Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
TrueBlue4ever

Adams gone for rest of regular season

Recommended Posts

Washington has had extremely limited reps.....given that, I thought he showed pretty well on Saturday. I'm in favour of giving him more opportunity this week. Also curious to see what Givens has to show. Now is certainly the time to audition some guys, as playoff scenarios are all but locked up...let's see who wants to step up in the absence of Adams/Leggett...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Givens was interviewed yesterday, that's a sure sign he'll be in the lineup.  My bet is he replaces Washington.

The Bombers have to get Givens into the lineup.  Without Adams, Flanders, and the question mark that hovers over Dressler at all times, our receiving corps does not have what it takes to win games.  That might be survivable short term but the playoffs are less than a month away.

For us to have any chance to win some of those games, we need to hope that our depth is what we think we have and then give them as much game action as we can.  Lankford is simply a non-lethal receiver.  We can afford to have non-lethal NI's at receiver, but we can't waste spots on non-lethal imports.

Givens gets 3 games of live action to learn the CFL before the playoffs are here.  Hopefully he can learn how to be CFL lethal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mbrg said:

The Bombers have to get Givens into the lineup.  Without Adams, Flanders, and the question mark that hovers over Dressler at all times, our receiving corps does not have what it takes to win games.  That might be survivable short term but the playoffs are less than a month away.

For us to have any chance to win some of those games, we need to hope that our depth is what we think we have and then give them as much game action as we can.  Lankford is simply a non-lethal receiver.  We can afford to have non-lethal NI's at receiver, but we can't waste spots on non-lethal imports.

Givens gets 3 games of live action to learn the CFL before the playoffs are here.  Hopefully he can learn how to be CFL lethal.

I'm not against sitting Washington next game if he doesn't show well this one and getting the other receivers on the PR some meaningful reps to see if they have what it takes under the bright lights as well.. you are correct in that our receivers currently don't care many defenses and our depth is virtually unknown.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mbrg said:

The Bombers have to get Givens into the lineup.  Without Adams, Flanders, and the question mark that hovers over Dressler at all times, our receiving corps does not have what it takes to win games.  That might be survivable short term but the playoffs are less than a month away.

For us to have any chance to win some of those games, we need to hope that our depth is what we think we have and then give them as much game action as we can.  Lankford is simply a non-lethal receiver.  We can afford to have non-lethal NI's at receiver, but we can't waste spots on non-lethal imports.

Givens gets 3 games of live action to learn the CFL before the playoffs are here.  Hopefully he can learn how to be CFL lethal.

Agree completely, on a couple of occasions this season including the last BC game Harris has been bottled up and the passing game has been limited to 5 yard routes underneath, they can't afford to let that happen in the playoffs with their inconsistent D performance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, SPuDS said:

I'm not against sitting Washington next game if he doesn't show well this one and getting the other receivers on the PR some meaningful reps to see if they have what it takes under the bright lights as well.. you are correct in that our receivers currently don't care many defenses and our depth is virtually unknown.

We are 16 games in and we have basically the same receiver corp we started the year with, minus Thorpe and now, due to injury, Adams and Dressler. We don't scare anybody at receiver and our depth is virtually unknown because we don't have any. It's laughable to think we're suddenly going to find these CFL allstar receivers at this point in the season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, J5V said:

We are 16 games in and we have basically the same receiver corp we started the year with, minus Thorpe and now, due to injury, Adams and Dressler. We don't scare anybody at receiver and our depth is virtually unknown because we don't have any. It's laughable to think we're suddenly going to find these CFL allstar receivers at this point in the season.

Related image

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, J5V said:

We are 16 games in and we have basically the same receiver corp we started the year with, minus Thorpe and now, due to injury, Adams and Dressler. We don't scare anybody at receiver and our depth is virtually unknown because we don't have any. It's laughable to think we're suddenly going to find these CFL allstar receivers at this point in the season.

And yet this roster is 11-4 in second place.  League-best Saskatchewan and BC are where?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JuranBoldenRules said:

And yet this roster is 11-4 in second place.  League-best Saskatchewan and BC are where?

Saskatchewan and BC suck because they have League-best receivers? Okaaay ....

dr-evil-right.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, J5V said:

Saskatchewan and BC suck because they have League-best receivers? Okaaay ....

dr-evil-right.gif

Remember when every one on here though desjardins was crazy for building a roster of WRs and qbs?

Sask sucks because they have the worst management/coach in the league. Bcs qbing has had the wheels fall off the franchise. If i could pick one position to be stacked at (other then QB) its be wr. 

Swap mos/walters for Jones (shudder) and wed be the bottom rung in the league. Swap BCs qbing this year and ours and we are in the same boat as the leos. Maybe worse. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Someone sure can't get over Thorpe being gone. He played 6 games, FFS. And someone isn't up to date on things, either. Dressler will play this week.

AEkw9.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Someone sure can't get over Thorpe being gone. He played 6 games, FFS. And someone isn't up to date on things, either. Dressler will play this week.

That doesn't help at all. Dressier plays slotback, Adam plays wide receiver. Thus the talk about Dressler returning just needs to end. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Luckily, our offence is built to be able to withstand injuries in our receiving corps better than pretty much any other team. A Lapo offence asks only that you be competent and assignment sound.  We are not a run and gun offence like Sask and BC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And further more, there is much ado about nothing with regards to the offense not accomplishing a lot vs. BC. It's classic Lapo when the D gets you a big lead. Just play it safe and don't **** up let the D win. Saw that all the time when he was head coach here, he hasn't changed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, 17to85 said:

And further more, there is much ado about nothing with regards to the offense not accomplishing a lot vs. BC. It's classic Lapo when the D gets you a big lead. Just play it safe and don't **** up let the D win. Saw that all the time when he was head coach here, he hasn't changed. 

Yep. Sometimes the D has things sewn up & it doesn't even matter what the O does. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×