just think we need an impact player in there next season.  His age aside, he's still a very good player.

Very good player on a bad teams D is a dangerous thing. Its easy to rack up a lot of tackles when you sped 3/4 of the game on the field. No doubt hes still deserving of being in the league. I wouldnt wanna take much of a risk on the guy though. Too much of a chance he either hits the wall with his age, cant play at a high level on a contender, Or gets hurt. Younger hebert I would think would be a fantastic talent for us. 

Listening to the post op presser from walters makes me want mulumba about as much as i would want chris jones involved in our franchise. 

50 minutes ago, trueBlue83 said:

If Bighill doesn't stick down south, I wonder if he'd consider coming here?  We'd have to back up the Brinks truck, but can you imagine having him at LB next to Santos-Knox & Leggett??

Drunk4.gif

55 minutes ago, trueBlue83 said:

If Bighill doesn't stick down south, I wonder if he'd consider coming here?  We'd have to back up the Brinks truck, but can you imagine having him at LB next to Santos-Knox & Leggett??

I would bet next year JSK starts at MLB, and wild at wil.  Bighill would be incredible. But Its about as good a shot as **** butkus being our next starting MLBer.

49 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

So, how good was the Bombers D-Line?

4 Bombers out of top ten in average depth of tackles.

Excellent!

Id like to see a DL pressures ranking. Jeffcoat and poop would shock some none bomber fans.

12 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

As well as U Sports receivers from Saskatchewan.

Unless they are also secretly punters. I remember us scratching our heads about this lanky quick depth WR we drafted from regina one time. Pretty good leg on em. 

I would carry sam hurl on my back home to any place in canada if it meant henoc muamba came back to be our starting mlber.