Ridirts @ BoLevi's Round 3

USABomberfan

32 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

Interestingly enough this SSK win officially ends B.C.'s bid for the post season. 2017 will be the first year the Lions have missed the post season since 1996. This was also the same year Scream and Independence day were released.

It's time for Wally to pass the torch to his successor, just like Cal had to do, coincidentally after the 1996 season. And also coincidentally, Jeff Reinebold is again available to take over. :)

When Wally retired the first time from coaching he kept interfering with the guys he hired as GM.  He always thought he was the best coach in the Lions organization so he couldn't let go.  He wouldn't let Benevides & Tedford do their jobs.  Wally really should have hung it up then but his ego got in the way. 

10 hours ago, Goalie said:

Say what you want but Carter has NFL talent and prob deserves to be there. Guy is just a football player. Yeah hes a ****** but lots of NFL players have done far worse. 

Him being a **** isnt what keeps him out of the NFL. Its him being dumber than a door knob. Honestly, that guy is a stereotypical football player. All athlete and no brains. Its difficult just listening to him. Couldnt imagine trying to teach him.

8 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

I don’t know about any of you guys and gals...but I’m not going anywhere near the Rider forum for a while. I just couldn’t take it.

Well of course it's going to be like that after a win.

I'll say this though, if we get them at home in the playoffs I hope Loffler hits Carter so hard he breaks him in two.

7 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

When Wally retired the first time from coaching he kept interfering with the guys he hired as GM.  He always thought he was the best coach in the Lions organization so he couldn't let go.  He wouldn't let Benevides & Tedford do their jobs.  Wally really should have hung it up then but his ego got in the way. 

I had said this a couple years ago and most ignored it.  He's getting too long in the tooth and losing a bit of his touch.

I gotta hand it to the guy on one hand that he's overcome health problems and gotten runs going like 2011.  Not easy to do.  But yeah, I think father time is calling his name.

The BC owners should call on him to resign, but I got a feeling they like him too much to do it, just like the NYG owners and their loyalty to Tom Coughlin.

6 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

I don't think Wally's coaching is the problem in BC. The O line is. Fix that one thing and they are in the playoffs again this year.

He's the GM too so he's responsible for that as well as sinking all the eggs in his basket into Jennings.

He's also a stubborn SOB if he doesn't start Alex Ross against EDM tonight.

Edited by USABomberfan

4 minutes ago, sweep the leg said:

BLM was terrible last night, and nearly as bad the week before. Something's up with that guy.

McDaniel and Daniels I believe were both out and Messam isn't at 100℅.  Kamar Jorden also started sucking last night as well.

I think the stamps have also caught our injury bug and they peaked too early.

Edited by USABomberfan

Stampeders still can't admit that they got outcoached and outplayed though. That's just not possible as far as they're concerned. 

It's great to see Calgary get smacked around and look so ordinary.  They have been pretty lucky this year, as far as some of their wins go.

Our Defenders should watch Duron Carter take Messam down.  Made it look pretty easy. Carter might be a bit goofy, but he doesn't bother me. Can't say he doesn't try hard/perform well on the field.

Edited by Mark F

29 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Riders didn't do a god damned thing in that game. Stamps handed it to them. BLM playing like he had a stroke or something. That team is definitely showing cracks and they can be had. 

Exactly true.

Just finished watching the game. I was expecting to see a well played game by the Riders that justified the score. What I saw was the worst played game by Calgary in the last 2 years. 

Im glad the fans are lapping it up. It will make beating them that much better.

From  Rob Vanstone -  This one defies probability: None of the Roughrders’ 30 points were scored when their first-or second-string quarterback was on the field.

50 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Disagree ACL was 93, we made the East Final in 94 and should have won that one and the Grey Cup. It was firing Cal.

Dunigan left after 94...  Feel like if we would have won in 1993 cal  would have resigned him...

cals last two years were really bad