Bombers @ Argos: Depth Chart

sweep the leg

17 minutes ago, Blueandgold said:

I don't see why they want to play Knox over Nevis. The only way I can see that making sense is if they want to let Ian Wild play minimal snaps. But, if that's the case why even play him? Having two DI WIL seems redundant. 

With 3 Intl LB on the lineup, hope it means limited reps for Hurl. I'll be good with that.

The whole point of the team game we played played out exactly how it should have in the Toronto game...except we lost. We were set up to win that game with one kick. The D stopped the Argos. The O moved the ball downfield effectively killing the clock and set up shot for what should have been a game winning FG. It’s the same scenario we’ve used over the last 2 years. But the guy we hired to do this missed. S***!

Colour me surprised. It was there, and then it wasn’t. 

Tough way to lose a game. But this wasn’t the playoffs, and we’re not out of it.

It was a dismal performance on both sides of the ball at times, but the O really has to perform better than that. And Matt Nichols is p’eed off about it. Predictable running plays don’t help anyone’s cause, and Harris cannot do it alone, but he always tries.

LaPo still has time to figure this O out to get more production and it looks like we have a couple more weapons (Washington and Givens) to help him out.

?‍?Rest...Andrew Harris somehow.

?‍?The Maas attack. This time on asst coach Cory McDiarmid.  Embarrassing. Then, what does McDiarmid do? Why take it out on the players of course.

?‍?Ha, ha, good one Jeffrey Bannon - “Someone get Jason Mass a @SNICKERS

?‍?In regards to power rankings....In what world does a team with 2 less wins and a series loss to the same team, move ahead of them in power rankings? “In the don’t take seriously world” or the gruelling truth...

?‍?Thank goodness Weston Dressler is back

Bob Irving - Lastly on bomber game--Argos rico murray should be suspended for slamming Dressler into the ground head first. Could have broken his neck

?‍?I really only care to win our last three games...

Josh Straughan - Signed my futures contract for 2018 with the Winnipeg Blue Bombers! What a blessing from GOD!… instagram.com/p/BakAr_lB6Tj/

For the W-W-W

2 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

The whole point of the team game we played played out exactly how it should have in the Toronto game...except we lost. We were set up to win that game with one kick. The D stopped the Argos. The O moved the ball downfield effectively killing the clock and set up shot for what should have been a game winning FG. It’s the same scenario we’ve used over the last 2 years. But the guy we hired to do this missed. S***!

Colour me surprised. It was there, and then it wasn’t.  Tough way to lose a game. But this wasn’t the playoffs, and we’re not out of it.

It was a dismal performance on both sides of the ball at times, but the O really has to perform better than that. And Matt Nichols is p’eed off about it.

Josh Straughan - Signed my futures contract for 2018 with the Winnipeg Blue Bombers! What a blessing from GOD!… instagram.com/p/BakAr_lB6Tj/

For the W-W-W

Agreed that the body slam on Dressler should result in a fine and suspension. Josh Straughn looks like the complete package- NFL quality even. He has the strong arm with a great touch on the ball, plus an unteachable pocket sense of knowing when to roll out, step up or sprint. I'm pretty sure God wasn't blocking or catching for him, though.

4 minutes ago, tracker said:

Agreed that the body slam on Dressler should result in a fine and suspension. Josh Straughn looks like the complete package- NFL quality even. He has the strong arm with a great touch on the ball, plus an unteachable pocket sense of knowing when to roll out, step up or sprint. I'm pretty sure God wasn't blocking or catching for him, though.

That was a dangerous play and Murray should’ve been ejected. 

I remember Chip Cox and that linebacker from Hamilton doing the same thing to Charles Roberts in the mid 2000s. 

That's a split of games that I feel like we should've had two wins from. We killed ourselves with penalties and turnovers in both games. Our D has played well (other than killing us by extending drives with flags), but I don't think that they're so good that it explains away the Bombers' poor numbers on offence. They were out-gained 572 to 303 yards. Given that both punters performed about the same, that's a bit of a curb-stomp. If Dressler hadn't been there it'd have been ugly.

Thought that the Bomber O-Line was solid and had a good day. Laing and Co. were pretty silent against them although they did the job vs the run.

3 Passes batted down at the line (one intercepted for a long runback). That's well scouted by your D.

Rico Murray could've gone to ground with Dressler any number of ways and he picks German Suplex... As far as I'm concerned, 1 game suspension son. Have a word with yourself.

Before the game if you'd told me that Medlock would be on our 40 with no time left and a chance to kick for the win I may have stayed home. Weird game. Our two missed converts would've turned the FG attempt into a tie (if made)... You missed 2, we missed one and If Medlock had just hammered it for a single it would've been OT. Bloody hell... only in the CFL do you see that last play.

Missed you J5V. Another time. Hope you didn't elect to visit because of the security issues in my section.

At this point I'd rather the Esks cross over to face the REDBLACKS (presuming we can hold 1st)... Don't care to see the melonheads in my section again.

James Wilder Jr is beastly. I wonder what could have been if we hadn't gone with Whittaker for as long as we did.

Good luck the rest of the way. Hopefully see you in Ottawa.

13 minutes ago, bluto said:

That's a split of games that I feel like we should've had two wins from. We killed ourselves with penalties and turnovers in both games. Our D has played well (other than killing us by extending drives with flags), but I don't think that they're so good that it explains away the Bombers' poor numbers on offence. They were out-gained 572 to 303 yards. Given that both punters performed about the same, that's a bit of a curb-stomp. If Dressler hadn't been there it'd have been ugly.

Thought that the Bomber O-Line was solid and had a good day. Laing and Co. were pretty silent against them although they did the job vs the run.

3 Passes batted down at the line (one intercepted for a long runback). That's well scouted by your D.

Rico Murray could've gone to ground with Dressler any number of ways and he picks German Suplex... As far as I'm concerned, 1 game suspension son. Have a word with yourself.

Before the game if you'd told me that Medlock would be on our 40 with no time left and a chance to kick for the win I may have stayed home. Weird game. Our two missed converts would've turned the FG attempt into a tie (if made)... You missed 2, we missed one and If Medlock had just hammered it for a single it would've been OT. Bloody hell... only in the CFL do you see that last play.

Missed you J5V. Another time. Hope you didn't elect to visit because of the security issues in my section.

At this point I'd rather the Esks cross over to face the REDBLACKS (presuming we can hold 1st)... Don't care to see the melonheads in my section again.

James Wilder Jr is beastly. I wonder what could have been if we hadn't gone with Whittaker for as long as we did.

Good luck the rest of the way. Hopefully see you in Ottawa.

Bluto - how long is Wilder locked up?  He looks like he has potential for a few NFL looks if he goes that way.

1 minute ago, bluto said:

Yeah ... but we'd still have Ray to throw for some of the yards we lose from JWJ's absence. I get your point, but it isn't the same.

Except Wilder, Jr. serves a dual threat purpose, so his absence would be noticeable both on the ground in the air. He combined for nearly 200 total offensive yards and two majors. So, I think it is pretty similar.

34 minutes ago, Blueandgold said:

That was a dangerous play and Murray should’ve been ejected. 

I remember Chip Cox and that linebacker from Hamilton doing the same thing to Charles Roberts in the mid 2000s. 

It was Diamond Ferri that body slammed CR, and it was while he was with Montreal.

Edited by kelownabomberfan

26 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Bluto - how long is Wilder locked up?  He looks like he has potential for a few NFL looks if he goes that way.

Through next season for sure. Barker was always good about letting guys go south early... Doubt Trestman does that here.

32 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Except Wilder, Jr. serves a dual threat purpose, so his absence would be noticeable both on the ground in the air. He combined for nearly 200 total offensive yards and two majors. So, I think it is pretty similar.

Don't be pedantic.

Ray has many tools with which to keep the ball moving. Edwards, SJ Green, Edwards and even Whittaker who would've been in for JWJ and would have got something.

Removing Dressler from Nichols this past weekend basically halts your offence absent a few drive extending flags. End of.

Edited by bluto
words

The last couple of games showed what happens if you take out the Bomber big threats. Harris was neutralized, Adams was missing, and the Bombers could not compensate. Bluto was correct- if not for Dressler, it would have been another rout. The game plan for the Lions will be for them to focus on Harris and Dressler.

All’s that was said is if you took out the highest-producing weapons from that game. 

Take out Wilder and take out Dressler. Two huge losses for the teams. But let’s not pretend that everything else wouldn’t have been equal at that point. As it was, even with a somewhat dominant performance from the Argos, the Bombers were that close to winning another game. Call out whomever you must, but it was a 1 point game, and the Argos were lucky that Medlock is in his soft period of play. And missed, what for him, is a convert-type kick, and he usually doesn’t miss those.

Edited by Mr Dee

39 minutes ago, bluto said:

Don't be pedantic.

Ray has many tools with which to keep the ball moving. Edwards, SJ Green, Edwards and even Whittaker who would've been in for JWJ and would have got something.

Removing Dressler from Nichols this past weekend basically halts your offence absent a few drive extending flags. End of.

Don't be respectful while having a discussion or anything.

All I said was Wilder, Jr. was by far the Argos' best, most impactful player on offense and his absence would've been significant, no different than had Dressler been out (you know, like the week previous when the Bombers struggled without him and Adams vs. the Lions).

Edited by blue_gold_84