Game 7 : Wild

cut.jpeg

Time : Friday 7, TSN3

Stats : Jets 3-3 , Wild 1-1-2

Streaks : Jets 1L , Wild OT1

Maurice Watch : 6 more losses and Paul sets the NHL record for most losses by a coach.

http://www.differencebetween.net/object/comparisons-of-food-items/difference-between-walleye-and-pickerel/

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

12 hours ago, Floyd said:

It was actually tiring to watch the game tonight...  let me know how this one turns out - hard to care about this team

lol thats the spirit.. just had a 3 game winning streak snapped by a very solid team.. might as well give up the faith after 6 games. 

1 minute ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I get the sentiment.  its not 6 games.  Its years of the same issues and the same excuses.

and I understand that frustration but its not like we are 0-6.  there has been some glimpses of good play.  Helly has looked good, the offense has clicked.  Defensively we could really use some consistency no doubt but I mean.. to suggest its hard to care about a team your a fan of?  does not compute.

5 minutes ago, SPuDS said:

and I understand that frustration but its not like we are 0-6.  there has been some glimpses of good play.  Helly has looked good, the offense has clicked.  Defensively we could really use some consistency no doubt but I mean.. to suggest its hard to care about a team your a fan of?  does not compute.

But  hard to watch/listen to last night's   game is more understandable.

I had the radio on, then  stopped listening, as they kept giving the puck away in their own end. That gets pretty tiresome to me. 

also, I fell asleep. 

2 minutes ago, Mark F said:

But  hard to watch/listen to last night's   game is more understandable.

I had the radio on, then  stopped listening, as they kept giving the puck away in their own end. That gets pretty tiresome to me. 

also, I fell asleep. 

ya that I will agree with.. it was borderline nauseating at times.  seeing our defense turn it over and then not recover in time.. hanging Mason out to dry.. that was painful.

1 hour ago, SPuDS said:

Sure.  But what is good.  3-3?  Another 80-ish point season, just miss the playoffs, then go on a run?  We're not seeing key things improve.  Still plays heartless too often, still seems unable to make in-game adjustments, still has D issues, still cant find a bottom six.   

3 minutes ago, Goalie said:

If helle didnt steal 2 games we would be 1 and 5. They havent played good. Its concerning. Looks like Maurice doesnt know how to coach a team with speed and skill. Dump and chase is brutal. 

Id almost consider bringing in Disco Dan because at least he took the Pens to a Cup.  Play like other teams with speed and skill.  Maurice throwing the players under the bus too. 

Just now, The Unknown Poster said:

Id almost consider bringing in Disco Dan because at least he took the Pens to a Cup.  Play like other teams with speed and skill.  Maurice throwing the players under the bus too. 

Hes low on excuses now. Throwing players under the bus is a sign of a coach starting to lose the room. Square pegs round holes situation here. 

4 minutes ago, Goalie said:

If helle didnt steal 2 games we would be 1 and 5. They havent played good. Its concerning. Looks like Maurice doesnt know how to coach a team with speed and skill. Dump and chase is brutal. 

yea as a whole they havent been good at all.. they have played great in small spurts.   but no continuality, no flow.. no consistency..

Media: "What happened Coach?"

Maurice: "The players didnt play the right way"

Media: "How do you correct that?"

Maurice: "Players need to play the right way."

Media: "What's the right way?"

Maurice: "Better...you know, the right way."

That exchange didnt actually happen but might as well have.

People have said in the past that the team has skill but no heart.  If you cant come out at the start of the season and be playing hard, playing within your systems and playing the right way, then what happened?  Its the message.

Im officially on the "Dump Maurice" Bandwagon.

1 minute ago, Goalie said:

Look at our garbage PP as an example of coaching. All that talent yet PP sucks. The right way? Lol Maurice is stuck 10 years ago.. Dump and Chase isnt the right way with this team. 

ya you would think he would attempt to change it since it hasn't worked since.. god I can't remember when he was successful with it lol.  The roster now is built for speed, not grinding and mucking.

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

It's just Walleye......period.

Surprised you say that, cause It was always pickerel, till muricans invaded with their bassboats,  bringing their own gas, beer, and food. 

But Floyd's right, Lake wpg commercial guys say pickerel. and they catch the most fish. :D

NW Ontario seems to get it right: both terms are acceptable to describe Sander vitreus. I also like wally, walter, hog (for the biggies), and eater (for the tasty ones you fry up). ^_^

Anyway, count me in the group of fans who identify as being indifferent about the Jets right now. Same old .500 team with the same issues continuing to affect their ability to progress in a positive way.

3 minutes ago, Goalie said:

On Lake Manitoba we call them Pickerel. 

this is a whole 'nother thread, so we probably shouldn't derail this one too badly, but Manitoba redneck fisherman are wrong.......period.  And they drive the populace of CanadianFishingForum.com absolutely crazy...

8 minutes ago, Noeller said:

this is a whole 'nother thread, so we probably shouldn't derail this one too badly, but Manitoba redneck fisherman are wrong.......period.  And they drive the populace of CanadianFishingForum.com absolutely crazy...

I can guarantee that no commercial fishermen hang out on CanadianFishingForum.com

2 minutes ago, Floyd said:

I can guarantee that no commercial fishermen hang out on CanadianFishingForum.com

I know they don't....'cause they'd get lit up like a Christmas tree for over-harvesting and decimating the walleye population on Lake Winnipeg, which is very quickly dying off.