Jonestown @ Cowtown

blue_gold_84

"I just want to say that never before has a team displayed such outright courage to field an entire 44-man roster consisting of one player's multiple personalities, many of which I might add identify as 'Canadian', making Chris Jones' ratio management even more brilliant.  Its just truly an honour to be a part of this outstanding innovation and expression of the inclusive environment that is Saskatchewan.  Duron Carter is truly a special special person - and though not as magnanimous as Chris Jones -it is still my great fortune to grovel before him.'

- Rob Vanstone

6 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Well, the only positive to take out of this game on Friday is that the Stampeders look very, very mortal - at an opportune time, no less.

I wish they saved the mortal look for the West Final, to be honest. Now, they can "re-focus" before the playoffs.

3 minutes ago, JCon said:

I wish they saved the mortal look for the West Final, to be honest. Now, they can "re-focus" before the playoffs.

Back-to-back weeks of craptastic performances by the Stampeders, though. I honestly would've expected their close win over the Ti-Cats to be a re-focus. If not for Unamba's poor decision with no time left on the clock, that game goes to OT and who knows.

8 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Back-to-back weeks of craptastic performances by the Stampeders, though. I honestly would've expected their close win over the Ti-Cats to be a re-focus. If not for Unamba's poor decision with no time left on the clock, that game goes to OT and who knows.

The Stamps have actually looked quite mortal for a while but I agree with you about not being particularly reflective about that.  Maybe they talk about it in their meetings.

21 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Hey!  It wasn't Unamba that got the penalty it was Courtney Stephen.

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

20 minutes ago, tracker said:

After the Labour day/Banjo Bowl games the playoff orders appeared to set, but now it looks like whomever can string together three wins  could win up in the Grey Cup game.

I was just thinking, the "Grey Cup Tournament", as it were, feels wide open right now....absolutely no clue who might win, East or West....

27 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I was just thinking, the "Grey Cup Tournament", as it were, feels wide open right now....absolutely no clue who might win, East or West....

I would say any of Winnipeg, Edmonton, Calgary, Ottawa and Toronto are all capable of going on a roll.

I think the Riders' QB position will bite them in the butt come playoff time, but they are looking dangerous at the moment.

Winnipeg and Edmonton are both suspect on D while having offenses that can get it done, especially when it counts.  Calgary is trending down but that team is still dangerous and unpredictable.

Toronto can beat any team in any game with Ricky Ray at the helm, Trestman on the sidelines and the weapons they have to work with.  Ottawa - Trevor Harris is back and so are the Red Blacks - good win against the Riders two weeks ago.

Then again, last year's GC looked like a slam dunk for the Stamps, this year it seems to be more wide open.  But maybe it's not as wide open as it appears in the surface.