Adams gone for rest of regular season

TrueBlue4ever

Well we have 3 games now to integrate and go with the unknown's in Given's, White and Brown...no need to hamstring the offence with the Coates'.. and Lankfords who scare nobody and open up nothing for others on offence.

Veteran NFL guys with significant reps can surely be coached up to be useful in our offence by now and have a lot more to offer than what others have...both are Givens and White are lightning quick and can bust things open in an instant...not too sure about Brown and could catch teams off guard with no film on them and what they can be successful at moving forward.

If we have a Healthy Dressler , Denmark and JFG in their usual spots, we gotta at least try a game or two with Givens and either White or Brown filling in for Adams and Flanders and have Coates and Washington as the subs...at the very least it would eliminate teams focusing on Harris and taking him out of the gameplan

1 hour ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Here’s a guy we should have on our neglist.  Saw him play once each the last two seasons...total beast.  Same level Zylstra came from, same town Moorhead but colleges are in different conferences.

http://www.msumdragons.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=4330&path=football

6'4 236, does he train in competitive eating with nik lewis in the off season?

14 hours ago, Eternal optimist said:

I am optimistically donning my tinfoil hat that this is all part of O'Shea's cloak-and-dagger tactics and that Leggett, Adams and Westerman will all return for the Grey Cup run. Seriously though as long as he's back for the WSF I think we'll be alright...

Christ, I hope you're right.

1 hour ago, wpgallday1960 said:

I read this morning that Chris Givens was taking ( or is it given) some first team reps so maybe  we will see him over Lankford or Washington.

Givens was interviewed yesterday, that's a sure sign he'll be in the lineup.  My bet is he replaces Washington.

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

18 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Givens would be the guy who *should* replace Denmark/Dressler in the future...  smaller guy with great speed.     

This team needs a taller deep threat... we currently do not have anyone on the roster who can do this.

Not sure he's a 'smaller' guy, he's 6-0 and 203, but I get what you're saying.

16 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Givens was interviewed yesterday, that's a sure sign he'll be in the lineup.  My bet is he replaces Washington.

heres hoping.. I'm all for giving people more time to prove themselves but Washington has been underwhelming at this point.

2 hours ago, SPuDS said:

heres hoping.. I'm all for giving people more time to prove themselves but Washington has been underwhelming at this point.

Underwhelming, but he hasn't sucked.  He's had some good moments.  It feels like he hasn't figured out the CFL yet, where the spaces are and the timing of it all.  His decisions don't always make sense.  He hasn't played many games yet, so I still allow for the possibility that he can find his groove.

Right now, it seems like he has a job by default.  He has to earn it outright, and his chance won't last forever.

Just now, mbrg said:

Underwhelming, but he hasn't sucked.  He's had some good moments.  It feels like he hasn't figured out the CFL yet, where the spaces are and the timing of it all.  His decisions don't always make sense.  He hasn't played many games yet, so I still allow for the possibility that he can find his groove.

Right now, it seems like he has a job by default.  He has to earn it outright, and his chance won't last forever.

very well said. this is his make or break time for the bombers me thinks.  I get it takes some time to adjust but hes had time here and a cup of coffee in EDM.  I like his intangibles but hes gotta put it together and show that he can bring more to the table in the next few weeks or onto the next one.