Ridirts @ BoLevi's Round 3

USABomberfan

Just now, rebusrankin said:

Matty could have had a twenty year deal in 1993, would not have made a difference as he tore his acl.

Whoa circular argument...

my point is that cals inability to transition from dunigan is what sunk this franchise

letting McManus go while choosing garza... iirc?

i just remember the son in law years

Matt actually went to Birmingham.  Even if Matt had won a Grey Cup with the Bombers in 93 or 94 I don't think Cal signs him as the owner of the Barracudas - Mr. "Vincent Lecavalier is the Michael Jordan of hockey" - offered Matt a huge contract.  I believe it was over $500,000 US per year for at least 2 years, maybe 3... and then he proceeded to pay Matt a percentage of the amount owed in year 1 after which the team folded.  I seem to remember Matt taking Art to court over this.  I'm not sure how it was resolved in the end.

19 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

I don’t know about any of you guys and gals...but I’m not going anywhere near the Rider forum for a while. I just couldn’t take it.

11 hours ago, Mark H. said:

After that - keep the streak going - its been three years for me. 

God- no kidding I got perma banned for bad mouthing some assholes over there that were making fun of our injured players. **** them. that forum gives you eye cancer.

I can't wait untill the wheels far off again this year- those are some of the worst fans of any sports team- **** them, they deserve jones and carter.

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

On 10/20/2017 at 11:31 PM, Eternal optimist said:

I wanted Calgary to lose, but not like this... with an embarrassing loss at home like this they're going to blow Edmonton out of the water next weekend.

Call me crazy but I actually hope this does happen.  I know ... it was BC they played, but the Esks have been on a three game win streak and just look like a team that's gotten back to winning again.

I guess in my opinion, I feel like much of the Riders' wins have just been pure luck, and I just don't see a team relying on flukes and saddled with a player with a Cam Newton complex as going far, not even against us.  The Esks on the other hand appear to be getting healthy again and Reilly coming into the playoffs hot could spell trouble.  So ... If I pick my poison it's definitely SSK.

Edited by USABomberfan

1 minute ago, USABomberfan said:

Call me crazy but I actually hope this does happen.  I know ... it was BC they played, but the Esks have been on a three game win streak and just look like a team that's gotten back to winning again.

I guess in my opinion, I feel like much of the Riders' wins have just been pure luck, and I just see a team relying on flukes and saddled with a player with a Cam Newton complex as going far, not even against us.  The Esks on the other hand appear to be getting healthy again and Reilly coming into the playoffs hot could spell trouble.  So ... If I pick my poison it's definitely SSK.

If we play SK we lose.  They have Jones and Muamba, we have Oshay and Hurl.  If it continues like this we won't win another game this season.

On 2017-10-21 at 12:42 PM, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Never missed the playoffs tho. 3 cups, 6 appearances. how soon we forgets.

I'm sorry but on real life the 1995 and 96 were crap - saved only by the fact that other teams were truly beyond awful

the wheels were coming off - then reinbold melted the whole car