3 stars + HH double brutal edition.

wbbfan

1 Dressler. Maybe the only guy who showed up and played like he belonged in the play offs. 8-129 1 td. Took a hellacious hit that should lead to a suspension.  All heart.

2 Ogopogo. A huge pick ran back to the 1 and a deflection he nearly picked as well. 

3 Tj heath. Sack on a blitz,  pass knock down, and a couple wrap and tackles on a night a lot of our lbers and dbs got caught trying to hit or arm tackle.

hh Ian wild flying down field to make a great stop on a kick off. Great to see him out and flying around again. 

3 minutes ago, Goalie said:

1. Dressler 

2. OKP

3. Givens 

HH to Nichols. Solid game. 

I was impressed with Givens, especially against a very aggressive Toronto defense and his play on special teams. Washington decided to show a bit of grit right at the end to make a couple of clutch catches. Dressler's my man, what a player, just keeps the defense honest and opens up for other receivers. Loved how he went over to the Toronto coach to voice his displeasure after taking that brutal 'throw head into turf' hit, then bounced up the next play after taking a  clean but violent hit near the sideline. Without him in the lineup today, Toronto wins that game easily.

10 minutes ago, AKAChip said:

Love what Medlock did for the Bombers last year and have mad respect for his career but we are venturing deep into "what have you done for me lately" territory. 

And when your job is literally one specific thing that’s a career killer.  He’s not here for his punting, that’s for damn sure.  He needs to score lots of points to make that paycheque worthwhile.

1. Dressler

2. Nichols

3. Givens

I know Givens only made a few catches, but the one takeaway we have from the game today is that we have another receiver who can play. 

It’s also good to know that Dressler is back to normal. Our O will be extremely dangerous if we can get him and Adams back on the field together.

1 minute ago, Blueandgold said:

1. Dressler

2. Nichols

3. Givens

I know Givens only made a few catches, but the one takeaway we have from the game today is that we have another receiver who can play. 

It’s also good to know that Dressler is back to normal. Our O will be extremely dangerous if we can get him and Adams back on the field together.

Thats a lot of love for offense. Idk they drove the ball late. But going into that last possesion they had some 240 yards total and some brutal 2 and outs.  The 4th Q 2 and out that put the D right back on the field after a 5+ minute drive by TO was really what killed our chances of winning.  Ricky ray alone put up 130+ yards more then our offense did. A pretty miserable total team loss. 

1 minute ago, wbbfan said:

Thats a lot of love for offense. Idk they drove the ball late. But going into that last possesion they had some 240 yards total and some brutal 2 and outs.  The 4th Q 2 and out that put the D right back on the field after a 5+ minute drive by TO was really what killed our chances of winning.  Ricky ray alone put up 130+ yards more then our offense did. A pretty miserable total team loss. 

It’s a lot of love for 3 players. I thought the Bond injury really hurt our O-line, and the lack of production we’re getting from our secondary receivers is hurting us more than anything.

2 minutes ago, Blueandgold said:

It’s a lot of love for 3 players. I thought the Bond injury really hurt our O-line, and the lack of production we’re getting from our secondary receivers is hurting us more than anything.

Nichols wasnt really pressured much tnite. 0 sacks by the vaunted toronto pass rush. Givens and washington combined for solid "secondary receiver". We lost adams and gained dressler. So i dont see such a great shift in the quality of wr. Our over all talent at wr was certainly up from starting 2 nis. 

Dressler -  glad he's back.   He could have been hurt or paralyzed by that dirty pile driver.  Argo should have been booted from the game. 

Givens - made some nice grabs, good speed, not bad returning the ball. 

Miles (was it Miles) with the goal line stand to prevent 2 and keep us up 5. 

1. Dressler

2. Ogopogo.

3. Nichols - did pretty decent with (aside from Dressler) a decimated receiving corps.

HH - Givens.

On another aside....

1 hour ago, blueandgoldguy said:

Yes, pretty much.  He is not worth what they are paying him and has been suspect most of the year.

Absolutely Medlock should have hit that field goal, but Lapo's questionable play-calling on the final 2 offensive play calls is suspect as well. Why would he run it up the gut on the 3rd-last play, then call an outside run on the last offensive play? It caused Medlock to have to kick from the right hash mark, after previously lining it up for him in the centre of the field. Especially when you consider in that scenario you are:

1. Down by 1, not tied. You have to make that kick as a team (or get a rouge at least) to stay in the game.
2. Have a kicker that has struggled recently, and has already missed once in this game, from the same area.
3. Are kicking into the wind.

As we all now know, that kick was - wide right. Am I crazy here? I'm by no means a football guru, but to me, lining up a field goal in that situation is some pretty basic stuff. What would be the reason for calling an outside run like that... or is it as simple as Lapo trying to be unpredictable, and getting burnt?

Matt Nichols - Guy has ice water in his veins and no situation seems to overwhelm him. He is our single, greatest hope for the post season

Weston Dressler - Incredible motor on this guy and plays at a different level. He is a difference maker.

Santos-Knox - Whenever something good happened out there on D this guy was in the middle of it.

Andrew Harris - What a focused competitor and terrific teammate. When he's not on the field making plays he's cheering on the boys.

HH - Suhk Chungh - Love the fire that burns in this guy's belly. I would NOT want to have to line up against this man. 

7 minutes ago, J5V said:

Matt Nichols - Guy has ice water in his veins and no situation seems to overwhelm him. He is our single, greatest hope for the post season

Weston Dressler - Incredible motor on this guy and plays at a different level. He is a difference maker.

Santos-Knox - Whenever something good happened out there on D this guy was in the middle of it.

Andrew Harris - What a focused competitor and terrific teammate. When he's not on the field making plays he's cheering on the boys.

HH - Suhk Chungh - Love the fire that burns in this guy's belly. I would NOT want to have to line up against this man. 

4 stars in a 1-point loss?

Super impressed with Wade Miller today. He saw a bunch of us sitting behind the Bomber bench with our Bomber gear on and came right over and made a point of coming to each of us and shaking our hands and thanking us for our support. Even posed for a picture. That is one classy gentleman.

Miller2.jpg

17 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

4 stars in a 1-point loss?

Yeah, I got carried away. The boys really didn't play that bad. I agree with the posters that have identified the defensive system as the problem. Defensively we made some good stands in the red zone. The problem was between the 20's we offered little to no resistance to Ricky Ray and he carved up Richie Hall's defense really good.

Neufeld must have done his job pretty well, cause pass protection continued to be good after he went in. 

Harris needs some kind of a  break. He looks physically exhausted.

another unfortunate consequence of this loss,  he will not get any time off. Wish they would let our bruiser fullback get the ball now and

then. deliver some punishment to opposing Defences.

How much does L Washington weigh? He sure looks slight for football. Made some nice catches.

It was annoying that the Offence called two dives into the line when they had been moving the ball well, to give it back to Toronto for game winning drive, therefore relying on the defence to stop TO , when it hadn't done that all game.

Seem to be more jerk ass defensive players in the league than ever, helmet to helmet, tackling out of bounds, pile drivers, and the like. That crap has to be put an end to.

Need to get rid of the "old school tough guy part of the game " attitude at league management level.

no game thread. odd.

Edited by Mark F

16 hours ago, blueandgoldguy said:

Yes, pretty much.  He is not worth what they are paying him and has been suspect most of the year.

Disagree with the latter point - he has been absolutely money for most of the year, but is experiencing a slump now. Let's hope he can pick his game up heading into playoffs.

14 hours ago, Eternal optimist said:

As we all now know, that kick was - wide right. Am I crazy here? I'm by no means a football guru, but to me, lining up a field goal in that situation is some pretty basic stuff. What would be the reason for calling an outside run like that... or is it as simple as Lapo trying to be unpredictable, and getting burnt?

It's the kicker's job to make fields goals, no matter what position he's put in. Medlock has made kicks like that many a time before.