Bombers @ Argos: Depth Chart

sweep the leg

Just now, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

They can not JUSTIFY that, his play was unreal last game.

I disagree with them sitting him also but... Its either a LB or Poop or Nevis. 

Just a guess tho.. Poop or Nevis likely sits Eventho if Wild is back.. Kyle Knox should

19 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

They still have Jones....
Tall, thin Jones
Slow-walkin' Jones
Slow-talkin' Jones
Along came long, lean, lanky Jones (And Then?  And Then?)

and then someone got tied to the railroad track and Jones was the hero there too...He was like just Coastin along ...and then lol...Good one Throw Long....Probably  lot on here won't remember that goldy oldy .....but I do

19 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

4 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Why do you need Wild/JSK and Knox to play one spot?

It's more about the ST than the LB rotation, but I still think you're right. It should be Knox sitting. I think with Wild only playing limited reps right now, it might be a factor... 

Just now, Noeller said:

It's more about the ST than the LB rotation, but I still think you're right. It should be Knox sitting. I think with Wild only playing limited reps right now, it might be a factor... 

ya Id assume with Oshea's mentality, he wants the most depth and solid tacklers possible to cover the chance Wild isn't 100% and to maintain excellent coverage on the Teams..

which means that its possible one of our DT's are riding pine.. which suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks but at least we get to see what Givens brings with Lankford taking a seat.  Wonder if Givens or Fogg will be doing the KR.

4 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

I get the rotations and the teams aspects but to me, one of the DT provides more than Knox rotating in a little (which might be none) and playing teams.

I want to think you're right, but reports out of practice this week suggested they had some crazy LB rotations going on where basically everyone and their dog was getting reps at all 3 positions... I'm curious exactly what Hall/MOS have planned... 

57 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

Gob-smacking Stats.... For Matt Nichols...

 Recent Winnipeg QB Starters: Matt Nichols has started the last 28 games and the last non-Nichols QB starter was Drew Willy on Jul 21/16 vs Calgary. Here is a recap of the impact Nichols has made comparing all Winnipeg QB starters across 2012-2017:

Winnipeg Blue Bombers 2012-17:

QB Starters 

Matt Nichols games started 35 won-loss 23-12 .657%  9,477 yards 54 tds, 24 int 

All 9 Other QBs   started ...70. won-loss 20-50 .287%  14,398 yards 51 TDs 61 int 

Notable:

- Nichols has more wins (23) and TD passes (54) in 35 starts than the other 9 QBs have in 70 starts (20W, 51 TDs) - Nichols pass efficiency of 97.4 far exceeds the other QBs combined at 82.5

- Since 2015, the Bombers winning pct. when Nichols starts is .657 and trails only Bo Levi Mitchell in that time

?‍?Damn fine stats...

That is impressive, provided you omit the fact that the "other 9 QBs" are the likes of:

Justin Goltz
Alex Brink
Max Hall
Drew Willy
Brian Brohm
Robert Marve
Joey Elliott
Buck Pierce (Towards end of career - didn't have many starts 2012-2015)
Dominque Davis (only 1 start)

I love me some Matt Nichols, and there's no doubt he's been a game-changer... but that is an ugly, ugly compilation of QBs to compare to.

Just now, Eternal optimist said:

That is impressive, provided you omit the fact that the "other 9 QBs" are the likes of:

Justin Goltz
Alex Brink
Max Hall
Drew Willy
Brian Brohm
Robert Marve
Joey Elliott
Buck Pierce (Towards end of career - didn't have many starts 2012-2015)
Dominque Davis (only 1 start)

I love me some Matt Nichols, and there's no doubt he's been a game-changer... but that is an ugly, ugly compilation of QBs to compare to.

Nightmarish group of QB talent for sure.   I am still kind of surprised that Marve and Elliott fell so flat on their faces.  we haven't had any legit QB talent here in soo bloody long.

37 minutes ago, Noeller said:

If Wild isn't ready to be even the backup then he shouldn't be on the roster, if he's going on the roster though Knox should be the guy coming off because having the ability to rotate Nevis and Johnson at DT makes far more difference than rotating linebackers will. 

I like O'Shea a lot, but playing silly buggers with the defensive tackles is a mistake. 

7 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

If Wild isn't ready to be even the backup then he shouldn't be on the roster, if he's going on the roster though Knox should be the guy coming off because having the ability to rotate Nevis and Johnson at DT makes far more difference than rotating linebackers will. 

I like O'Shea a lot, but playing silly buggers with the defensive tackles is a mistake. 

ya I would really love to know his rationale for not having both on the field regularly..

21 minutes ago, SPuDS said:

Nightmarish group of QB talent for sure.   I am still kind of surprised that Marve and Elliott fell so flat on their faces.  we haven't had any legit QB talent here in soo bloody long.

In fairness Marve was playing with  ACL damage that should have kept him off the field permanently, I don't know what they were thinking when they signed him.